“Andaz Wall Street is awesome!”
Review of Andaz Wall Street

Andaz Wall Street
Ranked #121 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This hotel was recommended to us by my daughter. It was my sister's 60th bday and although she lives in Manhattan, we wanted to treat her to a nice hotel/mini-vacation. We had such a great experience in this hotel. I don't think I've ever been in a hotel where everything in your room is complimentary (excluding alcohol). But we ate all the chips, chocolates, drank all the sodas, water, etc...And it even came with a few movie (HBO) channels. And then from 6pm-7pm they had complimentary all you can drink wine. And then all day long they have not just coffee, but a cappuccino/latte machine that was really good.

I love this hotel and would stay there again...Thank you to all the Andaz staff for making it such a great hotel experience for us.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ada H
Rusty_Middleton, General Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear Ada H,
I'm glad to read you enjoyed your recent stay for your special occasion. It was great to hear about how you enjoyed the daily, complimentary items that are part of our Andaz brand. Our snacks and beverages are a popular part of the great service we provide. Some are even sourced from local neighborhood vendors.
I hope we will see you again when your travel plans have you returning to New York City.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

If one hsas business in Wall Street area, this might be a nice hotel in which to stay. The rooms are minimalist and high tech but spacious and nice. those on Pearl Street side can hade offensive odors from restaurant below. Lighting in rooms not that good if needed for work purposes.

1  Thank canejo
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I've stayed at the Andaz on 9 separate occassions within the last 6 months and loved the place. By far, my stays at other hotels doesn't compare to the feel of comfort and home I experience at the Andaz. The size of the room and bed invites you to stay in for much longer than you planned. I recommend it to anyone who would listen.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I am scared to tell you how nice the hotel was because if it becomes too popular it may be hard for me to get reservations when we go back! Large rooms, easy-going, yet upscale atmosphere, very helpful, nice front desk staff. Bar is a bit modern for my tastes. Service at restaurant and bar just ok.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tracy F
Reviewed 4 May 2014

A friend and I needed to be in NYC for just the weekend and arrived on a Saturday night and left early Sunday morning. I prefer to stay downtown if I am in NYC on the weekends because it's generally quieter than midtown area hotels. When we arrived at check-in (around 10:00pm at night), there were very helpful front desk staff to check us in on their tablets and hand us our keys. The whole process lasted maybe 3-4 minutes and the staff was so nice! In fact, all of the staff that we encountered over our stay were extremely polite and helpful.

The room itself was fantastic. Wood laminate and tile floors (no carpet), a comfy king bed with clean white linens, a spacious area for the desk, and a window bench that ran all along the wall with the window. Everything was spare, modern, and a touch luxe. The bathroom was really spacious - a lot of room to lay out your toiletries and the shower was enormous. The shower had a rainfall shower head and I was concerned about water pressure, but it was great. There was also a handheld shower if you didn't want to do an overhead rainfall. The only quibble I would have is that in the bathroom, there are essentially three mirrors - one over the sink and two on either side. The ones on either side were tinted just slightly, but since there's not a ton of light in the room and all the tile is black, I barely was able to see to do things like put on make up. I managed by taking the small magnifying mirror over to the window and using natural light. Amenities in the room were great - free wi-fi and free minibar except for alcohol. The free minibar had water, tea, sodas, chips, chocolate bar, and usually a granola bar or two.

One night, we had drinks and snacks at the bar that is just up the stairs from the lobby. While the service was a tad slow, the drinks were fantastic, and the food (oysters and charcuterie) was top notch.

Location was good. Only a few blocks away to the Wall St station for the 2 and 3 trains, but you could almost always catch a cab right out front.

Overall, a really wonderful stay and would love to stay here again!

Room Tip: As with any NYC hotel, a room on a higher floor is generally a good idea.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank gop1972

Dear gop1972,

Thank you for the detailed review of your recent stay. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodation, the hotel’s amenities and your interactions with our team. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our team. On behalf of all of us here at the hotel, I am looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I stay at this hotel 4 to 8 times per year and it is my "go to" hotel for the financial district. Good style, free snacks at the minibar and a nice bar and restaurant. The hotel is conveniently located at the intersection of Wall St at Water. It's an easy walk to all locations at the south end of Manhattan and not too far from a subway stop. The staff does a nice job, and the hotel is very high tech, which is fun. The only negative is that, during hot weather, it is difficult to get the room cool enough. Staying on a lower floor seems to help. The bar and restaurant are both very good, though typically pricey as is standard for NYC.

Dear Kevin W,
Thank you for your review and loyalty to Andaz Wall Street. I appreciate your feedback and I'm pleased to read you enjoy the property and our amenities. I am also happy to read how you enjoy our Lower Manhattan location. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Andaz again very soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stay here regularly. Nice people. Reliable. Free snacks, free mini-bar, coffee, wine in the evening. This is a no hassle hotel. No surprises. Fine place to stay. I will continue to stay here when in the wall street area.

Review collected in partnership with Andaz
Rusty_Middleton, General Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear mbazerman,
Thank you for the review of your recent stay. Yes, the complimentary beverages and snacks are very popular with our guests. We try to use local vendors when possible for those products.
Please consider us again when you return to New York City.