“Great hotel”
Review of Andaz Wall Street

Andaz Wall Street
Ranked #146 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 10 May 2014

It's a shame that this hotel doesn't have much going on around it, because it's a pretty great hotel. Quick check in, lovely spacious room, complimentary snacks and non-alcoholic drinks in the fridge. The bathroom was great, and the shower and toiletries were really nice. I especially appreciated the buttons next to the bed that allowed you to adjust lighting and open/close the blackout blinds (you don't get a better sleep than with blackout blinds!). Food was great - pricey, but c'mon - NYC hotel food is never ever cheap.

Heads up - hotel is hard to locate - no prominent signage and it's next to a luxury apartment building. Super easy to walk into the wrong place.

I stayed here for business and was honestly disappointed that I didn't have more time to use the gym, facilities, etc. Again - kind of boring location at first glance, but I must say I didn't research the immediate blocks around the hotel. Maybe there's more around than I realize.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank athena97
Write a ReviewReviews (3,067)

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Clean, well-organized, comfortable hotel with a very nice, chill vibe. The staff is very friendly, highly professional and seems sincerely invested in creating a great experience for guests. We were greeted by Michael, who took us from a fast and easy check-in, including a complete briefing on amenities, right through to unloading our luggage and escorting us to our rooms. Fabulous service by the lobby staff throughout our three day, two night weekend stay for the Five Boro Bike Tour. Parking was simple, garage conveniently located next door, discount voucher from the hotel took the edge off of city parking rates. As mentioned by others, nice touches like free snacks and soft drinks in the mini-bar, coffee and tea (sometimes cookies) in the lobby along with wine in the evening add to the "guest focused" feel of the Andaz. Rooms are spacious and airy (huge by NYC standards). We had a "Large King" room. High ceilings, minimalist decor and functional layout worked well for us. Bed and pillows VERY comfortable. Room was quiet, well-lit, very clean. Housekeeping was most attentive throughout our stay. We liked the digital light control next to the bed that allowed you to turn all lights on or off from the bed and also offered some dimming options - one of those nice to have touches. Hotel was very peaceful and calm despite being a full-house for a busy event weekend. We experienced no noise between rooms or from the street (we were on 10th floor, our friends on the 17th enjoyed the same experience). Hotel bar was reasonably priced for NYC, service was prompt and friendly. Did not eat in the hotel restaurant due to limited hours on weekends. No matter, there are many cool bars and restaurants within a short walk. Easy walk to subway, Staten Island Ferry, Liberty & Ellis Island ferries and South St Seaport. We usually stay at the Grand Hyatt (midtown) while in the city but the Andaz Wall St (also a Hyatt property) is our new NYC go-to destination. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: From what we saw, all rooms are significantly larger than is the norm for NYC. Our "Large King...
3  Thank RD1515
Rusty_Middleton, General Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear RD1515,
Thank you for the detailed review. I appreciate the kind words regarding our staff and I will share your feedback with Michael and the housekeeping team. You are also correct by noting that our guest rooms are larger than the typical NYC hotels.
We hope to see you again next year for the Five Boro Bike Tour.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This hotel was recommended to us by my daughter. It was my sister's 60th bday and although she lives in Manhattan, we wanted to treat her to a nice hotel/mini-vacation. We had such a great experience in this hotel. I don't think I've ever been in a hotel where everything in your room is complimentary (excluding alcohol). But we ate all the chips, chocolates, drank all the sodas, water, etc...And it even came with a few movie (HBO) channels. And then from 6pm-7pm they had complimentary all you can drink wine. And then all day long they have not just coffee, but a cappuccino/latte machine that was really good.

I love this hotel and would stay there again...Thank you to all the Andaz staff for making it such a great hotel experience for us.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ada H
Rusty_Middleton, General Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear Ada H,
I'm glad to read you enjoyed your recent stay for your special occasion. It was great to hear about how you enjoyed the daily, complimentary items that are part of our Andaz brand. Our snacks and beverages are a popular part of the great service we provide. Some are even sourced from local neighborhood vendors.
I hope we will see you again when your travel plans have you returning to New York City.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

If one hsas business in Wall Street area, this might be a nice hotel in which to stay. The rooms are minimalist and high tech but spacious and nice. those on Pearl Street side can hade offensive odors from restaurant below. Lighting in rooms not that good if needed for work purposes.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Andaz
1  Thank canejo
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I've stayed at the Andaz on 9 separate occassions within the last 6 months and loved the place. By far, my stays at other hotels doesn't compare to the feel of comfort and home I experience at the Andaz. The size of the room and bed invites you to stay in for much longer than you planned. I recommend it to anyone who would listen.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Andaz
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I am scared to tell you how nice the hotel was because if it becomes too popular it may be hard for me to get reservations when we go back! Large rooms, easy-going, yet upscale atmosphere, very helpful, nice front desk staff. Bar is a bit modern for my tastes. Service at restaurant and bar just ok.

2  Thank Tracy F
Reviewed 4 May 2014

A friend and I needed to be in NYC for just the weekend and arrived on a Saturday night and left early Sunday morning. I prefer to stay downtown if I am in NYC on the weekends because it's generally quieter than midtown area hotels. When we arrived at check-in (around 10:00pm at night), there were very helpful front desk staff to check us in on their tablets and hand us our keys. The whole process lasted maybe 3-4 minutes and the staff was so nice! In fact, all of the staff that we encountered over our stay were extremely polite and helpful.

The room itself was fantastic. Wood laminate and tile floors (no carpet), a comfy king bed with clean white linens, a spacious area for the desk, and a window bench that ran all along the wall with the window. Everything was spare, modern, and a touch luxe. The bathroom was really spacious - a lot of room to lay out your toiletries and the shower was enormous. The shower had a rainfall shower head and I was concerned about water pressure, but it was great. There was also a handheld shower if you didn't want to do an overhead rainfall. The only quibble I would have is that in the bathroom, there are essentially three mirrors - one over the sink and two on either side. The ones on either side were tinted just slightly, but since there's not a ton of light in the room and all the tile is black, I barely was able to see to do things like put on make up. I managed by taking the small magnifying mirror over to the window and using natural light. Amenities in the room were great - free wi-fi and free minibar except for alcohol. The free minibar had water, tea, sodas, chips, chocolate bar, and usually a granola bar or two.

One night, we had drinks and snacks at the bar that is just up the stairs from the lobby. While the service was a tad slow, the drinks were fantastic, and the food (oysters and charcuterie) was top notch.

Location was good. Only a few blocks away to the Wall St station for the 2 and 3 trains, but you could almost always catch a cab right out front.

Overall, a really wonderful stay and would love to stay here again!

Room Tip: As with any NYC hotel, a room on a higher floor is generally a good idea.
2  Thank gop1972

Dear gop1972,

Thank you for the detailed review of your recent stay. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodation, the hotel’s amenities and your interactions with our team. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our team. On behalf of all of us here at the hotel, I am looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.