“Excellent Room”

Ranked #120 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Seattle, Washington
“Excellent Room”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This review is solely for the room. It was THE BEST room I've ever stayed in. Modern and sleek design. I checked in late and was too tired to play with the gadgets. But the bathtub was a God-sent. Awesome amentities too.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Sam J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very nice property on Wall St. Had an upgraded room which was very spacious for NYC and highly functional for professionals. Layout and decor was quite "zen" / spa like. Room service menu was restaurant-like in its choices and the quality of the food (salmon) was excellent. Service in the lobby was friendly and responsive. Will definitely stay here again when I need to be downtown.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Andaz for two nights and it was fantastic. Check in was efficient and easy, we got upgraded because it was my partners birthday and the room was out of this world! Such a romantic, gorgeous hotel. Central to all the best attractions and far enough away from the horrible hustle and bustle of Times Square with the ease of a 15 subway ride if that's where you want to be. Absolutely loved it and will definitely return in the future... In fact we wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else and will definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family. Thank you for a memorable stay. Danielle and Gavin.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
McLean, Virginia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I think some travel bloggers are awesome, and the hotels should appreciate them...Without these people I wouldn't have found this hotel and imaging I would spend approximately the same but staying at a 18-19 m2 W New York room made me feel uncomfortable right now...

Anyways, I heard this hotel from blogger "one mile at a time" and "view from the wing". Their suggestion turned out to be right. The hotel is dirt cheap the day I stayed ($156 on expedia mobile exclusive deal) and I wanted the stay credit so I booked AAA rate, some $170, which is more than worth it.
The front desk "host" greeted me upon arriving, and I was assigned to a high floor room -- obviously they had low occupancy that day considering I had no status with Hyatt. The room is elegantly designed, though weirdly showing its age earlier than expected, say the wood floor makes some cracking sound at some places, the carper is somewhat discolored, and some tiles in the bath room was broken. But, still an amazing room with a lot of functionality. One can control everything bed side, from lights to the window.

It's also nice to have the TV greeting me with my name on it. So it's a very modern and big room, accommodating with its overall hip style, on a very high floor in new York city, paying less than $200 for a night. I really don't think one can get much better than that. Oh I forgot about the free minibar...great idea!

The public area is also very, very nice. You only get it when you look into it. It's large, modern design, and has this social vibe when filled with people. It has 24 hour coffee/espresso machine, and some times snacks.

Very impressive hotel overall, and I can see why it's aging faster than it is expected. A cool place!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank herbertgzb
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We booked this room at the last minute after our previously chosen hotel fell threw, so we didn't know anything about it when we showed up. We were pleasantly surprised with what we found. The room was quite large by NYC standard, and the bathroom was great by any standard. The bed was comfortable and non-alcoholic drinks in the mini-bar were complementary, as was the wi-fi. The staff and service were top notch as well. Of course no hotel is perfect, and this is no exception. One of the lights in the bathroom was burnt out and the television reception was sketchy at times. This is an expensive hotel and at these prices I don't expect these things. But overall it was a good experience and I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
berkshire
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Arrived early after overnight flight from Vancouver.
Check in efficient, polite and gave info about local area also allowed room exceptionally early which was much appreciated.
Hotel in great location for lower Manhatten.
Room immaculate with lovely comfy beds and ample toiletries.

Free soft drinks and snacks
Free wifi
Free wine hour
Will definitely return to this hotel when we are back in New York
10/10

Stayed May 2014
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here near the end of April and I did extensive research prior to selecting a hotel to stay at on the last part of my trip and came across this gem of a hotel - and I wasn't disappointed!

This hotel is modern, clean, beautiful and the best part of all it is in a quiet location of NYC away from the usual hustle and bustle of Times Square - I barely noticed the usual sounds that come with any big city (traffic, sirens etc.) which was great as I am a light sleeper so I got a good nights sleep each night of my stay (comfortable bedding!) which was absolute perfection!

Check in was quick and easy - note: the hotel "reception desk" is more of an area with couches to the left when you enter the hotel - I booked through a third party website (got a great rate via. Go Compare) - and no issues at all. Reception staff overall generally polite. Lovely lobby area with tea/coffee facilities which was greatly appreciated.

My room was a really great size and tall ceilings like my apartment back home which I love (and the room was a standard king room too - and way bigger a room compared to some other hotel rooms I've stayed in both in the US and in Europe) impeccably clean (housekeeping do a fantastic job) and the bathroom amenities are brilliant touch too and top quality. The operating panel for the blinds, air conditioning and lights are easy to work too. Good size TV with great choice of TV channels (VH1, MTV and various HBO channels). Shower was fantastic with rainfall shower head - perfection! But as previous reviewers had said there is a tinted window between shower room and bedroom so you must be aware of this if you are sharing a room.

The replenishment of the mini-bar (great various selection of non-alcoholic drinks, granola bars, chocolate and crisps (all great quality!) included in your room price/rate except alcohol) was a fantastic extra touch. The staff who deliver this are truly a credit to the hotel - polite and courteous.

I also tried their room service (ordered dinner from the hotel's restaurant) and it didn't disappoint - they told me it would be a half hour wait and it was delivered within that half hour so the service was prompt and efficient - no complaints at all - food was overall great - massive portions, which after a day of walking round NYC was very much appreciated!

With being close to many shops (Duane Reade is right across the street - very handy), Abercrombie & Fitch, Sephora and Tiffanys to name a few it's easy to just stay around the area and not venture too much uptown. Brooklyn Bridge, 9/11 memorial, Battery Park and the Staten Island Ferry terminal are also not far away from this hotel either so there is plenty to do within the near vicinity.

If you do wish to venture uptown (we did go uptown to Central Park, as well as The Guggenheim Museum and to The Empire State Building) its a quick trip on the Subway (quite a few subway stations not far from the hotel - about 5/10 min walk) or there are plenty of taxis situated outside of the hotel.

Overall, a perfect first time trip to NYC and the hotel definitely had a massive part to play in making the experience a truly great one - I think I have found my go to hotel the next time I may find myself in NYC.

Paula Beattie