“One of my favorite hotels EVER!”
Review of Andaz Wall Street

Andaz Wall Street
Ranked #123 of 466 Hotels in New York City
New York City, New York
“One of my favorite hotels EVER!”
Reviewed 29 July 2010

Everything about this hotel is cool and edgy - and yet, it was also top notch from a business traveler's perspective. Loved the location on the corner of Wall and Water, which is smack dab in the financial district. LOVED the free wine and snacks from 6-9 at night, LOVED the FREE cappuccino in the morning, the FREE internet access, and perhaps, most of all, that everything in the minibar (other than the alocohol) was also FREE. I stayed in a large King room, that was ultra modern and functional at the same time. Even took notes on the decor and colors to use the next time I renovate one of my baths at home! In addition, the staff could not have been any more friendly and helpful. Can't wait to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Oslo
Reviewed 29 July 2010

Prior to this trip, my wife and I had decided to avoid booking a hotel i the busiest tourist areas of New York. The Andaz is situatet in a relatively quiet area, however all major attractions are only a short walk away. As the hotel is close to the harbour, there is a wide selection of restaurants and cafes where it's possible to have an enjoyable meal.

The hotel itself is amazing! The style is very modern and european-style, and the staff is attentive towards the guests needs. Rooms are spacious, and there is complimentary wifi internet; an important perk to keep in toutch with friends and family, as well as the office.

This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in; and probably one of the best in N.Y.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 28 July 2010

I read a lot of reviews leading up to this trip, and based on them, decided to give Andaz a try, as opposed to the Battery Park Ritz where I usually stay. I wasn't disappointed. The staff was really excellent. They seemed to go above and beyond to try and help, from getting me an early check in, to flagging down a cab willing to haul me back to JFK. They did it all without conspicuously waiting around for a hand out too. I tipped, but they acted like they weren't expecting it, which was refreshing.

I really liked the style of the place - very modern and well put together - not for everyone maybe, but I liked it. The TV, iPod dock, and the snacks and drinks included were all a very nice touch. I read some gripes about the internet connection being slow, but when I had a few minutes at the end of the day I was streaming Netflix to my laptop with no issues at all.

The restaurant matched the style and quality of the hotel as well - nice decor, good staff, and a meal that didn't make me feel like I was at crappy restaurant chain.

One gripe: although the LCD was nice and large, I couldn't find one hi-def cable channel in the bunch - a complete waste for such a nice piece of equipment. They need to upgrade or switch the satellite/cable provider.

All in all, I loved the place - I've found my new preference when I need to stay downtown.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Leezstuff
London
Reviewed 25 July 2010

I added a personal night here at the end of a business trip staying at a different hotel. I was surprised - mainly because they got a lot right right.

The obvious - rooms are good size with comfortable beds, bright, airy, minimally furnished but with all the gadgets you would expect (big TV and iPod dock, among others).

The less obvious - the free non-alocholic minibar was a nice touch with plenty of snacks. There is also a space in reception offering complimentary tea/coffee, snacks and wine in the evening. Wifi is also free. Above all I felt that the premium price covered all the extras it should and as a result, I left not feeling like I'd been robbed at every opportunity. Surely this is how a luxury hotel should be (contrast, obviously, to Hyatt's other brands).

The bar and general ambience is nice enough to have a few drinks with friends before heading out.

The location, on the edge of Wall Street, may not be to everyone's taste. That said, a sub-$20 taxi got me to central park and the hotel is on all the major bus routes. It is probably a 15-20 minute walk to Soho. I think I'd take a hit on the location if I could get a good rate here.

Not everything works - I thought the floating checkin - a member of staff with a netbook - was awkward and the staff didn't feel any more comfortable with it than the guests. This was especially true at peak periods such as morning checkout when people and luggage littered the lobby as staff attempted to address the backlog.

I'd definitely stay here again. I'd like to think this is a good model for other luxury hotels, but difficult to believe such a change would happen.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Saint Cloud, Florida
Reviewed 25 July 2010

The prior reviews accurately describe this hotel. Personally, I really like this place and the Andaz concept. I know the rates aren't the cheapest, but just the thought that soda's, juices and snacks in the room are complimentary (As well as Wifi), create a feel good factor.

However, this review is not about the hotel, it's about their weekend brunch, IT MUST BE ONE OF THE BEST VALUE INDULGENCES IN MANHATTAN !

$22 for cold buffet (breads, cereals, fruits, raw oysters, enormous shrimps, salami, prosciutto, cheeses, fruit cobblers/pies, and much more).

But, the best deal has to be the above buffet including a freshly prepared hot entree for $28. That's right, all of the above PLUS your choice of dishes; Bacon, Eggs, Omelets, Pancakes, Crepes, +++++++. My personal favorite, Mixed wild mushrooms, with a fried egg, served on toast with Foie Gras ! Yes, that's Foie Gras for an extra $6 !

The freshly prepared entrees are cooked in an open kitchen right next to your table, and delivered with 5* style.

Now, including tax and tip its more than $30, so not exactly a cheap meal. But based on the quality and the fact it's in a high end Manhattan hotel, you will struggle to find better value for level of eating pleasure.

Skip breakfast, go later in the morning and take your time enjoying all the buffet has to offer.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Triesen, Liechtenstein
Reviewed 24 July 2010

I stayed at this hotel primarily because of the location (I had meetings nearby). Having read of their new concept (no hassle, homely, etc.) I was interested to see if it worked or not. In summary, yes it does. The check-in staff come to you as you walk in, instead of you having to queue up in front of a check-in desk. The lobby is indeed homely with comfortable couches and chairs. This is also where you can come and chat with other guests (or just sit by yourself) while enjoying complimentary wine. The rooms are very modern (no carpeting, black bathroom, etc) but not unfriendly or uncomfortable. A definite plus is that numerous things are free that you would otherwise pay extra for at other hotels (eg internet access, non-alcohoilc drinks in the minibar, etc.). My only criticism is that there was no plug in the bathroom sink which makes it difficult to wet-shave. I would not hesitate to use this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank DeeBeeFL
Berkshires, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 July 2010

great reception and continued service, refreshing new hotel experience. easy access to local attractions and clean subway station. Parking was a little difficult, but once I dumped the car it was a relaxing trouble free adventure with my family. the staff did a wonderful job taking care of my family and me.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family