Andaz Wall Street
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Q&A Residential Hotel(New York City)
  • Fitness centre
Eurostars Wall Street(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
The Wall Street Inn(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Gild Hall, a Thompson Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
AKA Wall Street(New York City)
3,105 results
All reviewsthe financial districtnon alcoholic beveragesfree mini barlarge kingbattery parksouth street seaportstock exchangenew yorklower manhattanblackout shadessoaking tubstaten island ferryhuge showerrain showercomplimentary winemodern designstatue of liberty
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 September 2010

Casual yet warm and friendly welcome. I was sat on a couch in the lobby and provided a drink (much appreciated after a long flight and a busy day) while waiting for the "Andaz Host" (there is no reception as such) to fetch the mobile check-in device and brief me on the facilities and amenities.

Excellent and very large, elegant room. Apparently an upgrade, though there was no mention of it at check-in. The very cutting-edge design may not be everybody's cup of tea, but I did enjoy it. Everything seemed well thought-through and not just designed for mere trendiness. Good choice of complimentary drinks and snacks in the minibar, and not just your standard water and sodas. Free wireless, too.

They have a happy hour each night with free alcoholic drinks in the lobby lounge, with snacks and non-alcoholic beverages available throughout the day for all hotel guests. Basically a lounge concept generally found on Club/Executive level floors only.

I was booked on a promotional award stay and ended up paying $0, thanks to the wide range of complimentary amenites; though I would absolutely have been just as happy to pay a standard rate. I had a midnight flight and enquired about late check-out. Was granted 2 p.m., which was not ideal but I suppose asking for more would really have been pushing it.

Was thoroughly impressed with the general service level - casual yet perfectly efficient; personal yet non-intrusive.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 September 2010

All in all a very pleasant stay if money doesn't matter. A bit noisy even on floor 16 if you have a room to Water street. One critic: why were my own weeklies trashed and taken away w/out my consent ie I trashed them? And service also didnt know what to do with my sleeping pants - everyday I found them somewhere else. But the concept of the hotel is good, they really offer free wifi, coffee, tea, water and wine in the evening!

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed 8 September 2010

Me and my husband stayed 4 nights at Andez Wall street in June and and had a perfekt stay!
We booked a Andez king room which was spacious and smelled all new! The complimentary minibar was great and every morning you could go down the lobby and get coffee and delicious muffins for free.
The staff was very friendly and ready to help if you had any questions.
The only negative thing was the internet acces - it was really bad in the room but in the lobby it worked fine.
All in all - a really great experience - we would definitely go back anytime!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2010

I guess at first I just want to try out Andaz brand hotel since it is new. I got this hotel from my Hyatt points. Instantly impressed with the service and the staff at the hotel.
1. The room is huge, for NYC standard. I have stayed at many hotels in NYC and the impression is the small room. Not this one. The room is huge with great view. The amenities are super. The bed are comfy, and the sheets are soft.
2. The bathroom is also spectacular. Never had that kind of bathroom before, where you can watch TV from the tub because of the glass wall. But it is so cool.
3. The service is also excellent. Again, never been to a hotel where there is no usual 'receptionist'. Only staff with laptop who checked us in. The room card is also different than usual. The thing is, you can also borrow the laptop if you want to browse for a short time.
4. Location is great. Only 2 blocks from subway, and it is in Wall Street area. So not too crowded at night. I was also surprised that Wall Street is quite a residential area now, unlike the usual image about Wall Street that I had.
5. Goodies is free. Upon check in we were provided with drinks. If you want water, you got water. You want coffee you got coffee. And we were told that the non-alcoholic drinks and snacks in minibar are free. Say that again?

In summary, I would stay there again. The published price for NYC standard is also not that bad.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2010

The Andaz Wall Street is a fresh concept in upscale hotels. The property houses less than 300 guest rooms and has the feel of an upscale and intimate boutique property. Service is attentive, professional yet not overly formal or intrusive.

During my stay I made requests for shoe shine service. Upon handing the attendant my shoes I requested special attention be paid to not putting black polish on the exposed white stitching. They took great care and interest in making sure this was done satisfactorily. The hotel room uses an inclusive concept where internet, drinks and snacks in the lobby lounge, and mini-bar snacks and non alcoholic drinks are complimentary.

I feel the housekeeping side of house does not live up to the properties standards. Upon checking into the property I noticed a few deficiencies in the cleanliness of my room (Dirty Windows, Fingerprints on bathroom surfaces, and dirty floors). I was not given an opportunity to change rooms as the occupancy was stated as 100%. I left a tip for the housekeeper early on the second day and upon returning prior to dinner I found my room had not been cleaned, and my mini-bar not restocked. The tip however was collected and even after addressing the issue with management my room was never completely serviced. The lady I assumed who worked as a "Turn Down Attendant" tried to do as much as possible quickly despite us occupying the room. I requested ice to be delivered after arriving and never received this either. I made a list of things that needed attention in my room and gave it to the housekeeping manager.

The hotel uses smart card technology keys rather than programmable magnetic strip ones. I had to have them reprogrammed 4 times within 24 hours. The staff in the lobby (aka Hosts) were friendly and helpful but I found the lack of a concierge in an upscale hotel to be a major deficiency.

I ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant both mornings and had a mixed experience. I had breakfast with 3 others in my party and the second day service was below acceptable. 3 out of 4 entrees were not delivered as ordered. I ordered freshly juiced apple juice and was given a glass of brown (highly aged and oxidized) pulpy juice. As someone who owns the identical juicer as the restaurant and who juices regularly I know this is not a fresh product. My black tea was served in a coffee pot rather than the location standard Bodum Brand French Press. These things were noted but not readily fixed. As a Hyatt Diamond Gold Passport Member me and other registered guests in my room are to receive a full hot breakfast inclusive of tax and gratuity. At check in and check out I was told the allowance was a flat $25 each despite the hot breakfast being $28 plus tax and gratuity. After requesting they review the Gold Passport program rules (Diamond membership item 5) the charge was corrected.

I would recommend this property if the location is convenient to your plans but would set my expectations for an average overall experience. Service was delivered perfectly by Rob, Tyler, and the hard working turn down attendant trying to clean our room.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends