At first glance this hotel shows well, but I found a number of reasons that I wouldn't stay here again.
1) Loud street noise from the Water street side at all hours - if you stay here ask to face Pearl St.
2) Floors in the rooms are ICE cold. They look beautiful, but not practical.
3) Shower door doesn't seal properly, creates a flood in the bathroom (and yes I'm used to framless glass shower doors). And my showerhead was already spraying water in every direction - hasn't been cleaned or replaced since new.
4) Beds are ROCK hard. Only stay here if you like a very firm mattress.
5) Service is mediocre in my opinion. No help with bags and fairly slow.
There are some pluses. The TV was excellent, the bathroom's look was excellent, free minibar was a major plus. But I cannot understand why anyone would want to stay in this location - it's really just about the worst in Manhattan in my opinion.More