“What a chic surprise!”
Review of Andaz Wall Street

Andaz Wall Street
Ranked #122 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 28 December 2010

My fiance and I stayed at the Andaz over the Christmas holiday (and during the attendant blizzard). First let me say that the room service was absolutely the best room service food I have ever had in my life. It was always promptly delivered with a very high level of attention to detail. During the blizzard we really appreciated this! Check-in and check-out were friendly and efficient. Our room was quiet, and I loved the automatic lighting scheme buttons and the fact that you could lower the blackout screens from a bedside button. Internet was fast and reliable in the guest room, but a little slow in the lobby. The wine hour in the lobby was lovely, the employee serving wine was very personable and our fellow guests were charming. I also appreciated the free in-room snacks and nonalcoholic beverages. One of my pet peeves in mega-hotels is the interminable wait for elevators--no such problem here.

The design of the room is definitely modern, and while that's to my taste, I can see how someone with more traditional taste might not enjoy things like an eraser that says "oops!" on it, or the modern scoop design chairs. That said, I found those touches quite chic.

The only thing I'd note, and this is a very small thing, is that the lighting in the bathroom is a bit dim for applying makeup.

Reviewed 26 December 2010

Spent overnight on a "staycation" with my partner. Everything was terrific. Lots of effort goes into the little things that make you say "wow," which I almost never say about a hotel. Sunday brunch in the restaurant was included and terrific. They aim to please in all respects.

Reviewed 20 December 2010

Kudos's to Michael the electric engineer at Andaz. Prior to my stay I had call the hotel to ask if I would be able to connect my xbox system to the awesome tv's furnished in the rooms there. To my surprise I was connected to the engineer who was pleasant in answering my questions as I had just purchased the new Black ops game for my son who was traveling with me and in fear of his boredom wanted him to be able to enjoy his new game during our stay. Upon arrival my second visit I was greeted by a wonderful staff and once getting into my room I connected the xbox as Michael had suggested and it was a treat for my son to be able to play his game.
That afternoon I had received a phone call from Michael asking how I was enjoying my stay and to see if I had any problems with hooking up the system and if so would come to my room to install it and answer any questions. How wonderful to be remembered and my request days before my stay for a follow up.
Kudo's to engineering......

Happy Holidays

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 December 2010

My first time at the Andaz was amazing.. the restaurant was great everyone was friendly. My host Jay helped me out a lot. I was very satisfied with this stay and would recommend it. Although the financial district is not a prime location for tourists I like it better to be away from the noise.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed 11 December 2010

At first glance this hotel shows well, but I found a number of reasons that I wouldn't stay here again.
1) Loud street noise from the Water street side at all hours - if you stay here ask to face Pearl St.
2) Floors in the rooms are ICE cold. They look beautiful, but not practical.
3) Shower door doesn't seal properly, creates a flood in the bathroom (and yes I'm used to framless glass shower doors). And my showerhead was already spraying water in every direction - hasn't been cleaned or replaced since new.
4) Beds are ROCK hard. Only stay here if you like a very firm mattress.
5) Service is mediocre in my opinion. No help with bags and fairly slow.

There are some pluses. The TV was excellent, the bathroom's look was excellent, free minibar was a major plus. But I cannot understand why anyone would want to stay in this location - it's really just about the worst in Manhattan in my opinion.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 December 2010

My wife and I went to NYC for my birthday...generally we like to try different places so we did some tripadvisor research prior to our trip. While there are obviously many great hotels in the City, there aren't many great values - except the Andaz Wall Street. While many hotels were inflating their rates for the Holiday rush, Andaz was very reasonably priced. Having been there before, we knew what to expect: a sophisticated contemporary feel, lots of nice amenities, and an enthusiastic, attentive staff. You can't go wrong with the Andaz!

Reviewed 6 December 2010

We had never stayed in the FiDi before but now have a reason to, our daughter now lives there. We loved the Andaz and would definitely stay there again. The rooms were large and the bathroom was very cool (but dark, they need to work on the bathroom lighting). The free in room non-alcoholic mini bar, wine reception and breakfast were a really great plus. We got a great rate using AAA. Don't forget your Hyatt points. We also got a late check out at 2:00. Hi-tech and great service. The restaurant was a disappointment, but I highly recommend BLT Bar and Grill just a few blocks away!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple