“WOW! Best service and sweetest room” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Andaz Wall Street

Andaz Wall Street
Ranked #88 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Bethesda, Maryland
“WOW! Best service and sweetest room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2011

If you enjoy sleek, stunning modern decor and a staff that is eager to meet your needs---and you could care less about being near Times Square or other tourist venues, this is THE hotel for you in Manhattan. From the welcome lounge for check-in to the restaurant and rooms, the Andaz is a cut above other high-end properties of major chains. We came for a weekend getaway with a few brief events in the Lower East Side and in Midtown, and Wall Street served as a great launching point without the crowds and noise of the rest of Manhattan. I can't imagine staying anywhere else the next time New York City calls.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Fairfax VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2011

Very nice hotel - ultramodern rooms, quite spacious for NYC. Comfortable bed. Very large flat screen TV. Shower was very large with overhead spray (not a pipe from the wall), so it feels like you're standing in the rain. No bathtub. Plenty of light, and dimmers on nearly all of them, with handy controls by the bed.

Everything except alcohol in the mini-bar was free, which was unusual and pleasant, plus they had some free snacks in the lobby, and free wine from 6pm-8pm, and free internet service. All of which felt like there was much less nickel and diming than most high-end hotels.

The service in the lobby is kind of weird - staff wear suits with inconspicuous name badges, so sometimes it's hard to tell if it's a friendly guest or a hotel staffer, especially since they're very informal! Well, it is New York, so the odds of it being a friendly guest are pretty low I guess ;-). But when someone came over to me in the lobby and said "hey, how's it going" I wondered at first if this was a business associate I had forgotten, or a staff person offering to be helpful. (It was the latter.)

Definitely a great place to stay.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank JeremyInFairfax
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2011

From the moment we walked in we were treated like royalty. A young woman, Nina, greeted us warmly. She wanted us to sit down and relax while she checked us in. The first thing she said was, "Happy Anniversary!" Then she wanted to know if we wanted coffee, soda, etc. I love not standing in line at a check-in desk! She checked us in two minutes maximum, provided us with two keys, placed our bags on a cart, and escorted us up to our beautiful upgraded room. When we arrived at room 715, a corner suite, she was so excited. She proceeded to demonstrate all of the features of the room: all shut down blinds, a sitting room with two chairs and a sofa; a bathroom with a separate shower, toilet, and soaking tub; a bar with a sink, dishwasher, refrigerator, and coffee maker with coffee. All of the snacks and non-alcoholic beverages are complimentary. This is so different from the hotels where if you even touch the mini-bar, you are charged!
Our room also had a view of the East River, a fabulous, comfortable king-size bed, desk with outlets and internet connection, make-up mirror, iPod dock and clock combo. There were two LG TVs at least 42+ inches. When we walked in the TV’s said Welcome and mentioned our names.
Both of our children live in NYC, so this is the place for us. We love the financial district, and it has changed so much since our children first came as students at NYU. We love this area!
Also, we had the Sunday Brunch at the Andaz, and it was fabulous! My husband and I are not into the nightclub scene anymore; however, on Friday and Saturday nights this place is hopping!
This place is great for all; it’s our favorite hotel in NYC.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank janeecap
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2011

Booked the hotel through Priceline so I received an excellent rate. I had a tough time actually finding the hotel. Spent five minutes circling the building. Once I found the entrance I wad blown away with the initial service. Check-in was a breeze. I was surprised that the snacks and beverages were free. Room was beautiful, bathroom spacious and the bed was very comfortable. If you luck up and great an excellent rate, please take advance.

• Stayed May 2010
Croton on Hudson, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2011

I just returned from a one night "staycation" at this gorgeous hotel and I would never hesitate to return! From check-in to check-out, the service I received was top notch and never once did I want or need for anything.

Every request I made was cheerfully and genuinely received. Room Service arrived no more than 20 minutes after I called for it. Dinner in the restaurant included the best meal Ive had in years! (Rebecca my waitress was particularly outstanding). I had a glitch with my TV and they came to fix it in no time. Everyone in the lobby always asked how I was doing or if I needed anything. The entire time I was there I never once saw a frown and I never felt like I was intruding. Every where I would explore I was invited to sit down or was engaged in friendly conversation. Even when I wondered through the bar, which was clearly not open yet, they asked me how my stay was and offered me a glass of water. Is this New York City??

All in all this hotel is wonderful - a free minibar is unprecedented and free internet access, which I didnt use, I am sure is a relief. That, with a large clean modern room and warm hospitable staff made my night here a dream come true.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
Greenbelt, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2011

I travelled to NYC with my wife and 2 young boys and were caught in the blizzard. That was the not-so-good news. The good news is that we were 'stuck' at the Andaz. I think I had three cappuccinos and a bottle of wine per day, all of which were fabulous and complementary. The room was spectacular and ultra-modern, the staff was professional and accessible, the gym and spa are great, and the location, while on Wall Street, is off the beaten track for New York City. It's quiet enough that you will get a great night's sleep yet a block away from the subway that will take you to midtown in 15 minutes. If you check the prices of the Andaz versus your typical midtown hotel, the Andaz is typically much cheaper, and is as good a hotel as you'll find in the City. Highly, highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank greenbeltdan23
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2011

Great hotel in the Financial District. FIrst I wanted to get a clean hotel (i.e. no bed bugs). The reviews indicated that this was a clean hotel and this is in fact what I found when I arrived. I was worried that it would be a mistake to stay in the financial district, but I need not have worried. The hotel is right across from a 24 hour Duane Reid's (the Walgreens of NYC - sells toiletries and limited gorceries), and a couple short blocks from the nearest metro (the red line). More subway lines, inclduing the PATH are nearby too, but you just need to walk a few more blocks. At night the area around was quiet, but not in a bad way. I felt very safe coming back late at night. The hotel includes some nice extras - minibar with free non-alcoholic drinks and snacks (the mini bar can be used as a fridge), and wi-fi was included. They also provide slippers and robes.

The hotel and rooms are definitely of the modern variety. The sinks were fine, but they are more shallow, so there is potential to get water around, but it wasn't an issue for us. I found the lighting to be less than adequate in the bathroom, but then discoverd the two lights on the sides. I also noticed these dim over time, so I had to re-turn them on.

My one dislike was that there was no concierge per say. All staff are able to answer these types of questions. The thing is is that I asked a few different questions. They were able to answer one question, but aside from googling (which I could have easily done) they did not tell me much or answer my quesitons. Instead of saying they could look into it more, they just said 'sorry.' This wasn't a dealbreaker, but if you rely on the concierge it may be something to think about, or just research beforehand.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends