Got a great price at this Fairfield Inn. It's a good location close to The Empire State Building and Fifth Ave and there was a 24 hour deli/store across the street to buy food/provisions when needed. They reception went out of its way to recognize me as a Marriott Rewards member, which I appreciated. The layout/setup is very similar to other Fairfield properties in the city with a handful of rooms per floor. The king room was pretty small as was the bathroom. We had to hoist the suitcases up on the desk as there was no other place for them. That said, the bed was comfy, there was good water pressure, and the rooms were cleaned adequately. We had no view to speak of which was fine as it was quiet in the back location. The continental breakfast is a nice plus to get your day started. My only complaint was that only one of the two elevators were working the whole time we were there (3 nights). That would have been ok but it appeared as though the maintenance staff was keeping one "on reserve" for their use. I wouldn't have minded however there were long wait times for the elevator, often times having to wait for a full elevator to go by twice before getting on. I witnessed a maintenance guy using the other elevator to grab two towels from the basement and (on a second occasion) use said elevator to drop off toilet paper to a closet on our floor. It seemed an inconvenience to the guests when it was going unused on the basement level (I only know that as I had to wait down there for the working elevator when I went to get ice). Otherwise, we'd go back to this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travelers looking for Empire State Building hotels choose Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Manhattan//Fifth Avenue, a top hotel in NYC located moments from the iconic Empire State building and near excellent Fifth Avenue shopping. Our hotel in New York City offers an unbeatable location in Midtown, close to Central Park, Times Square, the Broadway Theater District, Grand Central Terminal, and more. We provide convenient and comfortable accommodations that are ideal for business or leisure travel. Stay with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Manhattan/Fifth Avenue and enjoy a preferred choice among Empire State Building hotels. Our accommodations offer free Wi-Fi, well-lit work desks, and plush bedding. Guests who stay with us also get a free daily breakfast, which offers just the fuel needed for a productive and enjoyable day in NYC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelsClick so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Fifth Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan / Fifth Avenue Hotel New York City
- Fairfield Inn And Suites New York Manhattan / Fifth Avenue