This hotel is a nightmare! There are about 16/17 stories and ONE elevator available (second elevator broke down and has not been repaired for days/weeks, which seemed not to bother anyone of the front desk staff and managers!!)
Service: Once in the room we had to wait more than 20 minutes for our luggage. I had to go down to the lobby again and ask for our luggage since the guy (other hotels call it bell man) taking care of it was too 'chatty' and talking way too much nonsense with other guests in the lobby!
Rooms: The rooms are tiny tiny!!! We had 3 suitcases and 2 carry on-trolley's and did not really know where to put all this luggage. There was just enough space for a bed and a desk. The chair at the desk you could hardly move....
Bathroom: OMG, fortunately we both were slim, otherwise we could hardly get in! No space to put anything.
Breakfast: Awful breakfast room! Way too small for this amount of guests!!! ...and dirty,
Summary: the hotel rooms, the elevator, the bell man and the breakfast room are an effrontery !!!
This was a real "NEVER WANT TO COME BACK" experience! ;-(
PS: Be aware if you booked through booking.com and expedia, olotels, ebookers etc etc. This hotel will not accept Marriott Reward Cards compared to other Marriott hotels, if booked through a booking agency!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travelers looking for Empire State Building hotels choose Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Manhattan//Fifth Avenue, a top hotel in NYC located moments from the iconic Empire State building and near excellent Fifth Avenue shopping. Our hotel in New York City offers an unbeatable location in Midtown, close to Central Park, Times Square, the Broadway Theater District, Grand Central Terminal, and more. We provide convenient and comfortable accommodations that are ideal for business or leisure travel. Stay with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Manhattan/Fifth Avenue and enjoy a preferred choice among Empire State Building hotels. Our accommodations offer free Wi-Fi, well-lit work desks, and plush bedding. Guests who stay with us also get a free daily breakfast, which offers just the fuel needed for a productive and enjoyable day in NYC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Fifth Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan / Fifth Avenue Hotel New York City
- Fairfield Inn And Suites New York Manhattan / Fifth Avenue