Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Fifth Avenue
Ranked #237 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I normally stay in the SpringHill Suites when I travel, but Fairfield had a great rate and I was just taking a quick weekend trip to NY. The room was great- clean, cozy, and not claustrophobicly small. The staff however was phenomenal. When I arrived Jose and Melissa were at front desk. They pointed mein the right direction for parking and didn't complain that I left my car in the spot directly in front of the hotel while I brought my bags in. We came in one night really late and Henry offered us bottled water because the complimentary water was empty. Daniel was super helpful in giving us tips to navigate the subway. I was pleasantly surprised at how friendly they were, given most people in NY aren't very personable. I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We booked two rooms here for 5 days in the City. They're clean, but SMALL with very little space for clothes and luggage. We've stayed at other Fairfield Inns; this one had rooms about 1/2 the size of others we've been in. lso, the heater would start and stop all night long even though we'd run the temperature down and turned it to OFF.
On the plus side, free internet (wireless and wired) was very good; the morning breakfast was good, and the staff were all very delightful. There are plenty of nearby pubs and restaurants, and subway is also close.
I'd probably pick the next-door Spring Hill Suites next time

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2013

There isn't much to say. This is another perfectly acceptable Fairfield Inn and Suites (God knows I've stayed in enough of them) that is comfortable, clean, and well run. Everything was as it should be with one exception. No gym. They have "rights" at a facility outside the hotel. Thanks but no thanks. I'm not going anywhere in the bitter cold (or scorching heat) to change, sweat and then change again and go outside again. That's a deal breaker for me. Because of that I had to take points away in "value."

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Steven K
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stayed here Christmas week and were pleased with our selection. We are Marriott Rewards members and used our points for our stay. NY hotels can be very pricey and we feel that the value received for our points was excellent. While the rooms are small, we did not spend much time there. The hotel is close to subways and lots of sights. We did have a view of the Empire State Building if we strained to look up at the building. There are several good restaurants nearby but we had made reservations at others. The hotel is within walking distance of shops, 5th Avenue, Bryant Park, etc.

The staff was very attentive - actually going out of their way to make sure we were enjoying our stay.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are quiet for NYC as this hotel is located on 37th Street between 6th and 5th Aven...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I traveled to NYC from 12/22/13-12/24/13 and stayed my last night at this location and have nothing but the best to say about this location and the service provided by the staff. Melissa and Jose, Daniel, Masiel, and Tracy were very friendly and genuine with their attention to detail and level of care and service. From my phoning the hotel prior to arrival to staying, and departing this hotel did a great job. It is a clean, and modern space. It is a it small, but I do not personally care about small stuff when all mentioned above happens. I recommend this hotel. Service is equal to if not better than comparable full-service Marriott hotels charging much more and having much more staff.

Great job!

Room Tip: Higher floors are very quite and showers are nice.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Carlos S
Reviewed 17 December 2013

My boyfriend and I have never stayed at a Fairfield by Marriott before. Since prices soared for the season for some reason this year we decided this was the place for us budget wise. We were a tad unhappy by the size of the room. We could barely walk by each other when walking around the bed. The bathroom was quite small as well, not much space to place toiletries. But I guess that's the price you pay for staying in NYC. We were hardly in our room anyways so that's the only reason I took one star off.

The bed was very comfortable and clean. The shower was nice with a very large and tall shower head. Barely heard any noise. We had the Empire State building view from our window..Ill download pictures!! The staff was very friendly. Coffee bar was well stocked with Starbucks coffee (my favorite)!

If you are coming for the Christmas season Macys is a 1 and a half block walk which is awesome!! And yes you will be close to time square and other main attractions like Bryan Park too!

Id say if your trip requires you to be away from your room most of the day, go for it! You wont be disappointed! Its a very nice place to unwind and sleep!! :)

Room Tip: Request higher floor....less noise and possible view of Empire State Building which is beautiful at...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NatzApllz
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We needed a good value hotel in New York and booked the Fairfield Inn 5th Avenue. Our expectations weren't high as city centre hotels are often poorly staffed and very average. To say our expectations were exceeded is an understatement! The hotel is situated between 5th and 6th avenue, 5 mins from Maceys and a view of the Empire State Building from our bedroom! The room was modern and immaculately clean, with a fantastic shower (how all hotels should be judged!) A buffet breakfast was included, and self service coffee was available at all times of the day. There was a business centre to print off our return boarding passes, free wifi and a comfy king size bed! The service was superb - whatever they are paying Daniel on the front desk it isn't enough. He couldn't do enough for us - recommending where to eat, helping us with our luggage, hailing cabs and ensuring we got the room we wanted. He is an exemplary employee and if you stay there you should ask for him by name! The other staff were also helpful which made our stay really enjoyable. We will stay here again if we visit New York and would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone wanting a good value hotel in the heart of the Big Apple with great service.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple