“Wonderful Experience”

Cocoa and Carols Holiday Cruise
US$111.55*
Holiday Brunch Cruise Aboard the Manhattan
More attraction details
Owner description: Dedicated to helping locals and visitors alike enjoy the unique wonders of New York City, Classic Harbor Line hopes for the privilege of escorting you on a relaxing, inspiring and breathtaking cruise through the waters we proudly call home. Our three classic yachts – the Schooner Adirondack and the Schooner America 2.0 (our sailboats), and the Luxury Yacht Manhattan (our motorized yacht) are reminiscent of the classic boats that cruised the NYC waters a hundred years ago.
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We took the Around Manhattan Brunch Cruise on a Sunday morning. The (motor) yacht was lovely, with plenty of space both inside and out. The captain and crew were very helpful and informative and I felt our every need was catered for. The food was lovely and there was loads of it (4 courses!) so don't have breakfast beforehand! Overall, a great experience and well worth the money.

1  Thank eriskay

Reviewed 24 March 2012

When we booked this sunset sail aboard the Schooners Adirondack, we weren't sure what to expect. However it proved to be one of the high points of our trip to New York. As other reviews have highlighted, this not a guided tour, but to be honest it is nice to just experience the sail, without the constant drone of a guide. It was perfect, on the Hudson under sail, watching the New York skyline slowly slip by, as the Statue of Liberty got closer and closer. The crew were perfect hosts, giving out blankets and drinks to their clients. On the return trip, we were privileged to experience a magical sunset, which when reflected off New York's skyscrapers was amazing. As darkness fell, we experienced the light show of the New York skyline. Well worth the money. A great experience.

3  Thank Stumps989
Reviewed 25 February 2012

On a warm summer's evening, just before sunset, a trip on the river to come closer to the sunset offers something very, very special. Extra magic switches on when the sun disappears and the lights of lower Manhattan begin to twinkle like low-hanging stars.

2  Thank DrMPA S
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We took the trip around the whole island and it was worth it. My teenage son's got a little bored after a while, but it was really cool.

1  Thank JenLovesToVacation
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Just as the title says I have mixed feelings about our cruise. We sailed with these guys on Saturday 10th December @ 8.30pm for the ‘Cocoa and Carols’ festive themed cruise. We found it a little difficult to locate the pier (Pier 62, Chelsea Piers) but arrived in plenty of time, at around 8pm as advised on our tickets. However, we seemed to be the first to arrive and were told to head off for a walk and come back at 8.25pm! I found this very frustrating as it was around 1°C and we were freezing and had nowhere to go to get warm – except walk around. If you do arrive early there really is little to see and do except for the sky rink.

Anyhow. We were boarded at 8.25pm and after a few short announcements we set sail. What disappointed me most of all and I did not know before I got onboard was that it was not a guided tour. When I heard this I was rather gutted - it is really just a jolly sail up and down the Hudson. However – we did quite enjoy it.

The Manhattan (the boat we were on) was very festively decorated. It was warm and there were plenty of drinks and cookies on offer, included in the cost. It was possible to move around freely to get better views of some of the landmarks and it was possible to go outside on to the deck. This was not an overcrowded tour which was nice. It was beautiful seeing the NYC skyline by night and also Liberty – who was looking beautiful. Please excuse the poor quality of my images.

We had carol singers onboard who did a lovely job and got everyone involved in the singing which was good fun. Our cruise lasted about 1.5 hours and there was a full bar onboard and 2 bathrooms.

When we got off we could not seem to find a taxi anywhere. I am not sure Pier 62 was the best place to find a taxi – so we ended up walking back to our hotel which took over an hour. I think it is possible to catch the subway @ 23rd but as this was our first night in Manhattan we hadn’t quite figured the subway at this stage!!

1  Thank TAmember13