“Mixed reviews”
Review of Dorit Baxter New York Day Spa - MOVED

Dorit Baxter New York Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Dorit Baxter's New York Day Spa was established with the vision of providing an environment where dynamic women and men could alleviate stress and achieve a sense of well-being. At Dorit Baxter's urban oasis, situated in the glamour of Midtown Manhattan, you can choose from a wide variety of original day spa treatments repeatedly acknowledged by the media. Our New York day spa is famous for creating a friendly atmosphere where you can kick off your shoes and float from one treatment room to another, feeling that top-notch therapists are massaging your muscles and the most knowledgeable facialists are taking care of your skin.Dorit Baxter opened her New York day spa in 1980. A skin care expert, Dorit has created a line of pampering facials, invigorating body treatments and an incredible array of fantastic massage offerings as well as day spa standards like manicures, pedicures and waxing. A special indulgence are treatments that employ the natural minerals and oils found in Israel’s most famous body of water, the Dead Sea. The popular Dead Sea Salt Mineral Body Scrub combines mineral-rich salt with aromatherapy oils, which are massaged into the body using long strokes to maximize exfoliation and enhance circulation. Those with epidermis issues like eczema and psoriasis will want to book a mud treatment, which uses healing mud excavated from the Dead Sea. You can also pick up the same jojoba moisturizers, soy serums, papaya toners, and cleansers used in the spa’s treatments for home use.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Stairs / lift
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Mixed reviews”
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I were there yesterday and my experience was both good and bad. We both had a message, facial and body scrub. Both the body scrub and facial were top notch. The massage however was sub pair. Not nearly enough pressure and not very relaxing. It felt like little babies were massaging me. I continued to ask them to dig a little deeper to no avail.

While waiting in the lobby,the receptionist was having a semi war of words with a customer. That was disappointing to witness.

The changing room was small but, clean.

If you are looking for something over the top and pricy, this is not the place. Although I spent quite a bit of money, it was very reasonably priced.

I would go there again, but I would ask for a different massage therapist.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank AlvinaG_13
Dorit B, Owner at Dorit Baxter New York Day Spa, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
I will be passing on to the aestheticians who gave the reviewer and her daughter their facials and body scrubs that those treatments were described as “top notch.” I will also be discussing with the massage therapist the problems expressed in the review. Alvina G recognizes that the spa is “very reasonably priced.” I would not be able to keep the prices exceptionally low for excellent treatments in midtown Manhattan were I to offer opulent amenities in a large space. I will be reminding the reception-staff that because our spa is small, it is especially incumbent upon us to maintain a tranquil atmosphere at all times. I thank the reviewer for her discerning and helpful feedback, and assure her that I am always receptive to talking with clients about their concerns.
Dorit Baxter

Shelton, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“This spa is VERY overrated.”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Visited the spa yesterday for the first time. I had a facial, massage and pedicure. I must say that the staff who performed the services were very good, but the facility itself is actually terrible. Its very old, small, cramped and dingy. It needs a major revamping. i would recommend it for the people who performed the service, but not for anything else.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank BDandi
Dorit B, Owner at Dorit Baxter New York Day Spa, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
We are pleased that the reviewer appreciated our spa's services because we are well-known in New York for excellent treatments at affordable prices in a warmly welcoming environment. In the decades since I launched at its present location one of the first day spas in the U.S., I have been able to keep our prices uniquely competitive without compromising the quality of our services and the affability of our atmosphere by retaining the traditional simplicity that our clients value. We are proud to offer spa-goers in midtown Manhattan a real choice. For those who do not want to have to decide betweenthe finest services and reasonable prices, we offer both.

Dorit Baxter
Great Neck, New York
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Super reeelaxing!”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I went in for a massage, manicure and pedicure. All were outstanding! M&P by Marieana, massage by Chin. Both are very professional , have been with Dorit (the owner) for many years and know what they are doing. Waiting area is very pleasant, over looking 57th street, tea was served which was very nice. Chin (a guy) is very accommodating. I came out super relaxed and made an appointment for next week for an hour and a half.
Great experience, I am going back....

Visited March 2014
Sparta, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“An Oasis for the mind body and soul”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

What a wonderful experience my husband Barry and I had two weeks ago at the renowned Dorit Baxter Day Spa located in the heart of NYC!! New Jersey can't even come close. My legs were tired just from over use and Rakiva the masseuse was a master with her hands as an art of relaxation and reflexology for over 90 minutes.

The stress was immediately lifted as I own my own media marketing company which can be very stressful. I was then led out of the room to my next treat a facial. Fabulous beyond description. Shirley made my skin look twenty years younger and people commented days later.
My husband Barry was treated to a salt rub and reflexology which melted his stress and tired muscles away. He too owns his own company which can be hectic at times. We will be booking monthly with Dorit Baxter as the staff is talented and accommodating but more importantly they are very reasonably priced for NYC and beyond. Go there for all your spa treatments. You are worth it!!! Already booked March!! Remember you can spend your money anywhere so make sure you choose wisely. Dorit Baxter is a doll she is the owner and makes herself available to clients.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Debra F
Beverly Hills, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Best Spa in NYC!”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

The moment you walk in, you can start relaxing and enjoying the amazing experience that Dorit Baxter and her team have designed specially for you.
Installations are super! The staff is very friendly and I wish all my friends would be here right now!
I definitely recommend this place any day at any time !!!!

Visited October 2013