“Friendly and convenient location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square South

Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square South
Ranked #236 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Portland, Maine
“Friendly and convenient location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I don't know that I've ever encountered a staff more friendly. Smiles on everyone, not one person we interacted with was the least bit negative. The location was minutes away from Times Square and all the action. We loved this hotel and would definitely stay there again next trip to NYC.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Elizabeth L, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square South, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Come back sooner!!! We loved having you here and we really appreciate your kind words!

Happy Holidays!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

The hotel was fabulous. Great location, safe area for walking to everywhere, helpful and friendly staff, breakfast great and tea/coffee available 24/7. Room small but adequate, tastefully decorated and clean. Would stay here again in a heart beat. Actually planning my next trip to City and staying here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Fantastic!! We thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs in the city. It is great to hear that you are coming back soon!!! We thank you for your loyalty!!

Happy holidays!!
new york city, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

Fun location with a terrific view. Hotel staff was very nice and friendly and very helpful with all the information we needed about the surrounding around. The only gripe that I have is the pillows and bedding in the hotel room was kinda stiff and hard. The location that we were in was also noisy due to it being in downtown manhattan. Overall a great stay!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your nice review. We really appreciate you choosing us during your trip! We hope to see you again sooner than later!

Happy holidays!
Lancaster, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location - easily accessible to virtually everything NYC. The room was small but clean and comfortable. The staff was AWESOME! They were super busy the two days we were there and the staff always took time to help us. Thank you for a great stay!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi there!

We thank you so much for your recent stay and kind words. Thank you for being so gracious and we hope to see you back soon!

Happy holidays!
Conn.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

I spent one night here and it was wonderful! The hotel room was spotless and looked like it was totally redone. The king size bed was comfortable. The room had a hairdryer, iron and ironing board and flat screen TV. The bathroom was clean and well stocked with towels. The room was very quiet. It is not a large room but you are there to sleep and relax, not dance! the breakfast was included in the price. It wasn't your typical breakfast it was a full hot or cold breakfast. They had eggs, waffles, fresh oatmeal, home fries, bagels, toast, variety of muffins and cereals. you probably would pay $20.00 for this somewhere else. Coffee, tea hot choc. The service was excellent. I am not sure why some reviews were neg. I am very fussy when I travel and where I stay and this place was excellent. I would recommend it to anyone and will stay there again when in the city.

Room Tip: the king size bed is perfect for one or two people.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank BobConn.
Elizabeth L, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square South, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Hello,

Thank you so much for you kind words and nice review. We would love to have you back sooner than later!!!! Thank you once again for taking the time out to review your stay. It was a pleasure having you here!

Hampton Team!
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

The lobby is tiny and very congested. Not helped by the fact that one of the elevators was out of service and the other one was being controlled manually. You think that the front desk would have mentioned that you needed to dial guest services and request an elevator when you wanted to leave your room. But they didnt, so after just checking in and going to our room, we waited some 20 minutes for an elevator to go back down. Luckily another guest told us we needed to request an elevator.

But lets put it in persective - one 'working' elevator that holds maybe 10 people max for a hotel with 30 floors and you can imagine the backlog in the lobby. This was New York marathon weekend and it was one partially working elevator from Friday to Monday.

The concierge I spoke to was very patronizing. When asking for directions for the subway, it means I dont know the details, otherwise I wouldnt be asking a concierge. I found strangers on the street that were more helpful.

Then the printer in the business center wasnt working. In order to print anything off you had the go to the front desk and get them to do it all for you.

At the price you would expect the basics to be working.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Elizabeth L, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square South, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Hello,
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the challenges faced during your stay. We understand the frustration you must have felt. We sincerely apolgogize and we thank your for giving us a chance.

All the best,

Team Hampton!
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have stayed at this location before since my east coast office is a few blocks away. The first time I stayed here I was surprised how small the shower was, I could not stand properly. Not that this solely their fault as I am 6'-5" and 270 lbs but really, another foot would afford me enough room while not impeding into the bathroom. I arrived for my second stay (was there a few weeks prior) on 10/29/13. I was given a room on the 12th floor. This hotel offers free breakfast but due to just two elevators, you have to wait in the mornings going up and down since there is approx. 25 floors. On 10/31/2013, I pressed the button to go down to go to my office. I waited a few minutes and noticed the down light went off. I pressed the button again and it would not come on. Another couple came out of their room with their bags and they said they had a problem earlier when they went down for breakfast. I continued to press the down button but it would not come on. I went back to my room and called the front desk. They said they were having a problem with the elevators and would send the elevator up to us. I left for the day and figured they would have it resolved by the time I returned from work. That night, I saw a "bear with us" sign on elevator that did not work earlier in the day. I went up to my room. I decided to go out to dinner and had the same problem as I did in the morning, button light went off and I had to call for service. The next day, 11/1/2013, I had to wait for the elevator and once again I called downstairs. The only elevator worked opened twice, both were full. I had to get to work so I walked down the 12 flights of stairs so I would not be late for an appointment. This time I went to speak with the manager and she said they were hoping to have it fixed nlt 11/2/2013. If you were in the lobby, the wait could be very long due to the amount of people waiting to go up. This was told to me and other guests daily. I would have gone to another hotel but believed the manager's word. What I don't understand is that the staff became more irritated every day I had to call down. I was never given any call or note in my room apologizing about the problem nor told of the timeline to resolve the problem. But they were able to put a letter (11/2/2013) on my bed telling me about the time change and a little poem.....really? I have stayed at Hilton properties over the past 7-8 years for business and personal travel and have never experienced this poor of a performance. In this day and age, especially in NYC I cant believe that you cannot fix an elevator in a day or two.....but 7? (it was still down when I checked out 11/5)I have spent almost $2000 to stay in this sub par facility and I wanted satisfaction. The employee running the elevator on the last day responded to another guest who said he was going to call his credit card company and charge back his stay. He suggested we look up their "Guarantee". I read through and contacted Hilton customer service and asked for my money back or a voucher for future stay. I received no confirmation nor did any one contact me after I submitted my request. Two days ago I received an envelope from Hilton that had a voucher for ONE stay....nothing else, no letter, no communication at all.
Their Guarantee:

100% Hampton Guarantee®

Friendly Service, clean rooms, comfortable surroundings, every time. If you’re not satisfied, we don’t expect you to pay. That’s our commitment & your guarantee. That’s 100% Hampton.

Our 100% Hampton Guarantee® is boldly etched on our front desk so that it is constantly visible to our employees and our guests. Our guarantee epitomizes the pride we take in our brand, our hotels, and our service to you, our guest. We'll do whatever it takes to make our guests feel welcome, relaxed, and completely comfortable.

I was not satisfied but still had to pay! Their Guarantee is bogus and almost fraudulent!

Room Tip: If you have to stay, ask for room at rear of building, noisy on street. stay on second floor just i...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
We sincerely apologize for the challenges faced during your stay. Thank you for your honest feedback and for giving us a chance.

All the best,