“Great Value and a Great Stay”

Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square South
Ranked #237 of 467 Hotels in New York City
NJ
“Great Value and a Great Stay”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We could not have asked for more. The room was immaculate and very comfortable. The breakfast was good with a variety of offerings. The staff was polite and efficient. We only stayed one night but the location was so good (within walking distance of Port Authority and near many restaurants) that we will book here later this Spring.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Elizabeth L, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square South, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Hello! Thank you so much for you kind words. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to seeing you in the Spring!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Columbus, United States
Reviewed 24 February 2014

First stay at the Hampton Inn in Manhattan. This was a very enjoyable stay as the staff was very accommodating and the location was convenient. The room was comfortable and clean and the breakfast was very enjoyable. The nice thing was that instead of having the same breakfast every day the facility varied the main course each day. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting NYC or the Times Square area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Elizabeth L, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square South, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Hi there! Thank you so much for you kind words! We are thrilled to hear that you had a great stay!! We'd love to be your home away from home from here on out!! Hurry back!!!

Thanks again!
Groton, MA
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I cannot say enough good things about the entire staff at this location. From check in to check out and everyone in between, we were greeted with smiles and help and guidance. The concierge was most helpful in finding restaurants and telling us what subways to take, etc. The front desk staff was always smiling and helpful, even when they were dealing with a dissatisfied customer. The security staff went out of their way to open a door for me when I was carrying breakfast back to my room. Our car was brought from valet in a timely manner with a smiling valet. The breakfast buffet attendants went out of their way to get condiments and offered us bottled water. The location of the hotel was perfect for our needs those days. I have never stayed at a Hampton, but was totally impressed by your customer service. I work in the hospitality industry and wonder how we could get our employees so inspired! Thank you for the great experience.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We loved having you here!! Thank you for your kind words and for choosing us during your visit to NYC. See you soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My family and I loved this place!! Friendly staff, clean facilities, delicious complimentary breakfast, excellent location, terrific rates!! You can't ask for more!! No parking (valet parking available, though), but who needs car anyways when everything is so close? One of the best things was the unexpected room upgrade! My daughter loved to be able to see the top of the Empire State Building from our window on the 21st floor. I recommend this hotel for anyone who wants a really nice hotel experience in Manhattan! We will be back, Hampton!!

Green Features: I love the fact that this hotel is environmentally-friendly, as this have to do with my philosophy of life!!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Hello there! Thank you so much for taking the time out to review your stay with us! We really appreciate your kind words. We hope you hurry back and stay with us once again!!

Thank you!
Nebraska
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I am blown away by this hotel. I stayed 3 nights in January. I cannot begin to express how impressed with this hotel. The hotel has the best staff I've ever experienced in Manhattan. I arrived early (around 11AM). The staff checked me in early with a smile on their face. After a long flight and getting thru Times Square, it was so nice to have a warm smile at check in. After Alexandria checked me in, she remembered me by name the entire time she was there. Very, very, very impressive! Nelson was working the front desk in the evenings. He also remembered me by name and made sure there was a leftover cookie for me (they are amazing!!). Nelson then gave me some great recommendations for dinner in the area. I had the pleasure of talking to SuEllen (spelling?) one of the evenings I was there. This lady takes the 100% satisfaction guarantee to heart. Her kindness definitely could be felt while interacting with her. Next, onto Monica. There is a bar next door (Tir na nOg). I went there and had a few more drinks than I probably should have. When I arrived at the hotel, Monica was so kind. She called me once I got to my room "to make sure I made it". We shared a few laughs and I got a great night sleep.

The rooms were spotless! Yes they are on the smaller side, but we are in the middle of Manhattan...what do you expect?! I was on the 28th floor and had some great water pressure, as well as hot water right away. I was impressed for being that far up.

Overall, this review is just the tip of the iceberg. I will do everything I can to stay here the next time I am in Manhattan. Thank you all for making my stay amazing!

Cordially,

T.J. Foster
Omaha, NE

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
You are such a gem!! Thank you so much for recognizing the staff and for the wonderful compliments. We love to make our guests happy and we are so glad that we succeeded!! Please come back soon!!! It was a pleasure having you here!

Cheers!
Putnam, Connecticut
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Great experience all around. The entire staff couldn't have been friendlier, delicious complementary breakfast each morning, varied content, coffee, tea, cocoa, hot cider all day long, cookies in the evening. Very handy location close to everything yet quiet during the night. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived and we were upgraded to a "view room" which made us the envy of our group. This after a wait of about 5 minutes. Our room was spotless, linens smelled like a spring day and although being on the 31st floor we never waited for an elevator. We will certainly use this great spot on our next trip to NYC.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Hello,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to NYC. We really appreciate your review and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Please come back and see us soon!
FLORIDA
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Alex, the Bellman went overboard making me feel like a true welcomed guest. The Front Desk personell were equally as helpful and cordial. I will definetly stay there again. Clean, simple rooms, better than average breakfast and a staff that's extremely attentive and friendly!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
GeneralManagerTS, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square South, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Hello and thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you choosing us for your stay in NYC. We hope you will visit us again for a future stay.