“Good stay”

Ranked #236 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Miami
“Good stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

It's a good place to stay in Manhattan. Rooms are very small as well as bathrooms. I didn't have a feeling rooms were super clean - carpet felt somewhat wet and dirty. Dust was everywhere too. Apparently the top of the furniture was never dusted. Looks like this hotel has no view. Even though elevators (2) are fast, it might takes time to get down during breakfast hours. We had to skip 3 full elevators and waited 20 minutes once... People who lived above 10th floor were mostly rude and comments like "everyone who stay below 10th floor should use stairs" was in the air during our entire stay (4 days). We lived above 10th floor, but I got annoyed by these comments.

Concierge had no coupons, so don't count on getting anything there.

The shower was super small, but clean with no mold. We had to problem with hot water. We had a towel with big hole in it. Not something I would expect from Hilton brand property.

Breakfast was great, but the area where they served it was always very cold (wear your jacket!) and busy.

The location is OK. It's not that far from the closest subway stop, but also not just few steps away. You have to pass some night male strip dance club and piles of garbage (smell was killing us) in order to get to the hotel.

We get this hotel as a package deal with airline tickets and I feel like we overpaid big time, so I am not happy with the quality of service we paid for (not Hampton's fault). Next time in NY we will find hotel closer to subway stop.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank FloridiansMiami
GeneralManagerTS, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square South, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback, we always appreciate feedback from our guests. Please come back to visit us soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Thank you for a great visit! My son and I enjoyed a quick trip to the city to celebrate his birthday and take in a Broadway show. From the moment we arrived, we were well-treated by the excellent staff. Chris, front desk at check-in, should be commended. He was friendly, knowledgeable and very helpful. The baggage check and parking garage guys were great too. The room was clean and we had a nice view of the Empire State building. We stored our luggage on check-out day in order to enjoy a little more time in the city. We were so pleased with the added care that Alex provided as we had a special centerpiece which he stored separately in the office so no harm would come to it :) We were always greeted with a smile. Location was great too! We highly recommend and would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Lisa C
Elizabeth L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square South, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Hi there!!

Thank you so much for name mentions! We are so pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us! It was an absolute pleasure having you here! Please hurry back!!

Thanks again!!
arima
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

This hotel was great value. Compared to the other acceptable hotels in NYC, the price was great. When my friend and I booked we were unsure of what to expect. But we were pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, modern and had everything we needed. It was a little cramped for two persons with luggage but that's to be expected in NYC. The free breakfast was just good enough, nothing special. The hotel was walking distance to most places we wanted to visit. Will definitely stay here again on my next visit to nyc. BTW we stayed here in February 2013.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
GeneralManagerTS, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square South, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review! Makes me so happy to hear that you guys enjoyed your stay with us! Please think of us again on your next trip to New York City, we look very forward to seeing you again!
Eastern Passage, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was my second trip to NY...First time I brought my oldest daughter when she graduated grade 12 and we stayed at the Rossevelt Hotel..this time I took my youngest for her graduation and we stayed at the Hampton Inn Times Square West 39th st. I can not say enough about what a wonderful stay we had...the staff were amazing...from the front desk...the cleaners...the breakfast staff...the handimen...each and every employee in that hotel was kind..friendly..courteous...helpful and made our visit special...the room was clean and spacious...the bed was so comfortable...the breakfast was delicious...I was expecting a continental breakfast...but they had bacon, eggs, sausage, waffles, french toast, fresh fruit, cereal, bagels, muffins...etc...which was all included...they also provide fresh baked cookies through out the day...I will so go back...and plan my trip accordingly...amazing experience at the Hampton...thank you to all the staff
Kim MacKay and MacKayla Jollimore Eastern Passage Nova Scotia Canada

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank kim m
Thank you so very much for the lovely review!! Reading this review truly made our day here! I am so very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and that my whole staff was so very helpful! Congratulations on your daughter's graduation and please come back to visit us soon!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for several nights in April 2014. I was looking for a hotel within walking distance of Penn Station and the Broadway theaters at a price that was affordable. This hotel worked out perfectly. The room was clean and neat and the staff very friendly. Jennifer was exceptionally helpful with allowing me a very late check out since my flight was not until evening.
I was even able to snag a room refrigerator. The breakfast was the usual fare for Hampton Inn and very crowded. No surprises there and the food was brought back to my room without difficulty. There are only 2 elevators and they can become crowded so allow extra time. The room cost wasn't cheap but decent for NYC prices. It was one of the cheaper hotels at that time for a Times Square location. As a solo traveler, I felt safe. I would highly recommend this hotel to NYC travelers.

Room Tip: If you are walking to the hotel from 8th Street the hotel is almost at 9th Street
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank travmama
Thank you for the kind review! The location of our hotel is definitely a big plus when planning a trip to New York! I'll definitely make sure to let Jennifer know how very helpful she was to you, please think of again for your next trip to NYC!
Alton, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Times Square South for four nights - June 23-27, 2014. As everyone else has said the rooms are "New York sized" so the fit can be a bit tight, but the rooms are clean and updated! The staff was exceptionally helpful, especially Christopher and Victor who went out of their way to help us out. If you want to stay under $250 per night in NYC it's a challenge to find something this conveniently located (just a couple blocks to TSQ) that also includes FREE breakfast and FREE Wi/Fi (which would cost you an additional $30-$50 per night in other hotels). And there is a Starbucks on the corner at the end of the street for those who MUST have their coffee there each morning.

I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for cleanliness, friendliness and location an affordable rate!!!

Room Tip: Higher floors have less city noise - very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank byington64
Thank you so much for the kind review! Makes me so happy to know my staff were so very helpful during your stay! I'll definitely let Christopher and Victor know about this review! They will be so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very much looking forward to your next trip to New York City!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel was clean and the staff were very helpful. Rooms are small but this is to be expected in NY. Rooms are a bit pricey, but location is nice for the tourist crowd. Breakfast being included probably makes up for the price if you are a family of 3 or more.

Stayed June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you found my staff very helpful during your stay and yes, our complementary breakfast is a great deal! I'm so happy you and family took advance of this wonderful service. I truly hope you and your lovely family will be back to visit us soon!