“Repeat customer” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Miami Beach, Florida
“Repeat customer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2011

Another fantastic stay at the Distrikt! So nice to see friendly familiar faces - from arrival to departure. Same as always - clean, modern, comfortable in a great location with amazing staff. My only choice for lodging in NYC.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,023)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

A nice hotel; very clean, modern and comfortable rooms and bathrooms, nice furniture. The bed was very comfortable. The shower did not function properly. The hotel is not located in a very nice street, but the location is very convenient - walking distance to Times Square, Empire State Building, Fifth Avenue. Friendly staff, but we were provided with an inacurrate information rg. the travel time to the airport (it can take a long time in the afternoons!).

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

I stayed at the Distrikt hotel during a convention. The hotel is in a great location (walking distance from Time Square, Macy's, Fifth Street). The rooms are not big sizes however the quality of the furniture, style, decoration, friendliness + helpful staffs put this hotel on the top of my list. I am used to stay at well-known hotel chains and this one is well beyond expectation. Don't judge by the small entrance from the street; you will be amazed by the Distrikt hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

To make it short, Distrikt is an excellent hotel, featuring decent size, contemporary design rooms with an amazing bed, huge flat screen, high quality bathroom equipment, with enough stuff for 2, absolutely quiet air con and no street noise (at least from 20th floor !). I was provided excellent pieces of chocolate cake at arrival, small chocolates every day to go with the free coffee / tea, the small pumpkin pie as a bonus, meteo info card, NY Times every day, good and free Wi-Fi access (perfect for smartphones esp when coming from abroad!) and a few free mac computers downstairs at the reception in case.
Staff was available day and night and extremely nice and helpful (asked for a place to get nice pastries on Sunday at 8PM and other sorts of weird questions or directions...).
Given the extremely convenient location and fantastic experience, I definitely think I will come back and stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
iceland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

We just got home from NY and thanks for my fellow trip advisors, I found this gem of a hotel. We loved everything about it from start to finish. Our room was bigger then I thought it would be, we have stayed in more expensive hotels in the city that were smaller. Rooms are styled very clean and modern. Had a coffee maker, iron, hairdryer and very nice toilettries. Shower was great, full pressure and great quality towels. The bed was very very comfortable, fluffy pillows and we got a great nights sleep. Did not have much of a view on the 12th floor but as others have said, it is better on the upper floors. Loads of little touches as well, candy on the pillow, pie on Thanksgiving, free wii fii ( ALL hotels should have that) and welcome notes. The only thing I wish would have been different in the room is the mini bar, it is one of those that you cant take anything out of without paying for it with no room for anything of your own but I think this is standard practice in NY.
But the best thing was the staff. I have noticed in the reviews how many people have commented on this but they are right. The hotel is very very fortunate in having the people they do, I would hold on to them for as long as possible since they make all the difference. I would honestly welcome each and every one of them to my home and have them as friends. I spent more time with them then they had probably liked since I am a smoker and had to go outside to do so since this is a non smoking hotel but it sure made my entire trip to get to know them and cant thank them enough for the company. You can be sure you will feel welcome and well adviced when you are in this hotel.

I was a little worried about the location from what others have said and yes, the hotel is not on the nicest street around there but I never felt unsafe at all, it is a short walk down half a block we are talking about and there seem to be plenty of police officers around. I had 2 children with me and did not worry even when we got in late. Just use the same common sense as in any other area in the city, there are always a few people around you really dont want to bump into.

I highly recommend this hotel for everyone, go and enjoy and I cant wait to get back myself. It will be my hotel while in the city for the future.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank lisa026
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

Just returned from 5 night stay and can only compliment everything at this hotel. We didn't use the bar/ restaurant as we chose to see the city. Room was decent size, very clean and nice touches added daily such as turn down and pumpkin pie left in room as gift on thanksgiving day. Would highly recommend this hotel to all you will not be disappointed. Only 2 minutes walk to Times Square.

• Stayed November 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KCDistrikt, Guest Relations Manager at Distrikt Hotel, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
We are so grateful you wrote this review and that you enjoyed your stay with us over the Thanksgiving holiday! Our location in Midtown near Times Square certainly makes seeing many of New York City’s historic sites effortless. We are also glad to hear that we were able to provide you a comfortable ‘home away from home’ during your Big Apple vacation.

Please do not hesitate to contact us when you are ready to return and we can help with your next reservation. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
Poole, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

We arrived for a 3 night stay having seen the excellent reviews on Tripadvisor and being fortunate enough to find a very good rate via another website...
Arrival was great with a wonderful service at the front desk. We were led to our room which was on one of the upper floors with far-reaching views towards the Hudson River, very nice and quiet, just as was described by other reviewers.
We didn't use many of the facilities, only the bar on one day when we were waiting for our room to be serviced (entirely our fault, long story!). I had a couple of drinks and the wife just the one...will become clear as to relevance later!
The sevice was excellent throughout and cleanliness and facilities second to none. I was looking forward to supporting the 5* reviews with another on our return to the UK, until we came to check out...
It became apparent that the bartender had duplicated our bar bill. We brought this up with reception staff who were in my opinion suspicious of our query (trying to reduce the bill) but did check the receipts and agreed that it had been a mistake on their part.
All good until we returned to the UK the following week...
I received an email from the hotel stating that after 'reviewing' the amount 'disputed' at check out, they had discovered two signed receipts (which were duplicates) and as such they would now be debiting my card with the amount, regardless!!
I again had to justify our position via email (very annoying and time consuming) and the hotel did eventually refund the duplicate amount together with the original bar bill for our drinks due to the 'frustration' that this had caused us...
I have delayed making this review to allow me time to calm down and think about the experience at the hotel as a whole.
My rationale for 3 stars is as follows- 5* for sevice and facilities, including cleanliness and modern rooms, 4* as had to order second towel from reception and 1* for the fact that despite them stating otherwise, in my opinion they accused my wife and i of trying to avoid paying for our drinks (totally unacceptable!!).
Hopefully a one-off experience for us....we will maybe/probably go back...

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor!