Location, location, location! Very simply, the experience was great and staff were friendly. We would definitely go back and stay at the same place. This is super convenient to metro and Times Square.
Now for those who want more detail I will give a little more:
1) getting to the hotel - we flew into LGA simply because it was the cheapest route. I think JFK and Newark would work, but for this I will only speak about LGA. No need to plan ahead, just get your bags and go to the ground transportation booth at baggage claim and ask to take a shares shuttle to the hotel. Cost is $15 a person and no worries. They take you right to your hotel. Keep in kind it is a shared shuttle, so you might have to make a few stops first. We didn't care as it allowed us to see more of the city. If you don't feel like waiting, take a cab for $45. If you are really brave, take the bus to 74th street and take the purple 7 metro straight to 42nd street
2) getting around - bought the 7 day metro pass for $30 and it was more than worth it. Went all around the city any time with no restriction
3) getting to the airport - again, traveling to LGA, we used our metro pass and took the purple 7 from 42nd street all the way to 74th. From there, we took the Q70 bus to LGA. There are a few things I should say about this:
A) hotel staff said to take Q33 bus to LGA. This was wrong as the bus drivers told us the Q70 was correct. So I am not sure if bus schedules changed or it was always Q70. In any case, I would confirm this with the MTA website and not rely solely on the hotel staff
B) bus driver did not call out which terminals he was stopping at (like we were supposed to know) so we misses our terminal stop. To prevent going all the way back to the bus station, we got off and took the route "B" bus that just loops around LGA 100% of the time. This was free but only runs every 15 min.
C) my personal reflection is to just take a cab next time
Thanks Jutaia and Kevin for your help. Our stay was great!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A one of a kind, upscale boutique hotel, located in the heart of Midtown Manhattan, at the edge of Times Square on 40th Street between 8th and 9th Avenues. The Distrikt Hotel towers 32 stories tall with unobstructed views of the Midtown Manhattan, the Hudson River and the Theater District; Offering a unique experience with the concept of staying in one of ten neighborhoods of Manhattan within the hotel. The sleek lobby space features a 14 ft. Green living wall representing Central Park and the check-in area welcomes guests to a hand carved wall of wood, detailing the streets of Manhattan. Airport grade 6/8 inch windows keep the sounds of a bustling city where they belong. With dedication to detail and impeccable service, cutting edge technology, comfortable yet luxurious guest rooms and 4-star amenities. Each of the 155 guest rooms are designed for the comfort and needs of the guest to include decadent Turkish bed and bath linen, 43" LG flatscreen televisions, work desk with ergonomic chair, LATHER aromatherapy bath amenities, and an in-room coffee and tea station. Additional complimentary amenities include: Free Wifi, Free Gym Access, Free Lobby Refreshments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Splitty, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Distrikt Hotel New York City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.