“Lovely place ”

Distrikt Hotel New York City
Ranked #62 of 471 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Myself and girlfriend stayed here for 10 days over Xmas and new year and we had a fantastic trip. Hotel was conveniently located next to port authority bus station and is so close to all the main attractions of mid town manhattan. Subway is very close to get further afield. The hotel is staffed by extremely helpful receptionists and such like who where knowledgable and insightful with there hints and tips. On the whole the hotel was very clean and was pretty quiet, u can hear the odd siren and stuff but bearing in kind the location that's bound to happen. My only gripe was paying $32 in the hotel bar for 2 gin and tonics, even for time sq that's bloody expensive and won't b paying that again!! All in all decent price, terrific placement and top hotel!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rabanderson07
gmdistrikt, General Manager at Distrikt Hotel New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Distrikt on TripAdvisor. We are happy to have shared the holidays with you both and are very pleased that the team made an impact on your stay. We'll review our bar pricing, but the next round is on us!

Write a ReviewReviews (5,600)

Reviewed 12 January 2014

This hotel is just amazing!!! Extremely clean which is rare for NYC, very quiet and well positioned for Times Square, subway and train access!! I absolutely loved it for the second time and will be returning!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Diiva

We love welcoming back guests, and could not ask for a better review than one that promises a return. Thank you!

Reviewed 9 January 2014

We chose this hotel because it had a great Tripadvisor review/rating. We wanted a comfortable and friendly hotel in mid town Manhattan and we were not disappointed in any way. Staying between December 30 and January 4th we were very pleased with the location, the rooms were very well appointed and it would not have been possible for the staff, all of them, to have been more helpful. Nothing was too much trouble, tips on what to see, help with taxis and directions and really good restaurant recommendations. Very well maintained, this is not a hotel for you if you want all the extras like, gyms, sauna, restaurants and a choice bars. It's central New York, we were out all day everyday, so for us it was a great location, friendLy service, comfortable and clean rooms and access to all of the excitement that is New York City at New Years.

Room Tip: I think they are pretty much all the same, just some rooms at higher floors.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Derek G

We are exceptionally happy when we can exceed the expectations of TripAdvisor reviewers. We are very glad that we were chosen for your New Years celebration and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are especially grateful for your endorsement, and will let our team know they helped make a difference in your stay!

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Had a fab stay at this hotel Jan 2014. It is in a great location and the staff were very friendly and knowledgable, always willing to help. Rooms modern, clean & tidy. Free wifi throughout hotel, free PCs in the foyer and a bar to relax if required. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

We are very proud to have earned your endorsement and recommendation. Thank you for choosing Distrikt and we do hope your next trip will come about soon!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I booked this hotel because of it's location and amazing Tripadvisor reviews. The staff is really nice and friendly. The room was smaller than I thought but I didn't let it get to me as I was in NYC and it wasn't about that…also it was super clean which is what matters most. I received a personal letter upon entering the room along with a brownie (THANK YOU for making that nut-free!) which was great as I was starving after our trip. We had 3 days of "Christmas in New York" adventures and Distrikt hotel was a welcome refuge. The guy who helps hail cars (can't remember his name) was SUPER friendly and we really liked him! Also, when asked where to go for brunch we were advised to hit the Westway Diner and was VERY PLEASED! Again, can't remember that guys name. :(. The infused water and the hot apple cider were all nice touches that I appreciated and that I'm sure most do as well. The free wi-fi was very welcome and the computers in the lobby for guests turned out to be very helpful. When looking over my credit card statement online and noticing a discrepancy the guy at front desk did everything he could to address the issue (even though I'm pretty sure it wasn't Distrikts fault)…even calling the company I booked the hotel through to work through it. Again, much appreciated!
I agree with everyone that the location of the hotel is super convenient being across from Port Authority and close to Times Square, but the road it is on is shady…but didn't feel dangerous.
Oh, and take the shuttle bus from LGA for $13 (it leaves every half hour) instead of cab…much cheaper :).
I don't know if I would stay at Distrikt again only because I like to try different hotels but Distrikt will always hold a special play in our heart as being a part of our Christmas in New York adventure! :-DBut who knows. It worked so I just might break my own rule ;)
I would definitely recommend Distrikt to a friend. It's the friendliness of the staff and the little touches that make it stand out among the crowd.

Room Tip: If you care about a view ask for a room higher up…we didn't have a view but it wasn't our fi...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BrownLibra

Thank you very much for choosing Distrikt for your holiday travels and for your review on TripAdvisor. We are very happy our team and amenities helped make your stay a great one, and do hope you will break that pesky rule...let us know if we can help convince you!!!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here during our honeymoon holiday. By the time we got out of the airport and got on and off the shuttle it was after midnight. The lady at the concierge was very helpful and polite. So were the door men. We stayed on the Chelsea section of the hotel and we were on the 11th level. The room itself was quite small but very clean and modern. The bathroom was big enough considering the size of the room. There were 2 complementary bath robes on hand too use which I've never had before. The only downside for me was that there wasn't any room in the fridge as it was only for vending purposes. Other than that the room was in a good location being a 5-7min walk to Times Square. It had a subway train station nearby, Starbucks nearby, Subway (sandwiches) around the corner and a pizza shop on the corner and it also had a Duane Reade on the other corner. All in all, a Very good hotel in a prime location if you want to be close too Times Square.

Room Tip: Try and get a room as high as possible to eliminate the noise on the streets
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Libs77

Thank you for entrusting Distrikt for your honeymoon home! We are thrilled we were able to help make your stay a memorable one, and thank you for all of the positive comments. We understand that our guests may want to keep some items cold during their stay, next time we will be sure to offer one of our minifridges for you to use during your stay! Thank you again for your review!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

My partner and I stayed here for 4 nights in late November. We arrived a bit early for check in but we were able to leave our suitcases in a secure holding room whilst they prepared our room and we could have a look around the city. The hotel is about a 5 minute walk from Times Square and the subway.

The room was quite basic but to be honest we didnt sprend much time in there as we were only there for a few days. We were on the 4th floor so had a view of a brick wall but you would have to be up really high to get any kind of view. When we first went in the room there was a personalised welcome note and some chocolates. Each day a maid came to our room with a weather report for the next day and more chocolates. On Thanksgiving we came back to our room to find some holiday themed cookies. Free wifi and hot cider in lobby was a great touch.

The only downside was the restaurant. There seemed to only be one waiter and whilst he did a good job serving everyone, it took 45 minutes for my order of toast and bacon to reach me.

Overall great hotel, great staff, great location. If i ever go back to New York I would definitly stay there again.

Room Tip: I would maybe pay extra for a higher room to get a bit of a view
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple