“Magical”

Distrikt Hotel New York City
Ranked #67 of 470 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Andy Wing , Callum Murden and myself Joanne Murden stayed at The Distrikt in December 2013 ..On behalf of us all I want to thank the Distrikt team for making our stay all the more wonderful . We could not fault the hotel and its staff .So welcoming and warm , and made us feel like regulars . The special cake in the room for my son Callums 18th was so thoughtful ..sometimes it is the little things that make you smile . Thankyou one and all and I hope we can return to New York one day and we will stay at The Distrikt without a doubt . Keep up your hard work guys ..you have a fabulous team you should all be very proud off . Regards and best of wishes to you all .Jo , Andy &Callum .

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank joandycal
Write a ReviewReviews (5,499)

Reviewed 3 February 2014

The Distrikt Hotel is a fantastic hotel...from staff service to accommodations, it is top notch. Front desk staff was very helpful, especially the evening staff. I had great experiences with every staff member I interacted with. Martha, the bartender, was absolutely amazing and really made my stay as great as it was. As I do not travel into NYC much for business, I was unaware of the hot spots for food and how to get from the hotel to the locations I needed to go. Martha went above and beyond the call of duty to assist me and help make my visit a great one. She really deserves recognition by name for her shining personality and top notch customer service while I was at the hotel...thank you Martha! She epitomizes customer service and genuine friendliness, and if that's the attitude that is reflected at this hotel, then this will be my hotel of choice everytime I'm in NYC. The hotel accommodations were great and the hotel is in a prime location. Being there during Super Bowl week, it sure was an exciting time around NYC. Thank you all for a wonderful stay at the Distrikt Hotel.

Room Tip: When booking a room, choose a room type with a city view
1  Thank D_S61281
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I'm a 22 year old female who stayed for a week in mid-January. Whenever I return to NY, this hotel will be my number one choice. (I actually work the front desk at a hotel and would love to work at a property like this!) It was everything I like in a hotel - simple, great location, modern, and very sophisticated giving it a fancy feel. I loved the refreshments in the lobby every evening and the little chocolates and weather update card the housekeeping staff left every night. I'm a very low maintenance hotel guest so I didn't discover all the amenities they offer, but my stay went perfectly and I couldn't ask for anything better. The only thing they are missing is an on-site hotel gym, but they give you a pass to a private gym a block away. I can't wait to return! Great job, guys!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Emily C
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

We were in NY for just 3 days, so we needed a good, clean and near room. We found it at the Distrikt Hotel!
Good personnel, little but clean room, great wellcome!
We will sure choose again this hotel if we'll tourn back to The City!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cc r
Reviewed 31 January 2014

This is not a very fancy hotel but is a gem!! The rooms are a clean , good size.It is conveniently located close to the bus authority, times square and other metro stations.The staff is great and helpful.

1  Thank Hussain M
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

I would like to start this review by saying that this was my first trip to NYC. I found this hotel on Trip Advisor and what a find it was. The desk staff was awesome and welcomed me to the city with a room upgrade. Room was clean and very comfortable, location was great. I will repeat.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Soflaguy63
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I've stayed at a few similar hotels in the same area (between Times Square and the Garment District) and this one is definitively the best I've found (for similar rates/level of service).
The rooms are clean and the furnishing very recent. Nice design both in the rooms and in the public areas (to include the restaurant).
Breakfast at reasonable price and good service. Front desk staff very kind and helpful. Definitively in my short list if I were to visit NY again!

Room Tip: I've stayed at the 27th floor. I strongly suggest staying at 20th or above (much more quiet).
3  Thank Ganahal_AG