“Great weekend getaway.”

Distrikt Hotel New York City
Ranked #65 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I recently stay at the Distrikt for two nights. Perfect location if you want to be close to many of the Cites main attractions. Everything I needed was In walking distance and never had to used a cab (55 degrees). The room was on the small side but clean the staff was very helpful. I would recommend the Distrikt to Famiy and Freinds.

2  Thank Joe F

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We have just stayed at this fantastic hotel it is a real gem I would recommend it to anyone , the room was spotless the bed very comfortable and the staff were just brilliant . All the great reviews on this hotel are for a reason it is great value and in a really good central location.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gary s
Reviewed 25 February 2014

LOVE everything about this hotel! Booked this as a surprise for my partner's birthday, total gamble as never been to New York before (UK-Based) just went off the reviews on here. The staff are incredible, so welcoming, helpful, the little touches just excelled them... They'd remembered from booking to wish my partner a Happy Birthday, received treats in our room. The bed was THE comfiest bed, so comfy we actually emailed the hotel after to find out what the mattress was! The location is perfect, completely central to Times Square yet not so much so that you are disturbed by the noise. Room Service was perfect and it's not even one of the most expensive hotels in New York by far. This is a hidden gem, if you want service thats a bit more personal, this is the hotel! Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing but try and ask for an upgrade, if they have space they'll do their best.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vix_146
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Distrikt in February for two nights and were very happy. Our room was impeccably clean, quiet (we were on 30th floor) and nicely furnished, the bed was very comfortable and we had a nice modern bathroom. During the day the guest team on reception were very welcoming and nothing was any trouble. In a city where many of the hotels aren't great value for money, the team here have created a notable exception. It's also really well situated and the fact that the rear of Port Authority bus terminal is opposite only adds to this as it offers immediate and covered access to the subway network. The only area that could be improved is the breakfast which compares less favourably to the great diner nearby that the staff were happy to recommend without reservation. The hotel itself is also small so don't expect palatial public areas. Distrikt Hotel delivered all that we wanted. Thanks to all for a very nice stay.

1  Thank Timjco
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were looking for a place to stay for the weekend. So many hotels in NYC are insanely expensive. I was a little nervous about this hotel based on some reviewers mention of location but I thought it was perfect. It's new so it's in good condition. Rooms were kept clean and the service was good. I preferred the location over being directly in Times Square (we never even went to Times Square). I would definitely stay here again and it will likely be my hotel of choice from now on when visiting.

2  Thank pushamarc
Reviewed 22 February 2014

LOVE this hotel! LOVE it! The staff was fabulously friendly and helpful, the rooms were small but exquisitely decorated (much like those cool little hotels in Amsterdam), and the location in midtown is perfect. I was concerned at first when I saw online that the hotel was next to Port Authority - but it turned out to be a total non-issue. Also, I have back issues that can easily flare up when I sleep in a substandard bed. I stay in many hotels because of my business travel and have experienced a few great beds and many marginal ones. THIS bed was perfect. And the sheets were a high thread count so they were soft and luxurious. I will return to this hotel every time I'm heading to the city for business or to see friends and shows!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Linda L
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My girlfriend and I just celebrated a late Valentine's Day in NYC. We spent the night at The Distrikt Hotel and we were very impressed.

We arrived early and our room wasn't ready yet - but were were. The front desk was kind enough to hold our belongings while we roamed the city all day. Hugo who greeted us at the front door was tremendously friendly. Really nice guy!

Once we got to our room (around 6:30 PM - we had a lot of adventures planned!) we were very pleased. The King Size room is very spacious for NYC standards and well appointed. The bathroom was great, large shower, good counter space. View was spectacular. And everything was CLEAN! The gentleman that helped us with our bags was very friendly and brought us a bucket of ice upon request.

The only negative is parking. I'll probably use this hotel for nights that I do not drive in to the city. Because of the bus terminal and the proximity to Times Square the traffic is rough. Although Central Parking is a block away it took me a good 20 minutes to get there. A few extra $$ to the attendant assured that my car was well taken care of.

We will be booking at the Distrikt again!

Room Tip: Book the King Size room on a HIGH floor! We didn't hear anything and the views were great!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple