“Loved our stay!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles, California
“Loved our stay!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I can't believe I failed to post a review of Distrikt when our experience was so wonderful! We stayed in August 2013 and booked Distrikt based on location, pricing and reviews. All met our expectations to the tee. We wanted to be near theatre district as we were in NYC to catch as many Broadway shows as possible and yet be accessible to good restaurants and the subways.
We were met by an extremely helpful and friendly reception staff, who tried to accommodate us as much as possible. The room was very comfortable with nice linen and cleanliness was apparent in
all appearances. I did have minor complaints: I had texted ahead to inform the hotel that we were celebrating my husband's birthday, but no acknowledgement of his birthday was made, except for after the fact when I made note of it to reception. There was also an issue of noisy air-conditioning that seemed to run all the time. We had difficulty controlling temperature. The hotel restaurant at the time of our visit was not set up for full service, so breakfast was fairly simple. Yet, in spite of what I may call a complaint, I find this hotel to be top notch and would gladly return on another visit.

Green Features: Approve of eco conscious reminders... another factor in choosing hotels!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sukiyuki

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,028)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Lund, Skåne Län, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Wonderful hotel with perfect location (though it is located on a rather rough street, I admit, but remember that two other hotels are neighbours to the hotel so you will never feel unsafe). We had a Superior King room and the room was spacious, the bathroom was really nice, coffee machine was great, beed was comfortable and there was no disturbance (15th floor). It was just a few minutes walk to Port Authority where we took the bus transfer to Newark. Close to TS, Macy's, MSG and Broadway and transportation of any kind. We only had breakfast at the hotel one morning and it was great, one happy hour as well and no complaints at all about that. The best thing about the hotel was the friendly staff; Young helpful staff who recommended great restaurants (don't miss Club A Steakhouse) and helped us in any way they could. That is a great concept! Always a "hello" and a smile. We will definitely stay at Distrikt Hotel again.

2 Thank Karin J
Formigine, Italia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Thanks to the kindness, availability, the position and the cleaness, the holel contributed to make our holidays absolutly Amazing! For Any problems people were halpfull , and when we ll go back to the city, distrikt will be our choise!

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

We recently stayed here for 7 nights at a very reasonable price for NYC.

Positives - Free WIFI, nice and modern/clean, central location near multiple subway lines allowing you to get everywhere without getting a taxi, very friendly and helpful reception staff, affiliation with local gym around the corner and they also have a very organised process for looking after luggage.

Negatives - Overpriced bar, even in 'happy hour', poorly made beds, poorly located plug sockets for charging personal devices and walking past the parole office queue on the same street.

Room Tip: The higher the better, I'd recommend 15th floor and up.
1 Thank D- M
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

I rarely write reviews on here but I felt the need to do so for this one. I chose this hotel because of other people's reviews on here and I was not the least bit disappointed.

The room was a good size for NYC and didn't feel cramped at all with 2 people and 2 suit cases. Also, the hotel seemed new but not sure if it is or not. Either way, there were no signs of wear and tear. WiFi worked great and no issues with noise or anything.

Ignore what others say about the street it's on or the complaints about the location. There was never a time I felt unsafe and that's coming from someone that grew up in the south. The subway entrance is on the same street which is extremely convenient from having to push through Times Sq to get to the subway. There were trash piles on the street but that's how NYC operates. Nothing to do with the hotel. They also have cabs (town cars) lined up out front so it was never a problem getting a ride.

The service was great from beginning to end and they even threw in a chocolate cake for my girlfriends birthday (thanks!). The happy hour specials and free snacks/hors d'oeuvres were a nice touch in the evening. Also, I was disappointed I didn't see the free hot chocolate in the lobby until the last night. :-\

The only thing I didn't love about the hotel was that the bathroom was so cold. If you wake up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, the bathroom would be about 15 degrees colder than the room temperature. Although this is probably an HVAC issue that can't be easily fixed (and I'm sure it isn't a problem in the warmer months), I would suggest management provide slippers in the rooms so at least your feet won't be on the cold floor. I would have gladly paid $3 more a night to cover this cost. Plus it would be a nice "luxury" touch for the hotel overall.

Again, this was an excellent stay with an unbeatable price to match, and this would be the first hotel I check out when I come back in the summer.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the happy hour specials and free snacks in the evenings...and the hot chocolate!
2 Thank Willie P
Charlottesville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Distrikt was a perfect find: a small, modern hotel, conveniently located, quiet, with moderate prices. A friendly staff working in a well-designed lobby greeted me as I noticed several couples from other countries checking in or getting help with their luggage. Shiny new Apple iMacs, for use of guests, caught my eye.
The well-appointed room became the refuge I needed to open my laptop and finish an important business report. Surprisingly...I was away from the typical street noise of NYC.
Staying at the Distrikt was a warm and restful experience. My next trip will find me there.

Room Tip: High elevation is good. The hotel is narrow, so there are only 5--6 rooms on a floor.
Green Features: Small and efficient. There were guidelines about towels, water, etc. Lighting was well-designed for function as well as efficiency.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Bolton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Distrikt provides all the essentials you need, done to a high standard in a location that makes getting around NYC and getting to see everything really easy. All the staff, from the front desk, to the bar/restaurant, to the cleaners, everyone was always polite, friendly, well presented and happy to help with any enquiry you have. The food in the restaurant is done to a high standard and the free nibbles available during the 1700-1900 happy hour in the bar were good, although the drinks are a bit pricey (1 330 bottle of heniken and a large glass of white wine coming in at $23 - nearby bars offering the same for around $15).
I booked a superior king sized room and read that they didn't offer any views, however, I found that we were at the rear of the hotel and actually had a view of the Empire State building!
The rooms are clean and tidy and the cleaners do a good job keeping them tidy during your stay. The space of the room was perfect for our needs with enough storage, although we weren't in there much.
The hotel is close to all the major attractions, including Times Square, Empire State building, Broadway and the restaurants of the Hell's Kitchen area, found on 9th Ave.
Our flight coming home was at 1900 but the check out time is 1200. They were more than happy to store our cases for us, allowing us to get out exploring on our last day, before returning to the hotel to collect our cases with no problems. The added bonus was the car that staff offered to arrange for us back to JFK. This was offered at a flat rate of $65 dollars including tax and tolls. I was expecting a yellow cab but it was actually a 'pimped out' SUV! I had previously looked at booking this type of car before coming and the prices were over $100. A good tip maybe to contact the hotel prior to arriving to see if they could arrange this same service on your arrival too as you could potentially get one of these cars for the smae as a yellow cab ($70 from JFK including taxes, tolls and tip).
Would definitely stay here again, thanks for making this a perfect trip!

5 Thank big_phil2010