Distrikt Hotel New York City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Fitness centre
  • Breakfast included
Cassa Hotel Times Square(New York City)
5,749 results
All reviewsport authorityparole officetimes squarenew yorkgreat hotelbus stationhell's kitchenhudson riverlittle touchesgood sizefree wifiour honeymooncoffee machineturn down servicecentral locationsmall hotelhigher floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I spent 4 nights at Distrikt Hotel over Easter. It's perfectly fine, without having any particular 'x' factor.
My room (a superior King Room) would have been a bit of a squeeze for 2 people with lots of luggage, but I was alone, so no problem there. The room size was on a par with other New York hotels I've stayed in. In-room wifi is fast and free - a definite bonus. The bar/restaurant is good for a couple of beers - especially good value during happy hour. The staff are friendly and helpful.

So all in all, fine for a few days in NYC.

One word of caution - don't use the driver service through the hotel. I needed to meet colleagues at a hotel next to the airport early in the morning, so asked the front desk to organise a taxi to take me there. What I got was a car driven by a disheveled driver who barely spoke English, charged more than a yellow cab and didn't have a clue where he was going. I had to give him directions using Google maps on my iPhone. And I'm not the first person to have had this experience, judging by other reviews.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PeteMissingham
gmdistrikt, General Manager at Distrikt Hotel New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for choosing Distrikt and for your lovely review. We are very disappointed to read about your car experience, and are troubled by the inconsistencies in service. We are very particular about who we recommend to guests, and if they do not live up to our level of service, we will stop allowing them to solicit our guests. Your experience assists us in this decision. If you would contact me at jrota@distrikthotel.com, I would like to try to get your money returned for the car service.

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

We booked 2 high Floor rooms and they had all we expected, nice beds, a good bathroom, and much more. Nice and friendly staff as well, we will be enjoying our stay! Located close to Subway and many of the NY attractions this is a great hotel to stay for a NY city trip.

Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank tallgerard

We are pleased to have earned your favorable review and thank you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor. We do hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Best thing about this Hotel was the convenient location. The rooms are VERY small, no counter space, etc for luggage(Kept mine on the other side of my bed). Inadequate counter/storage space in bathrooms, room on 3 next to elevator which I heard all night long. Lobby too small and quite congested if more than 6 people were in there. Would probably not stay there again. It definitely did not look like the pictures I saw online!

Room Tip: If they have a pool or fitness center, we did not know about it. Breakfast was good if dining room was not too crowded. Stay away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank dibwills
gmdistrikt, General Manager at Distrikt Hotel New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Though we strive to make every guest feel like their experience at Distrikt was a special one, we regret we did not exceed your expectations. For other readers, all king rooms do have a credenza with three large drawers for storage as well as a desk and two nightstands. The only room that does not have a credenza is our cozy queen, and we do our best to describe that room as such. We do not have a pool, but offer an amazing full sized fitness facility at no charge one block away. Though our lobby certainly does hold more than 6 people, we are a boutique, and our pictures are absolutely representative of our physical attributes while our TripAdvisor reviews are reflective of our service and standards.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I had stayed in other hotels before (including the Millenium Times Square, Resident inn, ..) and I have to stay The Distrikt is the only hotel I will book again. I am actually returning to NY soon and booked the Distrikt. It's a small, intimate boutique hotel with everything you need for a business or pleasure trip in the city.

Nothing to add. Perfect.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank princesstiana

We are honored to be included with such wonderful hotels and thank you for choosing us over our amazing competitors. Please drop me a note at jrota@distrikthotel.com before your arrival so I can thank you in person!

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We had a great time in NYC, and our stay at the Distrikt hotel was very pleasant.

Starting with the negatives:
-we were on the 19th floor, but had specifically asked for a higher floor when booking 6 months in advance so we hoped to be higher up
-we could hear other room doors opening and closing as if it was our own door
-upon arrival the money was blocked from our credit card for our entire stay, even if we were told we could pay cash or whatever we wanted at checkout. That way we couldn't use our credit card anywhere else because the money was frozen. They should have at least asked beforehand
-no coat hanger
-shower wasn't great

Positives:
- clean
-nice location
-friendly staff, supportive before arrival with email suggestions etc and also during our stay
-the room wasn't too small

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank whisperedstar

Thank you for choosing Distrikt and for your review on TripAdvisor. We do what we can to fulfill the requests for upper floors, and are sorry that you were disappointed. Unfortunately the desk should have simply taken your cash at time of checkin, and we would have reversed the necessary authorization to your credit card, we apologize and will discuss with the team. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we do hope you will return to us in the future.