“Great hotel in great location”

Distrikt Hotel New York City
Ranked #67 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Melbourne, Australia
“Great hotel in great location”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Very friendly staff. In a great location, just near Times Square but also just far enough away to feel like you are in the neighborhood. Had a good little bar which served great snacks, Also served great breakfast. definitely recommend

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,040)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I used to think hotels are not important, you only go there to sleep during your travels. However, as I'm getting wiser, I realize going 'home' after a busy day is actually as important as anything else on a trip. This hotel is able to get you away from the hustle and bustle of crazy busy NYC. It's surprisingly quiet, extremely clean, modern and feels secure. It's in a great location, only 5 minutes away from subway/train. I will return when in NYC.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Ballarat, Australia
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My sister and I stayed at this small but amazing hotel for 13 nights in a deluxe twin room on the 28th floor. We had a view across the Port Authority, we could see the Hudson River, the New York Times building and a general view across the uptown side of the city.

What can I say that hasn't been said before, I am very fussy when it comes to hotel cleanliness; it is the one thing that will make or break my holiday. Well I was very surprised at how clean and updated everything was. Loved the bathroom, small but perfectly fitted out. The large shower and the water pressure, wish I could've taken it home with me! )For any Australian girls reading this, your GHD or Cloud 9 hair straightners will work here - new wiring).Overall the room was a decent size for New York standards - possibly the smallest I have ever stayed in though.

I do have a couple of negatives - no fridge for personal things like water, milk, drinks, medications etc, they will give you a small novelty fridge which will hold two bottles of small water! Not great during the hot months and the wardrobe space, wow for two girls, what can I say....fail! BUT that's all the negatives! Not bad for me :-)

The area was New York to me, there is a parole office down the street, the only reason I knew this was reading other reviews on this site, otherwise I wouldn't have known! We walked around at all hours of the day and night and never felt unsafe anywhere. This city never sleeps!!

The outstanding staff make this hotel what it is - Neesha, Tsering, Manny and Dennis, were outstanding, thanks guys for making us feel welcome and like family!

I could go on and on and on but I won't, do yourself a favour and give this boutique style hotel a go, you won't be disappointed!!

Room Tip: Rooms on a higher floor will have a better view....
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ashjay40
Durham
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Arrived to find a small room, we just fitted in, but the views were great and the location good, the air con wasn't good, we were always hot, but ignore this all, we had a great holiday, the front staff were great, full of help and always helpful. Would come back again

Room Tip: High floors are the best
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stated here with my wife, parents and toddler last year and should really have posted a review before now. The staff were incredibly friendly, breakfast was great and the rooms were top notch. The hotel is centrally located and within walking distance of everything we wanted to see in Manhattan. Some people have criticized the street the hotel is located on as being a little run down and even seedy but we all felt comfortable enough and were never approached by anybody. There's a CVS pharmacy at the end of the street which is handy particularly when you're traveling with a toddler. Overall, this is fantastic value for New York and because of the friendliness of the staff alone is highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013
Loughborough, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed here for 13 nights in July. Quick easy check in. Our room was on the 20th floor, bit smaller than what I am used to but I am told they are larger rooms for New York, this was no problem though. Room spotless and cleaned daily to the same standard, the chocolates and weather care for the next day were a nice touch. Coffee machine in room but no fridge, we asked for a fridge at reception and it was brought to our room within 5 minutes. The staff at this hotel were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. The cold drinks dispenser in the lobby was also a great touch, there were also 2 computers in the lobby for guests to use and free wifi throughout the hotel. It was my husbands birthday and our wedding anniversary while we were away and a card and cheesecake was left in our room which was lovely.

The hotel is close to Times Square, the port authority bus terminal is across the road and subway stations at the top of the street so we had easy access to everywhere.

We had no problems during our stay. This was my first trip to NYC, I fell in love with the city so will be returning and will happily stay at the Distrikt Hotel on our next visit.

Room Tip: Choose a high room for a better view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah S
Tartu, Estonia
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed there for 5 nights in July. The location is perfect near Times Square, Broadway and all the other main attractions. The rooms are very nice and clean. The best part of the hotel is the front desk - they're all very helpful and welcoming.

Would recommend this to everyone travelling to NYC.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple