Distrikt Hotel New York City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Fitness centre
  • Breakfast included
Cassa Hotel Times Square(New York City)
5,749 results
All reviewsport authorityparole officetimes squarenew yorkgreat hotelbus stationhell's kitchenhudson riverlittle touchesgood sizefree wifiour honeymooncoffee machineturn down servicecentral locationsmall hotelhigher floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Friendly staff, excellent and well equipped room, very good air conditioning, central location near Metro station, bus station, Penn Station, Times Square. Would certainly recommend this for a family holiday.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Reservations: easily made online through TripAdvisor.
Check-in: fast efficient friendly and accurate.
Room: small, beautifully furnished in a very modern style. Very comfortable pillows and mattress. Nice linens and towels. No closet. Small but nice armoire. Small but well put together bathroom. Excellent bath products. Very quiet and clean.
Check-out: fast efficient and friendly.
Location: near Port Authority so not exactly scenic but near to restaurants and bars and the subway. Easy walk to Chelsea and Hell's Kitchen.
Note: great Pizza joint down the block with $1.00/slice, you can't beat it at 2 am.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tackle
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My last title in November was that I was treated like royalty. I did not feel it this time. Staff always nice and I got my room as an early check-in, which was great.
But I had an accessible room which was not planned so NO counter tops whatsoever in the bathroom so when you are 2 adults , one teen and three suitcases , space is important. Furthermore the cleanliness of the bathroom was not great. White marks everywhere on mirror, walls and door. Like spit...
We had to ask on both nights for a third bath towel. We did get it but should not have to ask especially the 2nd night. The staff is very helpful but not identified really well. There are guys with checkered shirts that we think is staff because they talk to you. When they are behind the counter it is clearer who is an employee.
My daughter who does not speak English very well was even a little bit scared when some 'stranger'
talked to her in the lobby. Might have been staff. Behind the counter there should be more training.
One employee could not speak loud enough and had to ask for help from another.

At check-out another told me she could not print my receipt because I used internet to make reservation ??????? So she asked the manager I guess because I urged her and I got my receipt.

The cocktail hour in the bar offers you free food which was great in November. Not so good in july.

All in all it is a excellent choice because service is attentive and location is great. You feel secure there. Rooms are quiet .

But it just lost a little bit of luster since 2013.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. The rooms are very nice. The beds and pillows were awesome, I even tried to buy a pillow! The staff was very pleasant. The location was great, only about 4 blocks to times square. At checkout they helped us get a cab. If we visit New York again we will definitely try and stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We had some friends who wanted to go to New York for the Macy's 4th of July fireworks and they asked us and another couple if we would go with them. We said it sounded like fun and I proceeded to look for a good deal for air fare and a hotel. I got on Tripadvisor and came across the Distrikt Hotel. It was highly rated, close to the Hudson River(the fireworks had been on the Hudson River in recent years) and I found a great deal on American Airlines Vacations for a package deal for all of us. It seemed like a slam dunk, so we booked it.

The first thing that happened was I got a phone call at home one day from Expedia saying the Distrikt was sold out of the type of room package we had booked and the Distrikt was going to bump us up to some special King room package. I did some checking since I did not understand why Expedia and not American Airlines Vacations was calling me and after talking to Expedia, AA Vacations and the Distrikt Hotel, I was convinced it was all legit and we were, indeed, getting an upgrade.

Upon arriving, we met Neesha for the first time (not sure if that is how her named is spelled, I stole that spelling from another review). From the moment we started checking in, I could tell Neesha was someone special. She was very helpful, polite, funny and had a great personality. Our group was asking her all kinds of questions (some dumber than others...wait...there are no dumb questions, right?). Anyway, Neesha politely answered all of them and seemed eager to help us out with whatever we needed and educate us about getting around New York.

One of our concerns was that we had booked a 4th of July fireworks cruise at the last minute when we realized that they had moved the fireworks from the Hudson River to the Brooklyn Bridge over the East River. We had this plan to walk from the Distrikt over to the Hudson River several blocks away to watch the fireworks and that went up in smoke when the fireworks got moved. Neesha gave us an obvious choice, which was a taxi ride, and pointed out what we had learned on the ride from the airport to the Distrikt that with six of us, we would have to get two taxis. Neesha suggested that she could arrange transportation for us to the port where we would be leaving out of and she could charge it to our room or I could pay the driver cash. That sounded like a pretty good deal and I agreed to have her set something up for us. I originally said I would pay the driver cash, but then changed my mind and had her charge it to our room. The cost was $50.00 each way. Had we taken two taxis, we would have paid at least $40.00 each way.

Long story short, when it was time to go to the port, we all met down in the lobby and waiting for us outside was a white stretch LIMO with my name on it! How cool is that? We definitely rode to the port in class in our stretch limo with some cool flashing lights inside. We did have to call the driver and wait a little while on him after we got back from watching the fireworks, but all in all, it was a great, fun surprise to get a limo ride. I am not sure if Neesha kept the fact that we were getting a limo a secret, but if she did, I am even more impressed.

We ended up having Neesha handle our transportation back to the airport. Instead of having to pay for two cabs, we all rode in one large SUV and it ended up costing us just a little less than the two cabs from the airport...around $80.00.

One last thing. When we first checked in, we took off exploring with one of the couples we traveled with and the other couple stayed behind because they did not want to have to walk too far and we planned on walking several miles. The couple that stayed behind asked Neesha if they could go to the "Happy Hour" and eat the snacks even if they did not want anything to drink. Neesha told them that it would not be a problem, so they went next door (the bar is just past the lobby) and proceeded to get some food and sit down to eat it. A waitress came over to get their drink order and they told her they did not want anything to drink. The waitress told them, in that case, they could not be eating the free food. They got up, left, went back over to the front desk and told Neesha what happened. She not only read the riot act to the waitress, but gave our friends two $10.00 gift certificates to use in the bar/restaurant and they ended up having breakfast there every morning and becoming friends with another waitress who worked there.

Having read a lot of the reviews on here, I don't know if there is a lot more I can add that hasn't already been said. Personally, I thought our room was very nice and modern. Although Neesha was the best, the rest of the staff were very friendly and helpful. It seemed like someone was always there to great us when we returned from one of our adventures. One of the managers came over and sat with us one evening when we were sitting in the lobby waiting on one of the other couples we were with and wanted to know if we were enjoying our stay and if there was anything she could do for us to improve our experience at the Distrikt. I mean, how many hotels do you go to where the staff is so friendly? Not many that I know of.

A number of folks have mentioned the adult stores in the area. I did not find them to be that big of a deal. No one ever accosted us walking by any of them. Probably the worst area we passed was in front of the bus station on 8th Avenue. Yes, the bus station is across the street from the Distrikt, but it is basically a wall a block long. Folks don't hang out on the side of the bus station like they do on the front side (8th Avenue) and the back side (9th Avenue). Interestingly, there is a rooftop club at the hotel next door to the Distrikt and it appeared to be a very popular place. Every evening they had a long line out the door of nicely dressed young adults waiting to get in to party, so the neighborhood can't be that bad. So, don't let some of the reviews on here talking about where the Distrikt is located scare you. You can find strange people all over Times Square and most surrounding areas in New York. The street (40th Street) in front of the Distrikt is not that scary.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple