“Good location. Nice hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Distrikt Hotel
Ranked #55 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
“Good location. Nice hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

This is a great NYC hotel. The room was not a bad size for the center of town, the staff were very friendly and helpful and it is close to Broadway and the Ripley-Grier Studios which was the main reason for our trip.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Leila62

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,023)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Munich, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stayed here in July. The room I was given had a mini bar that did not function when I was thirsty for water in the middle of the night - and despite calling the front desk they couldn't resolve the issue and did not resolve it when they cleaned the room the next day. The main issue with the hotel room was that they gave me their 'unlucky chap' room - which was sharing an adjoining wall with construction happening on the hotel building. I woke up the first morning to a shaking room - and the second morning it was so bad at 6 am (and the hotel staff was fully aware of the construction happening) I scrambled to get my stuff together and found another hotel in the middle of my stay. I lived in New York for a number of years, so not one to be sensitive to noise. I would not recommend this hotel - the noise made the room inhospitable on a basic level and the staff was not attentive - even after this experience and leaving my phone number for the manager to call me, no one did. Extremely disappointed and the hotel staff did not own up on any of this to ensure guests basic needs are met or attended to. I will be very disappointed if they reply to this posting in a public forum despite the opportunity to deal with my concerns as a guest.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
11 Thank K H
Laredo,TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We just returned from a week stay at the Distrikt. I cannot say anything negative about this hotel. Room: very spacious compared to other hotels we have stayed in NY. Location: great, very close to many pla es like Times Square, Empire State Building, Bryant Part, Subway station right in the corner, etc. The trip was in honor of my son, and they treated him very nice welcoming him with a birthday cake, and they always asked how his day was, etc very friendly and kind. Thanks to everybody at the lobby always attentive.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel after having read the reviews and seeing the location. Although there were some negatives reviews about the noise, we found that not to be an issue. The fact that you are only a few rooms a floor adds to the intimacy of the location. The parking lot is just up the street and the discount allotted is definitely worth it. You drive there easily from the Lincoln tunnel and leave just as simply. Steps away from Times Square and the theatre district along with easy access to taxis and the subway make for an easy stay. The staff is incredible. I cannot make this point strongly enough. They are informative, friendly and remember your name. The gents at the front door always have a smile on their face and help you where they can. I loved the fruit flavoured water after a hot day walking around NYC.

After having stayed here, it would be my destination of choice. No questions.

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I cannot begin to express the excellent experience we had at this hotel. The staff is the best part followed by the excellent facilities. The location is ideal and just steps away to a metro station. I will definitely be back to this hidden gem.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank MarissaMN
Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

It's location is very central but it may seem sketchy to some. Once inside, the super friendly staff will make you feel at home. I loved that they offered iced refreshments in the lobby. The room was decent sized with a large shower. The bathroom products were nice and the room was super clean. I requested a high floor since there was construction going on and the room was super quiet. Probably the quietest room I have had in NYC in awhile!

Going to be my new home away from home.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
Florence, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

As we approached the entrance, it was across the street from the Port Authority and next door to some major construction. The entrance was actually so small that had we not been looking, we would have walked right by...

...and then we walk in...

We were greeted by a VERY friendly staff. Although our room was not ready, they kindly stored our bags and helped with some suggestions for the afternoon. When we got back, we went to the most comfortable room. The decor follows the modern industrial trend. Our beds were comfortable. We had extra pillows on each bed, two of which were down filled. The customary turn down service with chocolates was a nice touch. Not only was the bathroom filled with modern fixtures, ammenities included products from a company called LATHER. SPA quality!

I know I already mentioned the staff, but they really deserve props. In a world that is sometimes cold and mechanical, they were quite the opposite. This staff makes you want to come back...and one day I will!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family