“Not really a Speakeasy, but more like a cool lounge!”
Review of Pegu Club

Pegu Club
Ranked #2,278 of 14,214 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: Asian
Neighbourhood: Greenwich Village
Neighbourhood: Greenwich Village
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We liked the atmosphere and they were playing good music (started in my era 1980s then went to some jazz stuff)
It was crowded on the Friday night we were there. We had already eaten, so we just wanted to try some of the specialty drinks. I went for the rum-based concoction with some sort of ginger added, while my girlfriend ordered the gin-based drink. Drinks were very good and I am sort of a picky mixed drink type of person.
We did not try any of the food and we just sat at the bar and/or stood.
Long and narrow place, so if you are clostophobic or have a "no Touch" issue you might not like to move around in this place much. I am sure a reservation would help you get a table. Would be a better place with a group of friends.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

Pegu Club is our go to for great cocktails in the city. There's no speakeasy run around to get in, and while it can get crowded on weekend nights, when it's not crowded, it might be the best bar in the city. The cocktails are amazing - the standards are great, their seasonal offerings are really good, and the bartenders are knowledgeable to make something outstanding even if you have no idea what you want. While it might be a bit more pricey than a regular bar, for cocktails of this quality it's a great value.

1  Thank Ingrid J
Reviewed 23 December 2012

what can i say that hadnt already been said about this amazing establishment....
top notch bartenders, excellent cocktails and great food.
this is just one of those places that you cant get disappointed at...
not to be missed if you are in new york

1  Thank Bar S
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Pegu Club is a pretty cool place, but the cocktails my girlfriend and I got were just average. We're not cocktail snobs (even though we like good cocktails), but I can tell the difference between an amazing cocktail and one that's just average. I had heard a lot about Pegu's unique cocktails but I wasn't impressed with their menu or the drinks we got. When you're paying $14 minimum per cocktail, you better be making something I'll remember and unfortunately, I don't remember a thing about what I drank. Pegu is worth checking out at least once but it gets really busy so if you do end up going, try to beat the crowds.

1  Thank Zach N
Reviewed 17 May 2011

We popped in here for a quick drink and ended up staying for hours. The mixologists create a stunning selection of drinks, all far away from generic cocktails. Genius.

You must visit Pegu.