“Buzzing Bar, Brunch Looked & Smelled Amazing”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Half Pint

The Half Pint
Reserve with OpenTable
The Half Pint is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,696 of 13,548 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Drinks, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: Thompson Street
Transit: A,C,E to West 4th Street .B,D,F,V to west 4th street N,R to 8th Street NYU and 6 to Bleecker Street
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Buzzing Bar, Brunch Looked & Smelled Amazing”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Unfortunately did not eat here ( we had just had brunch elsewhere), but definitely had a case of food envy when we saw the plates coming out of the kitchen.

The staff were very friendly and attentive, and he whole place had a good feel about it. Nothing was too much trouble for the bar staff.

• Visited May 2014

• Korean first
New York City, New York
“Great beer and food”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The beer, food and service are wonderful. The owners are friendly and the staff very accommodating.

Try the steak and salad, cheeseburger and hand-cut French fries

Visited May 2014
Hastings, United Kingdom
“Friendly and good beer”
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

This place was very friendly and the beer was great. Be warned, it is strong and fairly expensive by British standards... Our choice was 9%... Didn't know to start with, because the billboard didn't say. 4 half were $40.

Plainview, New York
“Not impressed.”
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

I had read reviews about the brunch at half pint before choosing it as a place to celebrate a friend's 30th birthday and wound being very disappointed. First the menu that is online was not the menu they were offering while we were there. Second I wanted a blueberry mojito that is listed on their drink menu and they told me they were out of mint. Third I asked for egg whites and was informed they were out (brunch goes until 4 and it was only 2) when our food came out we were missing an entree, turns out the waitress forgot to put it in. She never apologized for this, instead the manager came over and brought a tray of shots to compensate. This was nice but Instead the meal should have been comped and the waitress should have faced the table like an adult and taken responsibility. Halfway through our meal the manager came over again to let us know they ran out of champagne which we were all drinking. How a place that does brunch every week could run out of egg whites and champagne is beyond me. I will say that the food we ordered was delicious but it's disappointing when you go out to eat and are told that you are out of numerous items and that the menu you checked out online is not available. And as a server myself our server's personality left a bad taste in my mouth. Not personable at all. And finally were only 6 ppl and the gratuity was added without us knowing until someone saw it on the bill. Had I not seen that the waitress would have gotten an enormous tip that she was not deserving of. Again, I myself am a server and whenever a gratuity is added for larger parties I always let the guests know when the check is dropped. I have no intention of ever going back to this establishment.

Ottawa, Canada
“Excellent Pub near Washington Square Park”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We had reservations at a pub just around the corner that decided not to keep our table for us. We saw this place en route and decided to go back and check it out. We were not disappointed. This place had a great beer menu and the food was fantastic. It was busy but we could still carry-on a conversation without having to yell. Service was excellent and everyone was friendly. We will definitely go back there the next time we are in NYC.

Draft suggestions - try the Brooklyn Blast - fantastic.

Their nachos were very good.

• Visited January 2014