Chic&Budget New York
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$371
US$343
  • Room Service
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$195
  • Pool
The Lucerne Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$387
US$251
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$188
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Muse Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$321
US$284
  • Restaurant
The Kimberly Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$322
  • Fitness centre
US$314
US$291
  • Pool
Stewart Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$210
US$472
Hotelpower.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Staying at the 132nd St Apartment, the location did leave me a little apprehensive, given Harlem's reputation. My apprehension was only made worse by the cab driver warning me repeatedly NOT to venture outside after 10 O'clock at night. I have to say though, this turned out not to be the case, and the Harlem locals were friendly and warm. Bert greeted me on arrival, and his assistance and explanation of the subway system and how Manhattan worked was invaluable. The apartment was amazing...Well furnished, comfortable and warm, and at only a few minutes walk to the station, amazingly convenient. This was my first trip to New York, and with only 4 days up my sleeve, the convenience of the location, Bert's advice on how to get around and the very competitive price made this a perfect location, and I saw everything I wanted to see with ease. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking to stay in New York and doesn't want to pay for all the expensive bells & whistles a Hotel insists on charging you for. I'll definitely be back...Thanks Bert & Chic&Budget!!!!

Room Tip: Get your head around the Subway system, and you'll find it easy to avoid expensive cab fares.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mat S
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We stayed on the 127th apartment on July 27 to August 3rd and it was very good. Mr Bert is a nice and helpfull person. He explained us the way to use the subway, how to move in the city and additional places to visit. It is the second time I stayed with them and I really recommend them, their apartments are all renovated, clean, comfortable and price is affordable

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Monramirez
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

We stay there in july and that was amazing! If you need a very nice and cheap place to stay you need to get there ! Rooms are clean, bathrooms are small but very convenient! I highly recommend this place !

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Lalonde035
Reviewed 4 March 2013

We stayed at Chic & Budget 127 in December of 2011 but I neglected to write a review at that time. We found the location to be great! We learned very quickly that if you want to visit New York it is much more fun to stay outside of the "touristy" areas. The express train will get you to midtown or downtown in no time at all. Also - food is a lot cheaper uptown. Avoid eating at the tourist traps and eat at some of the awesome diners and restaurants in harlem and the upper west and east sides.

The bed was very comfortable and the apartment was pretty quiet even though it was shared with the other guests - I think we only saw them once? Be careful with the hot water: We were sharing the house with guests who loved to take hot showers in the morning. When it came our time to shower we only had cold water left. This made for a rather frustrating and enjoyable start to the day. Though, on the plus side, I supposed it woke us up!

Bert was very helpful and talkative and answered any questions we may have had. We had a good chat about Toronto (where we were coming from) and New York and he told us to call him if we had any further questions.

We did have a slight issue come up at the end of our stay but it was addressed promptly and with excellent customer service. It was because of how this was handled that we knew we would come back again!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jay T
Reviewed 3 January 2013

excellent! The location is good and the price is decent! The landlord is a very nice and kind person. It is more like a home than a hostel, it was a surprise for all of us! We stayed in NYC for about 6 days, the location is good. There is a subway station 2 blocks away, you can take the metro to anywhere you want. Restaurants nearby are convenient, they have Wendy's and Pyepye there. Overall, excellent!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends