“Amazing!”

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Good for: Child-friendly
Neighbourhood: East Village
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Just go there and have anything on their menu or try the sundae. It's a little out of the way, but it is totally worth the trip.

Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

The best vegan ice cream I've ever had. A bit pricy but worth it. Try the hot fudge and peanut crunch sundae.

Reviewed 6 July 2012

After trying Lula's vegan ice cream, I am not going back to regular dairy ice cream. So far I had mocha, chocolate, peanut butter fudge, cookie and cream, mint and chocolate and cola. My favorites are mocha and chocolate. I did not really like cola and mint and chocolate flavors. As it was mentioned before, the place is very small and gets packed right away. Staff is friendly.
They are closed on Mondays and they are not open until 3:00 pm other days. Also, they accept cash only.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

I saw good reviews on this place so my friend and I went on a journey to try some good ice cream. It was a bit of a walk from the subway station and at first we thought this place was gone because it was so tiny and wasn't open yet (Lula's opens at 3pm most of the days so don't go there too early!) so we walked to the nearby park and came back a little later to taste the YUMMS!! My friend didn't know it was vegan until we cleaned our cup but we both loved it! We tried a scoop of banana and strawberry each, great flavor, just enough sweetness, good texture, yummy. The staff were friendly and it was tiny but very cute place with full of character and flavor. Definitely worth the walk!

Reviewed 28 December 2011

I had read reviews about this place and was dying to stop by on a visit to NYC for my birthday. It definitely did NOT disappoint! My husband and I shared a banana split with vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate ice cream and topped with walnuts, coconut whipped cream, butterscotch sauce, fudge, and, of course, a cherry on top! It was absolutely delicious! The decor is set up like an old apothecary/pharmacy which is really cool but the place is TINY. There's only enough room for about 3 people to sit so while we were there trying to eat our very messy dessert we were crowded against the side and blocking the door. It'd be great if there was more space or if they used to-go containers because of the space, but otherwise it is DEFINITELY worth a visit!