“Nice NYC hideaway ”
Review of La Sienna

La Sienna
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent value for money. Building had nicely restored character. Rooms reasonable size with very comfortable beds and good hd cable tv. Around 400 meter walk to the subway, which is also an express station (the white dots on the NYC subway maps) meaning express trains only take around 10ish minutes to reach time squre as they only stop at certain staitions.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Josef H

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed in La Sienna in April and it was amazing. The first thing is the owner Ivette. What a great host ! First she makes you feel welcome but the place is well maintained. Our room was spacious and very clean. The place is very convenient also as you have the express trains around the corner so time square is just 2 stop away. Great place I highly recommend it.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mael M
Reviewed 3 May 2014

La Sienna was a perfectly nice place to stay while visiting New York. We stayed for a week and encountered few problems, besides a few incidents where the owner forgot a couple of things when we first checked in. The shared bathroom wasn't really an issue at all, and location-wise it couldn't be easier to get to both central Manhattan and JFK. Overall a good stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel H
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

It is cheap and little clean, BUT I WON'T RISK MY LIFE TO SAVE LITTLE MONEY!%! lots of homeless people around the area, asking for change or $.building owner did get in my room and clean while I was out.yes, without my permission.pay a just little more stay in a better place.more secured. THIS NEIGHBORHOOD IS GHETTO

• Stayed: July 2013
8  Thank habar h
Gingerbread241, Owner at La Sienna, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

I checked my records and have no such person who stayed here.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Great experience, for place, hospitality and privacy. Cozy bedroom with a bed very confortable (I slept very well...) and bathroom perfectly cleaned (better than an hotel). Last but not least: I met a wonderful dog!
Yvette is a perfect host.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank dadada d
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This place was perfect. They have got a great recipe for a guest house in New York. It was a pleasure to stay, and if we ever visit NY again, we will 100% be coming back. Absolutely immaculate bathroom, kitchen was always spotless. Great coffee available for breakfast. The bed was very comfortable and smelt of fabric conditioner. Very nice place to stay I cannot recommend it highly enough!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Meggancaddey
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This cute place is well put together. The owner is always on-site and available. Very friendly and kept up with my friend and I while we stayed.

It's a low-cost option in a part of town that is being gentrified. I'm a sturdy guy and felt comfortable walking around the area, but wouldn't recommend a solo, late-night stroll to a girl from out of the area.

I think I had the smallest room and could comfortably drop my two bags on the floor and operate fine.

Best part is the owner's suggestions of places to eat around town. My friend and I went everywhere she recommended and weren't let down once.

I'd recommend it to safe travelers on a budget. Wouldn't recommend it to party-animals who walk home wasted in the wee hours of the morning.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends