“I really enjoyed it!”

33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“I really enjoyed it!”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I really wanted to go to a comedy show, for a long time, and really wanted to go in NYC. I looked up the clubs online, this was super close to our hotel. It had some people I know, Mike Gaffney, T.J. Miller, Kevin Brown. Out of the people I have heard of only Mike Gaffney was playing, which is good. He is very funny. I really wanted Kevin Brown because I LOVED 30 rock, but you can't always get what you want. I see other people saying they were ripped off, but we got exactly what was advertised. 10 dollars per person, two drink min.
The atmosphere is a tiny, dark comedy club. Exactly what I expected but the boy was shocked by how small it was. I prefer the small atmosphere, makes it very intimate.
The drinks were served in plastic cups, which is probably a smart move, but I decided on the champagne, which just felt SO redneck, but fun. I had lots of fun.
I really can't think of any complaints.

Visited July 2013

west point, ny
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“i'd give it zero stars if i could”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

this was the worst travel experience ever. they have people all along times square hassling you about comedy show tickets. we didn't believe the guy, so we walked over to the club ourselves. they kept saying how it was a discounted half price: only 10 per person and 2 drink requirement. ok, that's reasonable. we've been to comedy cellar and carolines and improv, that's normal. we go down this disgusting hall, into a dark room that has 4 people in it. no lie. we were like, oh no. during the time there, 4 more people came in, 4 sets of people left, mid-joke mind you. we were so embarrassed, and wanted to be polite, we just sat there trying not to hurt their feelings. then 2 kids tried to sneak in and left because they were carted which was totally pointed out. there were 4 comedians who were there, each for about 15 horrible, painful minutes. i kept looking at my husband like, is this real? they almost said some of the same jokes. all of them made fun of the fact that we were crappy tourists and lame and had no better plans than to sit there and listen to them. one or two said how horrible it was, the microphone and ac kept cutting out and they'd yell for someone to come fix the electrical circuits. i couldn't make this up. (the waitress was so nice, i felt horrible for her). run as fast as you can from this kind of stuff. ny has so much more to offer!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank bobbob2
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Ripped off.”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Got ripped off by a guy named Jamal selling tickets. Lied about the line- up and the 2 drink minimum. I explained the situation that same day to the guy at the door named Gregory. The issue was not reported to the manager. I spoke to the manager - Francisco - two days later, and asked for a refund. He told me that he would "take care of me" next time I was in New York. Uh, no thanks. He refused to give me a refund ($20 by the way) because I gave my money to someone who is an "independent contractor." He said that it would be a terrible business decision to do that? The tickets have the name of your club on it - you know you're working with. If you don't, you need to start.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank AlexMcAttack
London, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“What a laugh”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Wasn't sure when we were stopped on the street and offered free tickets for the comedy club, had to have a minimum of 2 drinks per head. So glad we did. Really good comedians in a small club, host great and a ll 4 comedians original. Best night in the Big Apple by far.

Visited April 2013
Tønsberg, Norway
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Worst Comedy club EVER”
Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

For some reason we decided to check out Ha! on Manhattan, and boy do we regret this. Only 6 people including us in a huge room with lousy comedians (I know it's hard to work a room with so few people, but these guys were terrible) and a very, very annoying waitress constantly interrupting the bad show trying to get us to buy more. Stay away.

Visited May 2012