“Biggest SCAM ever!!”
Review of Ha! Comedy Club

Ha! Comedy Club
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This is the worst ever comedy club I have ever been to. I was scammed by the ticket promoters for the club who lied about the 'famous' comedians who were supposed to appear that night. There is a 2 drink minimum policy and most drinks are $9 and the waitress hasseled me constantly to buy drinks. The comedians didnt get a single laugh from the audience. This was the worst night in NY and a complete waste of money so I recommend that everyone avoids this club.

There are newer reviews for Ha! Comedy Club

Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

The friday 9pm show was fun. Its a rookie club clearly, but we had a good time. Im pretty sure if the small show room is not full the experience wont be good. In comedy the audience makes half the show.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

I really wanted to go to a comedy show, for a long time, and really wanted to go in NYC. I looked up the clubs online, this was super close to our hotel. It had some people I know, Mike Gaffney, T.J. Miller, Kevin Brown. Out of the people I have heard of only Mike Gaffney was playing, which is good. He is very funny. I really wanted Kevin Brown because I LOVED 30 rock, but you can't always get what you want. I see other people saying they were ripped off, but we got exactly what was advertised. 10 dollars per person, two drink min.
The atmosphere is a tiny, dark comedy club. Exactly what I expected but the boy was shocked by how small it was. I prefer the small atmosphere, makes it very intimate.
The drinks were served in plastic cups, which is probably a smart move, but I decided on the champagne, which just felt SO redneck, but fun. I had lots of fun.
I really can't think of any complaints.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

this was the worst travel experience ever. they have people all along times square hassling you about comedy show tickets. we didn't believe the guy, so we walked over to the club ourselves. they kept saying how it was a discounted half price: only 10 per person and 2 drink requirement. ok, that's reasonable. we've been to comedy cellar and carolines and improv, that's normal. we go down this disgusting hall, into a dark room that has 4 people in it. no lie. we were like, oh no. during the time there, 4 more people came in, 4 sets of people left, mid-joke mind you. we were so embarrassed, and wanted to be polite, we just sat there trying not to hurt their feelings. then 2 kids tried to sneak in and left because they were carted which was totally pointed out. there were 4 comedians who were there, each for about 15 horrible, painful minutes. i kept looking at my husband like, is this real? they almost said some of the same jokes. all of them made fun of the fact that we were crappy tourists and lame and had no better plans than to sit there and listen to them. one or two said how horrible it was, the microphone and ac kept cutting out and they'd yell for someone to come fix the electrical circuits. i couldn't make this up. (the waitress was so nice, i felt horrible for her). run as fast as you can from this kind of stuff. ny has so much more to offer!

2  Thank bobbob2
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Got ripped off by a guy named Jamal selling tickets. Lied about the line- up and the 2 drink minimum. I explained the situation that same day to the guy at the door named Gregory. The issue was not reported to the manager. I spoke to the manager - Francisco - two days later, and asked for a refund. He told me that he would "take care of me" next time I was in New York. Uh, no thanks. He refused to give me a refund ($20 by the way) because I gave my money to someone who is an "independent contractor." He said that it would be a terrible business decision to do that? The tickets have the name of your club on it - you know you're working with. If you don't, you need to start.

2  Thank AlexMcAttack