“Excellent sea food pasta”
Review of Il Porto - CLOSED

Il Porto
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Financial District
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Delicious food, nice stores around, good view of Brooklyn Bridge. The only Abbercrombie without a big waiting line outside in town.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

The food was ok, nice atmosphere, way too pricey (tourist trap) and service was pooooor. My husband had the Paella Mariscos which he liked –I personally have tasted better and my daughter and I had the Tagliatelle pasta which I thought was just average. A glass of wine was $10! The bread was brought half way through our meal …didn’t even know they served bread! Wanted to order another drink and waitress wouldn’t make eye contact, and she took forever to bring it we were almost done with the meal…she was just standing around talking to other staff. The worst part was when I got the bill they already included 16% gratuity..I can see why the waitress didn’t care about the service she was providing.

Reviewed 15 September 2012

Would not recommend. Paella was terrible - no taste; risotta was pasty and gummy. Tried fish and chips figuring it should be good - how can you mess it up? Fish was watery. Chips were greasy. Waiter never came back to refill anything. Couldn't even get our check. Gratuity charge of 18% ridiculous. This place is just plain tacky. Bathroom is small, old and cramped - couldn't believe they have an older lady holding squirt-soap for you to wash your hands and then a ripped piece of paper towel for your hands. No way was I tipping her!! Don't waste your time or money here. blah!!

Reviewed 6 September 2012

My family and I have decided to treat ourselves and went to South Street Seaport and went to this restaurant for dinner. We left feeling totally ripped off as they charged dried up lobster pallalla for $99. Risotto was not even cooked right. The pizza that my 2 years old daughter ordered was awful.
For that price we could have went to really nice restaurant. We only went there because we were tired and needed to eat quick.
On top of it they already included tip in the bill for only 4 people, one being my 2 years old daughter. The service we received was awful and did not deserve the 16%.

1  Thank Christine S
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This restaurant has a varied menu. The food is good, however, the portions are a little small. I didn't like the idea of paying one dollar for soap in the bathroom. A tacky way of getting more money out of patrons. Also, didn't like that they add a gratuity charge of 18% to the bill.