“Expensive but worth it” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Il Porto - CLOSED

Il Porto
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Financial District
Canberra, Australia
“Expensive but worth it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

We went to Il Porto after we came out of The Bodies exhibit because they offered a discount to people who had been there. We had the lobster & seafood paella for 2. Lots of lucious seafood & a half a good size lobster each. I had wine, my partner a beer. Total cost with the discount was 120 dollars. Expensive, but I thought that the quality & quantity of seafood made it worth it. I went to the bathroom to wash my hands afterwards & was confronted with an older woman who skirted the soap on my hands then handed me paper towel. I've only seen this in high end places in Europe. Weird for a bistro type place. Service was good, although I had to ask several times before getting a glass of water.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Ladysmith, South Africa
“Reasonable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

Lovely place and prices quite reasonable looking out onto cobbled square at South Street Sea Port opposite the museum. Enjoyed our meal there!

Visited September 2012
brasilia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent sea food pasta”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

Delicious food, nice stores around, good view of Brooklyn Bridge. The only Abbercrombie without a big waiting line outside in town.

Visited July 2012
Pennington, New Jersey
“uhhhhh”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

The food was ok, nice atmosphere, way too pricey (tourist trap) and service was pooooor. My husband had the Paella Mariscos which he liked –I personally have tasted better and my daughter and I had the Tagliatelle pasta which I thought was just average. A glass of wine was $10! The bread was brought half way through our meal …didn’t even know they served bread! Wanted to order another drink and waitress wouldn’t make eye contact, and she took forever to bring it we were almost done with the meal…she was just standing around talking to other staff. The worst part was when I got the bill they already included 16% gratuity..I can see why the waitress didn’t care about the service she was providing.

• Visited September 2012
Oakdale, Pennsylvania
“Nasty”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

Would not recommend. Paella was terrible - no taste; risotta was pasty and gummy. Tried fish and chips figuring it should be good - how can you mess it up? Fish was watery. Chips were greasy. Waiter never came back to refill anything. Couldn't even get our check. Gratuity charge of 18% ridiculous. This place is just plain tacky. Bathroom is small, old and cramped - couldn't believe they have an older lady holding squirt-soap for you to wash your hands and then a ripped piece of paper towel for your hands. No way was I tipping her!! Don't waste your time or money here. blah!!

• Visited September 2012