“Extremelly expensive and definetly not worthy!”
Review of Il Porto - CLOSED

Il Porto
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Financial District
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We've ordered the special seafood dish of the day. It was suppose to be a shared dish!
And we didnt even really worry about the price because you would expect for the special to be affordable and it was simply $120.
The lobster was over cooked, the scallops were not fresh at all!!!
I do not mind paying the price for good food and ambience, however this restaurant have none of these!
New York has a million amazing restaurants!! And if you are willing to pay the price, then you can have the most amazing dinner experience ever! But believe me, not at this restaurant!!!

Reviewed 27 October 2012

Combining mediocre food with very high prices is not a winning combination. The food was OK but no where near what you would expect for such prices with small portions and waiters that do what they have to and nothing more than that (forget about courtesy or friendliness). If you happen to come over on Sundays you'd better walk for another 5 minutes and eat at the new Amsterdam market which is much better

Reviewed 8 October 2012

We went to Il Porto after we came out of The Bodies exhibit because they offered a discount to people who had been there. We had the lobster & seafood paella for 2. Lots of lucious seafood & a half a good size lobster each. I had wine, my partner a beer. Total cost with the discount was 120 dollars. Expensive, but I thought that the quality & quantity of seafood made it worth it. I went to the bathroom to wash my hands afterwards & was confronted with an older woman who skirted the soap on my hands then handed me paper towel. I've only seen this in high end places in Europe. Weird for a bistro type place. Service was good, although I had to ask several times before getting a glass of water.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

Lovely place and prices quite reasonable looking out onto cobbled square at South Street Sea Port opposite the museum. Enjoyed our meal there!

Reviewed 25 September 2012

Delicious food, nice stores around, good view of Brooklyn Bridge. The only Abbercrombie without a big waiting line outside in town.