“Good stuff”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery
Neighbourhood: East Village
“Good stuff”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed my first lobster roll ever here. Thought they gave me a lot of lobster meat for the $$. The bun was very fresh as well. Thumbs up!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Lobster roll is small -but worth the price!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

If you want lobster on a roll with butter,this is th e place in NYC! Some reviewers complained about price but lobster and NYC are expensive!Yes,you aren't filled up by it but good to have room for the yummy desserts nearby!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank mgl44
Canadian Prairies
“Take out!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We got our lunch and took it for a picnic in the park. The lobster rolls were sooo delicious. I've been craving another one since we got back, but there's nothing near me to satisfy my craving!

Visited May 2014
San Francisco, California
“Nice location.....but average”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Luke's certainly serves an ample amount of lobster but there should be more complex additions to the roll. So if you are hoping for just lobster on a bun this is it. I think subtle additions can be made. The clam chowder is fine....not any where near the best I have had. The Maine root beer was great. Great flavor and distinctive. The location for this Luke's was great. So many other small and charming shops. We are pushing on up the coast so my search for killer lobster roll will continue.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Kathleeenw
miami beach
“Not a Great Roll”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This was another foodie recommendation that is an utter farce.

Luke is "famous" for its lobster rolls and when I walked in I was literally excited.
The buttery smell got me famished and it is a colorful really cute lil shop.

The lobster roll at $15 seemed like a good deal until I saw how freaking tiny they were. We are talking $5 per bite!!

So I get my miniscule lobster roll and I bite into a bewildering paradox.
On the top there is the lobster which is decent but felt so cold, naked and unseasoned. The bottom half is actually a pretty good bun drenched in what I believe was garlic butter. The problem is that the top just does not mesh with the bottom.

Maybe if they had a deeper bun or poured some of that garlic butter on the top it could have saved the sandwich but as it was executed it was a FAIL and an expensive one at that.

Don't believe the hype people there has got to be far superior rolls in NYC.

• Visited May 2014