“Great new boutique hotel”
Review of Flatiron Hotel

Ranked #348 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Toronto, Canada
“Great new boutique hotel”
Reviewed 20 December 2011

Just returned from a 4 night stay at the Flatiron hotel and had an excellent experience.
The check in/out process was extremely easy and they were able to upgrade my room from a one bed to a two bed for a discounted price. The staff was incredibly accomodating and friendly.
The location is GREAT if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the super touristy areas. It is within walking distance to a lot of food options as well as the N,Q,R subway line so it's very easy to get both uptown and downtown.

The room size was good and the bathroom was nice, though it was a little bit small. (There is a TV in the mirror -- pretty cool!) Beds and pillows were very comfortable.

I will definitely be staying here again and would highly recommend it. I booked through travelocity, so for the price it was excellent.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank CaitSnow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Our stay was wonderful. Room was very clean and bathroom was quite spacious. Shower was a bit noisy but it did not bother us. Everyone was helpful and friendly. Our room was upgraded and we had a late check-out. We hope to stay there again and look forward to the bar being open.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed 16 December 2011

This hotel is brand new, so it's super clean and well decorated. The rooms are far nicer and bigger than what you'd normally get in NY at this price. I only had two gripes: 1. the parking garage they contract with down the street was full, and the attendant was completely disinterested in helping me; and 2. they do have an ice machine, but there are no minibars or even a soda machine on premises, which I found odd.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Ben K, Manager at Flatiron Hotel, responded to this review, 18 December 2011
Dear Jeff, I would like to thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on our hotel.

I am glad that you found our rooms nicer and bigger compared to other hotels in NY.

I apologize for your unpleasant with the parking garage down the block. Just to clarify we do contract with the garage, this is just one garage we were able to get a discounted rate for our guest, but we are looking into finding a garage that will treat our guest the way a Flatiron Hotel guest should be treated.

I'm happy to inform you that we do have our mini bars on order and they will be available in the next couple of weeks.

Again I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and taking the time to leave your feedback, we take our guest feedback very seriously and look to improve our overall guest experience.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 16 December 2011

We booked our stay on a recommendation from a friend who has stayed at The Flatiron, but were a little nervous. We've had some terrible hotel experiences in New York City (especially downtown) but this place is a true gem! The extremely friendly front desk staff, the location, and the overall style of the place is unmatched. My boyfriend and I are already trying to nail down some dates to return in the spring. The front desk staff couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. They offered us some great "off the beaten path" recommendations for places to eat and things to do that made our trip really special. The rooms, though small (it's New York) were immaculate and all the special features (automatic curtains, lighting, tvs in the bathroom, etc) were SUPER cool. We ended up spending most of our time inside the room instead of exploring the city but oh well :) Really excited for the future of this place! Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank w3jane
Ben K, Manager at Flatiron Hotel, responded to this review, 18 December 2011
Dear w3jane, I would like to thank you for taking your time writing a review.

i am glad to see that you had a good experience at our hotel and got to enjoy all special features in your room.

We really look forward seeing you again and maybe even top your last experience.

Also thank you to your friend who recommended us, we are all happy to have you part of the Flatiron Hotel family.

Reviewed 15 December 2011

A girlfriend and I stayed 3 days at this hotel. The location was great for getting around downtown NYC. The rooms were a reasonable size for the city, the shower was small but fantastic, and the lobby has an amazing massive aquarium as a centerpiece. Service was well intentioned, if inept. Eataly is one block away, and the best coffee at Stumptown is 3 blocks north.

3 Thank CWToronto
Dear CWToronto,

A sincere thank you for taking your time to share you feedback.

I am very glad to see that you find our location great, and got to enjoy our Swiss rainfall shower.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 December 2011

All good in general, just a few things needing ironing out in this new hotel. Staff helpful and friendly, rooms are nicely done and clean - only couple of issues were a fuse blowing which put out main lights in the room - we coped with bathroom lights though and we were offered lots of lamps. Also they need to invest in double glazing as room heated up quickly but got cold quickly too so that would be nice to find a balance.
Enjoyed our stay though as it's in an ideal location to get all around Manhattan. Just round the corner from places to eat like Eataly or the Shake Shack and great bars like the rooftop at 230 5th.

Nantucket, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 December 2011

When I visit New York (which is not often), I am always looking for a place that gives me that "New York" Experience. This was my first time staying at The Flatiron Hotel and everything was just as I had hoped. The Front Desk Staff was so friendly and educated on the surrounding area, with great suggestions on places to eat and local attractions. I really enjoyed the cozy feel and look of the room we stayed in. This hotel was much cleaner than other hotels I have stayed at in New York, so I was thoroughly impressed by that.
All around it was a great stay and I am very happy we chose this hotel to stay at! A WONDERFUL New York Experience thanks to The Flatiron Hotel! We will definitely be back~ Thanks again!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple