“Great hotel, great location, staff were very helpfully”
Review of Flatiron Hotel

Flatiron Hotel
Ranked #334 of 468 Hotels in New York City
“Great hotel, great location, staff were very helpfully”
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Great hotel, great location, friendly staff, will definitely recommend it to others

• Stayed March 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I've never really travelled alone before and New York was more than enough to confuse me.
Upon checking into the hotel (nice and clean rooms and facilities), i was still a good deal confused and i think it showed.
I was approached by one of the staff in the hotel (the general manager i think). All i remember was that his name was George. Good fellow was nice enough to take the initiative and offered to help me.

Not only did he answer all my questions, provided good service and made me feel very at home during my stay. He was nice enough to go out of his way to tell me how to get around NY and all the attractions worth seeing. I'm sure i took up a bit too much of his time. But thanks to him, my stay in New York was EXTREMELY enjoyable.

I'll be sure to go there again whenever i visit New York!
A VERY BIG thank you to George!
(Look up George people! Good bloke with dark hair and glasses!)

Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Had an enjoyable stay here not too long ago. The rooms were exceptionally clean and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Many thanks to George and the rest of the staff for making my visit to NYC a wonderful one!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed 16 March 2012

BEWARE THIS HOTEL OVERBOOKS ! ..We checked in and they said 20 minutes untill the room would be ready , then 20 minutes latter they said it would be 6~8 hours to come back at 4:00 pm, go figure. OK ,So they checked our bags in and we came back at 4:00. THEN , they said there wasnt any rooms left because something had happened to an entire floor of the hotel. The manager said there had been an "event" and it couldnt be helped. THIS WAS A FLAT OUT LIE. The hotel shuttle driver accidentally told us the truth , that they had just overbooked by like 12 rooms.
They offered to pay for us to stay at the Four points , I heard that they had done this for 12 rooms that day alone. The Hotel shuttle driver told us they had just overbooked by 12 rooms and he had been shuttling people all day.
The staff was sooo disorganized , the communication was pathetic , they simply didnt have anything together. The lobby looked nice , good luck if you book this room !

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank John-manassas
George S, General Manager at Flatiron Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2012
Dear MR. Manassas,

I wanted to write personally and apologize for any miscommunications that you may have had with staff and non affiliated workers of the hotel. All of the car services used through the hotel are not affiliated with the company and do not have direct knowledge of operations. It seems as if you were misinformed as to the reasoning and number of shuttled guests to various hotels through out the city. Due to unforeseen events that took place causing our floor to be shutdown while maintenance had to be done, each guest was handled with attention to detail and care. Each floor of our hotel has 8 guest rooms, each booking for this area had to be relocated.

I assure you the staff at the Flatiron Hotel diligently and thoroughly made sure that each guest was taken care of and not inconvenienced to the best of their ability while finding transport and lodging in order to maintain the highest level of service and ethics. Unfortunately, we are unable to control the conduct of contracted services such as car services who don't always have the best interest of the guest at heart.

If you have any questions, or wish to contact me, feel free to reach out and I would be happy to address your concerns personally in order to prevent future miscommunications from taking place.

George L Sallee
The Flatiron Hotel
New York, Ny 10010
212 839-8000
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I stayed with my family for couple days, the hotel was very clean and nice. Everyone there was nice, especially George who made sure that we had everything we needed and gave us some great tips bout navigating the city for my parents who visited ny for the fist time.

Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 16 March 2012

The Flatiron Hotel offered a perfect place for our recent visit to New York. The central location was a perfect stop between uptown and Soho. We were able to return to the hotel between our day excursions and our Broadway show and dinners out. Stayed with my sister and her teenage daughters. The bar area is quaint and very hip. Close to great restaurants and shopping. Chelsea is beautiful. The parking associated with this hotel is inexpensive ($105 for 3 days) and very safe. All around great stay. Thanks Flatiron.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Connecticut
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I am unable to review the room since I was never in it. I booked and prepaid for a room several months prior to our stay date (March 10th). My wife, who is 8 months pregnant and I were in the city for a surprise party. I researched the location in regard to the party location so she could easily return to the room when she got tired and it seemed to be a nice boutique hotel. Upon arrival, 4:30 on the 10th, we were informed, after we parked in the garage recommended by the hotel, that we no longer had a room due to a ceiling collapsing the night before (???) I am not sure why the didn’t call us in advance, but they booked us in another hotel. I was not pleased, but tried to be understanding and went to the next hotel (which shall remain nameless). Upon entering the room it was immediately determined it was unacceptable (not an even exchange by any standard) Then my wife began calling the Flatiron to request more suitable accommodations, she read a report of bugs in the hotel we were transferred too. It took approximately 1 hour and 4 calls for them to provide any suitable suggestions, now we are less than an hour from the party and are not dressed. We finally accepted a stay at another hotel which was very nice, but not particularly close to the location of our party. Overall it was a disappointing experience, because simple customer service in the form of a phone call should have been provided. We also questioned why it was our room that was damaged and unavailable, had every other guest booked prior to us? We had other friends from the party staying at the Flatiron without incident. Overall, I have nothing to say on the room, but the quality of our experience was poor.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
George S, General Manager at Flatiron Hotel, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Dear Jr123connecticuit,

I wanted to personally apologize for any inconvenience that had happened during your last trip to New York. I can understand how unforeseen events can be more than disappointing, especially when traveling with child.

As mentioned in our discussion about the ceiling damage that occurred prior to your arrival, we were unable to provide a room for you. We did make sure that there was an alternate accommodations for you in the vicinity. After finding this chain property insufficient, I was able to make a booking for you at the Roger Williams immediately which your wife originally refused. We also utilized our car service to ensure that you would not have to incur any additional cost due to the inconvenience in order to accommodate you in the best way possible.

Please feel free to contact me any time so that we can discuss you experience much more in depth. I would love to have you come back to the Flatiron Hotel and experience the services the way out Flatiron guests are accustomed to.

George L Sallee