“Worst Guest Service Ever”
Review of Flatiron Hotel

Flatiron Hotel
Ranked #348 of 467 Hotels in New York City
San Francisco, California
“Worst Guest Service Ever”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I stayed there with my family this weekend, and my friend went to pick me up for brunch this morning. I realized that I forgot my wallet in the room, so I asked her to wait for me in the lobby while I went back to the room to grab my wallet. However, the bellman kicked her out of the hotel lobby, even after she stated that she's waiting for me, a paying guest in the hotel. He was being extremely rude to her. I was only gone for less than 5 minutes, and seriously your staffs wouldn't let a well-dressed 20-year-old girl to wait in the lobby for 5 minutes when it was raining and cold outside?
RUDE STAFF (the male doorman who is working around noon this Sunday)! so I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THE HOTEL.
To the doorman who kicked her out: you ruined the day.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ELIANG2013
Sean A, Director of Operations at Flatiron Hotel, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
I apologize if the bellman was perceived rude and abrupt but to ensure the safety of our guests we ask patrons at the very least for the name of the guest they are waiting for. In this particular situation the bellman said the lady waiting could not give your registered name. She waited over a half hour for you and left on her own. Customer satisfaction is very important at the Flatiron Hotel but our guest safety always comes first.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Westport, Connecticut
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Very comfortable, clean, user friendly hotel in a central location. Though the neighborhood is a business area that is largely quiet and dark at night, but for a few trendy restaurants and bars, it is easy to catch a cab on Broadway a few feet away. The room was very nicely furnished with more storage than most rooms, an extremely comfortable bed, and appealing modern design. But nothing beats the staff: I had forgotten to pack a tie and mentioned it to the desk clerk who proceeded to loosen his tie and hand it to me. While I didn't take it -- it was a very nice tie, by the way! -- I will never forget the gesture!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Flatiron Hotel. Our staff takes great pride in providing excellent service and we look forward to your return.
Sister Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The staff at Flatiron Hotel were warm, hospitable and willing to go the extra mile to help us feel welcome in the City; and also to address an issue that did occur. I really appreciated this! Also, the rooms are very nice by NYC standards.

Room Tip: I preferred the King size bed room on the end of the building. Just a bit more square footage and la...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Great location and friendly staff.bellhop very helpful.explained how everything worked in our room when bringing up our luggage. Room clean and very comfortable.nice big windows.easy access to everything needed.staff very helpful in finding us places to eat.would stay here again

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Itala, Italy
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Main positive points of the hotel:
1) position
2) rooms cleaned very well day by day
3) courtesy of the staff
4) events calendar > every night the hotel organize something

Negative points:
1) noise if you have a room in the first floor

All in all my experience in Flatiron was excellent; for sure this is not the best hotel in the city but I think it's a good value for money solution.

Room Tip: choose the room in the last floors
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Distinctive rooms. Friendly staff. Lobby performance space.

You'll get some NYC street sounds -- the subway rumble, the occasional sirens -- but I couldn't beat this location.

I took a chance on this, and I'm glad I did. I'll be back.

Room Tip: My sixth-floor room didn't have the reverb from the lobby club's music.
Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

I needed a place to stay in NYC for a couple of weeks, but just could not stomach paying $500 a night. I found this hotel on Trip Advisor and booked based on the scores and price at the time. Good choice. The room was nice with big windows - not large but enough space of me AND my bags - comfortable. The location is decent and just a block or so from the Flatiron Building and just a few blocks South of the Empire State Building. Easy access to everything I needed. What the hotel lacks in amenities it makes up for with an extremely helpful and friendly staff. Everyone made me feel welcomed and at home. A good price/value compared to many hotels in New York.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business