“More than we hoped” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #51 of 74 New York City B&B and Inns
Vienna, Austria
“More than we hoped”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stayed 12 nights in this Bed and Breakfast in Room #2. We enjoyed it staying there and we didn't regret it decided for this Hotel.
It is really friendly and our room was quite huge: there were 2 doublebed, a desk, 2 wardrobes (one big, one small one), a fridge, a sink, a couch and a TV Set. It was not the brightest room but it was okay. The light on the ceiling was a little bit to dark. The room service was excellent: everyday a jung nice lady cleared the room and the bathroom up. The heating in the hotel worked very good, but I advise to open the window while heating or to put an open bottle of water near by the heater because it gets really dry air.
Scott and Tai (two of the team) were amazing! They told as much about the city and helped us everytime when we had a prob or something.
The location was wonderful. We fell in love with harlem. The subwaystation and train station are really near to the hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank KonstanzeRainer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

I really enjoyed my first stay in New York thanks to the very friendly staff, the comfortable room and the fab croissants! I am recommending the Harlem b and b to friends, family and colleagues for the warmth of welcome especially from the lovely staff. One tiny problem was the internet access was a bit patchy, but not a big problem as I accessed most of my emails from Columbia University - a 20 min walk away. But the room was very well serviced, the shared bathroom spotless, the bed was very comfortable. I will be back!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Jenny W
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2011

No coffee avaiable Saturday morning unless I wanted to hike back up to the bathroom to get my own water. Rooms were clean. Bathroom was not. I didn't feel unsafe.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank kswau

Travellers are raving about these New York City hotels

chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

excellent accomodations - great service - clean rooms - archetecture outstanding! I plan to ring in the new year @ Harlem B&B!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank darichone
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2011

My girlfriend and i stayed at the Harlem bed and Breakfast in april for 3 nights. Everything was perfect. We made an arrangment with the owner because we arrived late --- no problemo ! He waited for us until 11:30pm ! The room was small (#11), but small dont mean no accomodations ! We had a mini fridge, stove, sink, closet, table and chairs ! All that for 95$ in New York --- Absolute bargain ! Shared bathroom were clean and tidy.

The neibourghoud is very nice ! We loved Harlem and will stay there again. Subway is very close to the B&B and it is an express line - so from the B&B to midtown takes 15 minutes. There is also buses on 5th avenue -- longer ride than the metro, but very cool to see the Park all the way from north to south !

Room Tip: Room # 11 (3th floor) as a view of the street and park on the side. quiet street.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Goun_zz
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

My sister recommended the Harlem Bed & Breakfast to me because she had stayed there herself last year..Nikki it's reasonable is what I remember the most...Upon my arrival I was greeted with a smile from the owner Scott Kinder...We had previously spoken over the phone in making my reservations...so it was a very nice surprise to find him there. Mr. Kinder went out of his way to make sure my nephew and I were well taken care of! His staff was very helpful and kind to us..the Harlem Bed & Breakfast was an awesome place to stay...especially because I was working with a budget..It was clean and very nice...I got more pleasure hanging around the bed and breakfast just people watching..lol.. I had a air conditioner in my room, which was great because it was very humid and hot when I was there, the breakfast was the bomb!!! fresh croissants and chocolate chip muffins, along with laughing cow cheese and cream cheeses..orange juice and coffee and a variety of teas...It was awesome!!! If you are looking for somewhere that is reasonable and comfortable to stay on your NY trip...I would HIGHLY
recommend the Harlem Bed & Breakfast!!! when I go back next year I will be calling Mr. Kinder again...I have his number saved in my cellphone....

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank nikki357_11
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2011

It was very good of Scott to give us accommodation when our original booking at another B&B had double booked us. It would have been nice to actually meet Scott, rather than talking to him on the phone. We were left waiting for ages, with people who didnt seem to understand English very well. We were then taken to a room round the corner - one of the 'satellite rooms' talked about on the website. This room looked like someones flat - it was full of personal possessions and we felt very much as though were were intruding. In addition there was a set of stairs within the flat concealed by a screen, which concerned us from a security point of view. However, the bedroom itself was clean and comfortable. Imagine our surprise when in the morning we were met in the internal hallway by an elderly lady in pyjamas, who we presume must have come up the stairs into the room we had booked for our own personal use!!!!She did not explain who she was or what she was doing in our room!This has got to be the strangest place I have ever stayed in -no explanation about anything and a proprietor who lets out other peoples flats and is only available at the end of a phone. Certainly a way to remember a trip to NYC!!

Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple