“Only quality is Good localization”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Chambers Hotel

Chambers Hotel
Ranked #138 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“Only quality is Good localization”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

I didn't enjoy my stay at the hotel.
The thing I like the most when I arrive to a hotel is a wonderful bed! I hope for a bery good quality mattress with white new sheets and pillows. The bed didint even had a headboard. The pillows weren't good and the mattress....
The towels were small. My husband almost needed two of them.

The toilet had a broken bottom end the light switches were from my grandma decade. The carpet?!?? My god! need to be changed immediately!!!! Is old,!! The hair dryer is old, the corridor and elevator were too dark.

When I read the menu, there was nothing decent to order, so I asked for a bread with butter!! Yes!! There was this option in the menu....there wasn't an omelette, or a salad or some pasta...

People were cold. When called the front desk, there was a felling that they wanted to hang up quick. In person was different, so I can't tell who was.
I remember of JOSÉ ALMEIDA that was the best person at the hotel! Very nice person and dedicated to do everything to please...

That's all I remember..

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MARIA M
ChambersNewYork, General Manager at Chambers Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Dear Ms. M.

I am indeed very sorry to know you were displeased. Please know we take all of your comments to heart and will endeavor to improve in all events.

Please feel free contacting me if you wish to discuss your thoughts and feeling further.

Once again, I am very sorry your were not pleased.

All kind regards,

General MAnager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Hebrew first
Central Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

This is a great place to stay with comfortable modern rooms and great service. This is the kind of friendly atmosphere missing in most places. It really does make a difference. These folks were great! The rooms are retrofitted loft like rooms (if that makes any sense). Not large rooms bu perfectly sized and designed for people who are there to enjoy the city. The location is just a couple of blocks from Central Park, 1/2 block from 5th Avenue and close to wherever you need to get in Midtown. We will definitely be back! We have stayed several places in Manhattan and highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: try the crack pie at mamfukus next door!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear dclawofc,

Many thanks for your very kind words and for sharing them. I will ensure all our staff know; they surely are the ones who make it all happen.

I am delighted to know you will be back and I invite you to contact me as I will be pleased to handle your reservation.

Until soon and thanks again,

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

A few blocks from Central Park this lovely hotel with a fabulous staff is a gem. No extra fee for dogs - now that's pet friendly. Rooms are nice, lobby area cool ... can't say enough good things about our stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
ChambersNewYork, General Manager at Chambers Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear dinpomp,

You like us, you really like us.

Many thanks on sharing your enthusiasm and please let me know when life finds you heading back to New York. I will be thrilled to meet you and the pooch. and of course assist you in any way I can.

Florence, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

Near-perfect location.
Unique decor. A mixture of graffiti, college humor, and hip. The small (like classic New York) standard queen room is well & completely appointed, comfortable, and lends itself very well to a sole business traveler. All the staff is friendly, helpful, and refreshingly casual.
I'll stay there again.

Room Tip: There is no apparent location-significant difference among the rooms; south will give you a view of...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Dear BillyReyn,

Viva la Difference! Thank you for taking time in sharing your kind words, we greatly appreciate it.

Perhaps a dinner or lunch at Milos next time you are in town. Surely let me know and I will be happy assisting you with your booking and a few nooks and crannies of fine repute.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

We took a risk by staying at a boutique hotel that received high ratings on Tripadvisor. The risk paid off, and we were thoroughly delighted from the minute we exited the taxi.

The staff at Chambers Hotel was amazingly friendly, especially Ty, the bellman that greeted us. He took our luggage to the room, explained everything to us, and gave us valuable tips about the subway and places to visit. We took his advice and were very pleased with each of his tips.

The room was small, as is typical in New York, but the furnishings and arrangement made the room feel spacious. We stayed four days and never felt cramped. One evening, we even stayed in to relax and watch a movie -- very comfortable! The bed was excellent -- we slept great! And the room's climate control worked well -- we were never too warm.

The waterfall shower was fun and felt great. Chambers really paid attention to all the details, including the toiletries.

There were many excellent restaurants nearby, including Robert in Columbus Circle. This was the furthest uptown we had ever stayed, and we will do so again. Subways were nearby, and the three shows we saw were each an easy walk.

We are so accustomed to the big chain hotels that it felt a little risky to stay at this one-of-a-kind place, but we are so thank we did! I would encourage anyone to stay at the Chambers.

Room Tip: We stayed in an executive queen room with two windows on the front side. And excellent choice.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
ChambersNewYork, General Manager at Chambers Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear Dupre80,

Here's to taking a risk now and then; it surely can be fraught and we are thrilled you found Chambers. Except for our doors, we do like to keep a low profile, there is more than enough hustle and bustle just outside our doors.

Ty is a fine gentlemen and he own those lovely doors and enjoys nothing more than sharing his love of New York with all our guests.

Once again, we are delighted you found us. Please do not hesitate contacting me whether you are returning to New York or traveling elsewhere, when I may be able to offer a suggestion for a similar hotel.

Leicester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

First off great location. Right in the heart of Midtown, a stones throw from 5th Ave and its shopping. 3 blocks from Central Park, 5 mins to Rockefeller and 15 mins to Times Square.
The hotel has a huge front door with a guy there to open it for you, and it opens into a lovely modern high ceilinged lobby with very fancy decor and plenty of sofas and chill out areas. The balconied mezzanine over looking it all looks like a library with its choice of books.
The receptionists are very friendly and helpful. They gave us 2 free drinks at the bar, and then when they found out it was our honeymoon, two more!
The rooms aren't key carded, you get a big old fashioned key which I liked - part of the hotel's boutique feel.
You'll notice nice art all over the place, in the rooms, corridors and lobby. It's not a huge hotel which I liked as you get a more personal service and it's more serene, which you need in the city that never sleeps!
The rooms are a good size for the price and location. Immaculate and modern, with large flat screen TV, iPod alarm clock docking station. There's some nice touches too like a lamp that hangs by a weight so you can adjust the height, and a letter from the manager saying what's going on in the neighbourhood that weekend. The bed is very comfortable and I'm fussy with hotel beds.
The bathroom was pristine, with a walk in 'rainforest' shower and some cute toileteries.
You get a complimentary USA Today or NY Times (can't remember!) and bottled water and chocolates each day - they even gave us some for the road on our departure given it was so hot - again really friendly reception.
The only downside, and I mean only, was our view. Although on the 7th floor, our view was the back of other buildings on all four sides, but I imagine street side views would be cool.
We got this pretty cheap (£120/$200 a night I think) for the area/city, so keep an eye on price drops.

Room Tip: For the best burger in New York head to the secret Burger Joint a minute walk away. Only found by go...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear martl_2001,

Thank you kindly for sharing your enthusiastic review with TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate it and we are thoroughly delighted you found Chambers so much to your liking. I will be certain to share your kind words with all our staff.

Surely let me know when you are coming back to town; we'd love having you once again as our guest and we can perhaps direct you to a few other hidden gems.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

We had a perfect experience at Chambers Hotel. To start with, the decor is great- contemporary but comfortable, with lots of nice little touches. The rooms even have colored pencils and a trace paper dispenser attached to the desk! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We were traveling with our one year old, which is not the easiest feat, and the staff were extremely accommodating. They even knew our son's name, and talked to him each time we passed the front desk. I cannot sing the praises of the staff enough. I had a brief stint working at the Ritz after college, and I can honestly say the service at the Chambers exceeded that of the Ritz. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
ChambersNewYork, General Manager at Chambers Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Why thank you, Jill W.

Those are quite the words of praise and recognition for our truly stellar staff and I am thoroughly delighted in passing them on. Thank you for sharing them.

We are, of course, pleased you found Chambers so much to your liking and surely hope you will bring your son back on a regular basis; room service is one of life's true pleasures.