“Labor Day visit”

Ranked #137 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Labor Day visit”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Went on my yearly Labor Day brother/sister/daughter mini vacation last weekend, and this year we stayed at the Chambers. Lovely hotel, pleasant staff, good restaurant, great location (close to Central Park, Broadway Shows, and luxury shopping). Room was super, very modern, comfy bed, great bathroom, very quiet, turn down service that included yummy chocolates, and premium bottled water nightly. Would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
ChambersNewYork, General Manager at Chambers Hotel, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear Cindlylu 12,

What a fine time to visit. Thank you for being our guests and subsequently sharing your very kind words.
Just let us know when you want to return and please feel free contacting me, I would be delighted to assist with your reservations and to turn you on to a few lesser known finds of our terrific staff.

Ansell Hawkins

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Hebrew first
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 5 September 2013

At the occasion of our booking we had asked for a quiet room and we were therefore rather chocked that we got a front room on the 3th floor, very much exposed to the New York street noise. When we discovered that on the other side of the street a building is being torn down, and that noisy trucks and forklifts profit from a great deal of the night to load the concrete rubble and debris that are collected there during the day we asked for a quieter room. The receptionist explained that although we could move up 2 floors the only possibility for a quiet room with 3 beds was a suite on one of the upper floors and would cost us for the remaining days some extra 1400 US, which we refused. Since our room had already been paid for, we felt trapped even after the price of our room was reduced with some 15%.
The last evening the engine of the airco in our room burned beyond repair, and we were moved to a suite on the upper floors. So after the discomfort of completely packing and moving up (nobody of the staff helped us) we finally had a quite night. My conclusion: Out of the 4 nights that we had booked, only one answered to what a hotel basically should offer its guests: a possibility to sleep...
I learned that the demolition work in front of the lower rooms will run till spring next year ... so forget sleeping in the rooms on the lower floors....

Paul Bogaerts

Room Tip: refuse a front room if lower than the 10th floor
6 Thank Paul B
ChambersNewYork, General Manager at Chambers Hotel, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Dear Mr. Bogaerts,
We are very sorry you did not enjoy your visit to Chambers. We pride ourselves on having a quiet hotel that offers relief from the hustle and bustle of our often rambunctious city but sometimes we are not in control of all that happens outside our windows or the time aforementioned happens.
As in my previous email, please do feel free in contacting me directly and I will ensure you have a splendid and splendidly quiet trip to New York.
Yours kindly,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 1 September 2013

This hotel is a true hidden gem! Stayed there twice, loved it both times. The location is perfect to explore the city, especially with my kids. The rooms are just perfect, the art work is beautiful (each floor has a different theme), what makes it different than other hotels is the service and friendly staff. I highly recommend this hotel and will definetly come back!

Room Tip: Dont miss Momofuku milk bar!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
ChambersNewYork, General Manager at Chambers Hotel, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear Bodour A.

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words with Trip Advisor. Curious, too, that we refer to our lovely hotel as a hidden gem. We are very happy to know you and your children felt so well cared for; that is what it is all about and I will surely share your praise with all our staff.

Until Soon,

Oxford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This hotel in midtown is in an excellent location in midtown NY.
Upon arrival we were greeted by friendly and helpful staff.
Our Standard Queen room was sufficient for our needs and well appointed. We were at the rear of the hotel so it was very quiet at night, slough the road outside the hotel is not very busy.
We needed an iron and it was brought to us immediately and left with us until we left.
All in all a great hotel, and we would stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear are better. Less noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Robert,

Thank you kindly for your review and for sharing it on TripAdvisor. It is greatly appreciated.

We will be delighted having you stay with us anytime. Please feel free contacting me directly and I will gladly assist you in all things New York.

Millwood, Virginia
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I just stumbled on Chambers Hotel and I consider it a lucky stumble!! The staff was suburb Ty, Robert and Sue went above and beyond with service and helpful suggestions about food, areas of NYC and parking! The rooms were small, but it's prime real estate, the showers are a treat and the liens were great! I loved the small European feeling of the hotel as opposed to a large sterile vacuous lobby of many hotels! The location is perfect for the mid town area, right off 5th Ave..I will definitely make Chambers my go to spot in the City!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the back in a queen room, it doesn't have a view, but it was very quiet!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
ChambersNewYork, General Manager at Chambers Hotel, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Hello Phyllis.

Many thanks for your delightful words of praise. I am certain to share them with all our staff as they are the ones who make it make it happen.

We are so pleased you stumbled on our lovely spot of 56th Street, where we like to keep a calm oasis amid the hustle and bustle of Midtown.

Please feel free contacting me directly as I will be pleased to assist with all your arrangements for your next and all reservations.

Yours kindly,

Kusnacht, Switzerland
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Except for the very high prices for rooms (guess that is ny), there is no bad word coming out of my mouth regarding this hotel. It is a design hotel in the very center of the city and outright amazing. I have been a guest here many times and was pleased with all aspects of my stay. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: never had a bad one
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mark M
ChambersNewYork, General Manager at Chambers Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Dear Mark,

Thank you for your kind words and for returning to be our guest. We are delighted.

Until soon,

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

I come here on business quite often and its always a smooth and comfortable experience. So much so that I decided to come with my husband and another couple for a leisurely trip. I usually stay in a standard queen room, not large but very comfortable. The beds and showers are great! Love the writing desk and interesting artwork. This time we stayed in a studio king room which was lovely! The staff is refreshingly well.. Refreshing! Casual yet professional, very efficient and tons of fun! My only bad comment is for the restaurant. The food is not nearly up to par and room service was more hassle than it was worth. But with so many great places to eat in the area and excellent concierge (special thanks to our star, Amber) this would certainly not deter us from coming to the Chambers again!

• Stayed May 2013
ChambersNewYork, General Manager at Chambers Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Dear Julie D.

I couldn't agree more, it is all about the staff and I am continually amazed at the pleasure ours is able to offer; they surely make it a pleasure for me to be at the hotel and I see how positively our guests react to their ministrations.

Thank you for including your husband and friends in your visit, it is the very best compliment and I thank you for it.

Alas, I am very sorry to hear your displeasure with Má Pêche and I will surely discuss your comments and issues with their management team, as they are owned separately.

Once again, we are very pleased you find Chambers to be your home in New York and I certainly encourage you to contact me directly whenever your business or pleasure bring you back.

Kindly,