Chambers Hotel
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$371
US$343
  • Room Service
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$195
  • Pool
The Lucerne Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$387
US$251
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$188
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Muse Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$321
US$284
  • Restaurant
The Kimberly Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$322
US$308
Orbitz.com
US$362
US$312
Homewood
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness centre
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$243
Agoda.com
US$314
US$291
  • Pool
Stewart Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$210
  • Room Service
All reviewsma pechemilk barcentral parkboutique hotelnew yorkrain showertrump towerfifth avenuebottled watergreat showersmall hotelbath productsbasic roomgreat boutiqueroom servicegreat amenitiesturn down service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 June 2008

Good hotel in great location. Rooms are a bit tired and on the smallish side. No in-house gym. Great staff.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank maddog2000
Reviewed 22 January 2008

I have stayed at the Chambers about 8 nights per year for the past 3 years. It is my preferred hotel for business I conduct in midtown.

It is a small, high class boutique hotel with elegrant style and service. The rooms are nice sized with contemporary decor. Staff servce is very good and particularly excellent for regulars. The neighborhood setting is wonderful as it sits on (relatively) quiet 56th and has a world of food, shopping, and entertainment options within blocks.

The restauant Town is very good. The bar is nice but small and pricey.

I would recommend the Chambers for those who seek a relaxed but sophisticated hotel.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business
5  Thank RyanMarin
Reviewed 27 November 2007

I had some "reservations" about this hotel given some of the prior reviews comments about the service. When I am spending $1,200 for a weekend away, I expect the hotel and service to be exceptional.

Chambers did not disappoint.

From the bellman to the bartender, everyone at Chambers provided top notch customer service. They were friendly and helpful without being intrusive.

The hotel itself has a great location and is very stylish and well appointed. We went to Town for dinner and it was good but seemed a bit pricey but the convenience factor couldn't be beat.

The hotel set us up with the TownHouse spa next door for some great massage's and herbal steam soaks. Very relaxing and recommended.

I would stay at this hotel again without question. Granted, it's not cheap but you get what you pay for in this case.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank EmCodee
Reviewed 14 August 2007

I'll rate this hotel between a three and a four. The entire hotel is ready for fresh carpeting, some paint here and there. Feels very 90's. The hotel was quite clean, just a little worn. Rooms are small but typical for this kind of hotel -- very hip, nice goodies in the mini-bar including condoms, great - make that fabulous showers and a decent bed. The staff was casual and hip but very helpful, accommodating and made our trip easy by dealing with our car, making reservations, dealing with the dog, etc.....For a pet friendly hotel,
I'd definitely stay here over the SoHo Grande. Cannot beat the location -- and our room was quiet on the back of the hotel. Make sure you read the little black book - has great info about everything
in the neighborhood from Garren to subway stops. This was our first stay. We walked to dinner at The Modern and could park our car out front with no problem while we got organized.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank elizabeth n
Reviewed 3 June 2007

On my last visit to NYC, my boyfriend picked the Chambers Hotel because of its location. I have had drinks in the bar area a few years ago , but I never stayed at the hotel. The front desk people where amazing and helpful. It was a pleasant arrival. The room was a bit small , but cute. It had a sketch pad on a desk in the sitting area. The bed was comfortable and the pillows where down. The room was very clean. The bathroom was small, but what I didn't like, was that it wasn't really that private. There wasn't a bathroom door ,just sliding cabinets that separate the bedroom from the bathroom. The lighting was awful , So it was hard to get ready to go out.
It was located close to shopping and the appointment that my boyfriend had. It worked out ok for the two nights we stayed there but we both agreed we would not be staying there again. The hotel did not have a gym. You would have to go out and walk to the closest gym. The restaurant at the hotel was really nice. I did enjoy that. But I have stayed at a lot of better hotels so I'm a little spoiled . I like a makeup area, which this one did not have.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business