This is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at in NYC. Every time I come to NYC I stay at a different hotel so I have definitely tried enough to made such a comment.
1) The service
- The service in this hotel is way below par, I'd give it a 2 star. The staff at the lobby would literally watch you struggle lugging your luggages through the door and not give you any assistance.
- During my stay here, they had issues with their elevators. They don't have any measures to mitigate the problem. I was waiting in the lift lobby for almost 10 minutes to get an elevator and no one would tell you that the elevator was out of service. And they are not apologetic about the situation at all, if they don't appear facetious about the whole situation. (and this elevator malfunction happens ALL THE TIME)
2) The rate
The hotel room is so basic that you won't even be able to find an iron in the room.They are charging a 5 star rate with 2 star amenities and services.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chambers is just off Fifth Avenue on 56th Street in the heart of midtown Manhattan and steps from the most prestigious shopping area in the world, museums and Central Park, offers a seamless fusion of uptown luxury and downtown cool. With a relaxed, attentive culture of service, Chambers is one of New York’s most alluring and chic hotels. Within its 72 rooms and 5 suites you will find an oasis of calm amid the hustle and bustle of one of the most exciting cities in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Preferred Hotels, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Chambers Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chambers Hotel New York City
- Chambers New York City