“Our new hotel for NYC stays”

Crosby Street Hotel
Ranked #5 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Toronto
“Our new hotel for NYC stays”
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I stayed at the Crosby this week with two team members. We've already booked five of us in for a week in October, based on a great first visit.

The rooms are large for Manhattan, funky, functional, and comfortable. iPod docks, heated towel racks, turndown service, a well-stocked mini bar, two sinks in the bathroom, and lots of peace and quiet.

We used a meeting room for a day and a half and were happy with both the space and the service.

Ask one of the bartenders for a Duke of Perth: a divine creation.

We did have one quirk with the restaurant. We weren't able to sit in their gorgeous courtyard, even though it was just after ten at night. Noise by-laws, which is understandable but still too bad. We also were unable to order food, even from the small plates menu. When I asked if we could just have some bread and butter, I was told that they threw it out. I confirmed that I could go to my room and order 24-hour room service. We heartily accept that kitchens close, but 10pm seems a bit early in a metropolis like NYC.

A small incident in an otherwise impeccable stay. Absolutely fabulous concierge and door staff.

There is a Starbucks on the corner, lots of good shops and restaurants, and a running path one mile west, just down Houston to the piers.

This is where we'll be staying from now on.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Baxtacular

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Arabic first
NYC
Reviewed 10 August 2011

I have stayed at the Crosby a couple of times in recent months. It is a newish property that is very comfortable and well run. Loved my time there and will be making it my home base in New York from now on.

Rooms are pleasant, well decorated and very comfortable. Service is impeccable and attentive.

All in all a great experience

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Philadelphia
Reviewed 2 August 2011

I admit I'm head over heels for Firmdale's Covent Garden Hotel. The over-the-top decor. The huge bathrooms. The big windows. The little silver strainer for my tea cup at breakfast. The pencils. It all adds up for me. So I was excited but a little nervous to try their New York outpost - could it possibly be as wonderful as London? As it turns out, yes it could and it is. Because they basically picked up the London experience and dropped it into "the other" Soho. Right down to the little silver tea strainer. The beds are every bit as luxurious. The fabrics and textures are awesome. The window took up the entire wall. They even have the high end English bathroom fixtures and a signature Miller Harris fragrance. Loved it. In fact, in certain respects, I loved it even more than London. See, this hotel has the space for a fantastic guest-only garden. And a special appearance by Brooke Shields in the elevator (your mileage may vary). And, most importantly, I can get there by Amtrak so I can conceivably visit more than once a year. I definitely plan to.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Nice on-line reservation system. Hotel staff impressively trained and accommodating. My on-line request for a quiet room was cheerfully noted when we checked in. Our deluxe room was spacious, well appointed and airy. Since NYC rooms tend to be small, I think it's worth paying for a larger room especially if our stay is more than 2 nights.

Concierge called before our arrival to offer help with reservations - another nice touch! All the staff were so friendly and welcoming. A nice departure from so many downtown hotels that take themselves a bit too seriously (eg the Mercer and the Greenwich).

Room Tip: Make a request for a higher floor room facing east.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 August 2011

What a place, what great service, what a joy to visit and stay at Crosby Street Hotel... with wonderful 5 star white linen breakfasts every day in the garden or in the restaurant, fantastic staff who think of nothing to ensure your ultimate satisfaction. TIP: after a long flight, order the Crosby street burger - it's to die for - and make sure you have a few cocktails in the drawing room to really luxe it up.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Actually,
it is hard to put word on this - this is one of my very best hotel experiences ever - from the moment I went inside I was blown away..........
World class service
World class rooms
World class everything!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Beautiful Hotel with lovely courtyards........Lovev ly Rooms, very nice toiletries and you also receive a preety box of pencils.

Room Tip: Ask to overlook the courtyard............A tip tho the windows aren't one way as I found out muc...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends