“I don't think I could stay anywhere else in NYC”

Crosby Street Hotel
Ranked #5 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“I don't think I could stay anywhere else in NYC”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We checked in on Sunday 20th April and left on Tuesday 22nd. From start to end, the stay was brilliant. We had a stunning 'luxury' king room on the 4th floor at the front of the hotel looking out over the flag flying above the entrance. The room was so comfortable and spacious for NYC. We enjoyed the Sunday night film club - with a 3 course dinner first followed by The Secret Life of Walter Mitty in the basement cinema after. The dinner was mostly tasty - the experimental dessert (flavours of grape) was a little bit on the bizarre side. The cocktail menu could be a bit more varied. The service and friendliness of all the staff was exceptional.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We had a great stay at the Crosby Street Hotel, the staff and the service are perfect, welcoming and warm. The hotel is very nicely decorated, both the rooms and the public areas, including a very nice terrace. Our room, on the 11th floor had a beautiful view on Soho. The gym is good. Food at dinner and breakfast were very good, sophisticated but not over sophisticated.
If you want to stay in Soho, I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This is one of the few hotels in NY that feels like it was designed by hoteliers that actually care about their guests. Many others have nice touches or work well with their limitations but it is clear they are working around limitations. We started our trip at another hotel and upon spontaneously extending our trip moved here and are so glad we did. The other hotel was located in Greenwich Village and was a nice hotel - well appointed, reasonably nice staff, etc. But moving here we felt like we graduated to a real hotel. Service was spectacular, close to everything you want and yet don't feel like you are in the middle of it either, design is tastefully done and everything feels authentic. I will never stay anywhere else in NY!

Room Tip: How do I undo the Swimming Pool? No pool but a cool theater in the basement!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Santa Barbara, CA USA
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The Crosby Street Hotel is set on a quiet, cobblestone street just off the most exciting Soho shopping streets. The lobby and public spaces feature a brilliant combination of modern and ethnic art. I think the dining room is one of the most thrilling and inviting I've ever seen in a hotel. My room was very pleasant and faced a back street. Design and fixtures all immaculate and well-chosen.

The Crosby Street is my favorite New York City hotel. Super location, a wondrous sense of design and decor that combines hip London (it's owned by an English firm) with energetic New York. It completely exceeded my expectations and also felt fairly priced. Highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
San Francisco
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I love this hotel because it is a stylish, sumptuous urban retreat, a treat for the senses, but does not sacrifice functionality. The hotel is ever ready for a photo-shoot but they have also considered how everything feels and works. The beds and furniture are comfy, the showers super strong, plenty of light, perfect alarm clock, lighted closets, solid doors, fabric padded walls for quiet, an inventive and a delicious room service menu that satisfies both adults and kids. The location is perfect for a fun trip to NYC, right in the heart of SOHO and right around the corner from a couple different subway lines that put the theaters, midtown, etc. just a few minutes away. The visual appearance of every nook and cranny has been well considered. Not sure if they have just renovated after being open several years but almost everything is in pristine condition. The lobby, an art and garden oasis, even smells divine. All of the employees we encountered seemed like invested professionals who provided excellent service.

Caveats - the views are mostly of the very close neighboring buildings, the best/only place to enjoy your room service is sitting on the floor at the coffee table (junior suite connected to deluxe room), some rookie mistakes like an alarm clock left on from previous guests or missing utensils from room service. I'd also add that the junior suite, while significantly more expensive than the next best room category, provides, as far as I can see from our two rooms, a larger and lit built-in closet vs. an armoire, a larger bathroom, and a slightly larger room. I'm not sure there is a consistent price to value relationship though I would certainly opt again for the junior suite on future visits.

Overall, this hotel definitely elevates your entire experience in NYC. As others have noted, it is a very special place.

Room Tip: The deluxe room provides almost as much as the junior suite for far less money.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank shanstan
Melbourne
Reviewed 9 April 2014

On my first trip to NYC in over 20 years it was important to me to stay somewhere special. This was also the first holiday I had had with my husband sans enfants in 18 years. It's always a gamble picking hotels; will it live up to expectations? Especially when there's a reasonable amount of money involved. Well The Crosby exceeded my expectations. Having long been a fan of Kit Kemp's interiors I knew it was going to look good but it was still a thrill walking into the entrance, the room was divine. It's location is perfect, walk everywhere. Hip cafes and boutique shops on its doorstep. I'm hoping to be in New York next year and don't intend to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Rarely do my relatives from the West Coast come to the Big Apple, so when they did, I wanted them to see something special. A friend who works in the area had introduced me to this place. I made a mental note to come back with out-of-towners, and so I had the pleasure of breakfasting in the hotel's restaurant. The server knew how to stay attentive while in the background. Our water glasses were never empty; my napkin was refolded when I excused myself. The coffee was superb as were the fresh berries. After breakfast, we wandered from room to room around the lobby and outdoor patio. There is tasteful and eclectic artwork everywhere that combines primitif with modern. The furniture clusters makes it feel more like someone's home than a hotel.

The front desk staff was most accommodating. They gladly charged up my dead battery while we dined.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family