“MOST Excellent Stay in NYC!”

Crosby Street Hotel
Ranked #6 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My husband had business in NYC and the Co he works for put us up here for 2 nights. I will tell you .. I have stayed in many hotels .. this was the best 2 nights and 2 and a half days ever! The hotel is chic, posh, yet warm and comfortable. The attention to detail is 5 star! I arrived early, before my husband as he was traveling from a different city ... and I only had to wait about an hour and a half. I sat at the bar in the hotel restauant and had an amazing breakfast. Our room was on the 6th floor facing the courtyard. It was a busy Friday afternoon and I heard no noise!! The room was stellar! We were in a delux room with king bed. Ohthe bed and pillows.!! So very very comfy. I slept sooo well! I usually travel with a sound machine and in this room I did not need it!! The walls are covered in fabric and help with the sound proofing. I was most impressed!! The huge warehouse style window with cushions on the sill was my favorite spot to sit in the sun and watch above a few rooftops and out over the city. While I unpacked I noticed details like - lights in the closet - a electical outlet - beautiful shelving as well as a lavendar sachet on a hanger! There were at least two beautiful chest of drawers as well as a nightstand with drawers to keep things tucked away and tidy. Lighting was wonderful - in bathroom and our room. There was a very comy sofa and chair as well as a desk and chair. The bathroom is amazing too, Heated towel bars for 4 big towels and although we were there in the summer - I swear the floor was heated. I never got cold in the huge lovely marble shower or standing on the marble floor while getting ready. Bathrobes were lux and the shampoo, conditioner and soap .. all lux! Two beautiful pedstool sinks and there was plenty of room for my husband and I to get ready in same bathroom. The service in the bar and restaurant as well as the front desk were all excellent and friendly! I read that each room is different .. I loved ours ... not sure Id want to change. The air conditioner was great. Kept us cool at just the right temp or wherever we set it! Loved the close proximity to many NYC attractions as I spent a day exploring SoHo! My husband is a NY'r and we spent a lovely summer evening strolling the SoHo, Tibeca and The Village. I was sad to say good bye to our lovely room and most quiet little gem in the big apple!

Room Tip: Rooms that face courtyard are very very quiet!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is a beautiful addition to the neighborhood and the inside has gorgeous artwork for guests to enjoy. Conveniently located and extremely pet-friendly and accommodating. Highly recommend this beautiful space if you're sick of chains and feeling like a number. They offer high-quality service and delicious food.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Having been to NYC numerous times but typically stay at kind of generic hotel chains, wanted to treat my mother to a fabulous trip and stay at the Crosby Street. Beyond the luxury and top-notch location in Soho, some of the details are what really made this place fabulous and unique:
- Turndown service includes a complimentary Evian bottle for each guest, as well as very pleasant smelling (spa-like) room spray, also these unique French cuff links (at least I think that's what those were)
- The conceirge and staff went above and beyond to accommodate a special request I had for surprising my mom upon arrival w/ a note and bottle of wine; the bell man also ran several blocks during a rain storm to hail a cab for us...these acts are above and beyond what your typical NYC hotel will do
- back Garden is lush, tranquil, and beautifully decorated. It's a gorgeous sanctuary in the city and I haaven't seen anything like it at any other hotel in the city. Building is also rated LEED Gold
- Like many other reviews mentioned, the room is HUGE compared to standard hotel sizes, including a very roomy bathroom. The floor to ceiling windows make the rooms bright and airy and the view from the upper-level floors is AWESOME. I would just sit and look out the window. Bed is also very comfortable.

The only downside is some of the staff seem a bit aloof and snobbish, while others are extremely friendly. I kind of felt like it's luxury boutique hotel kind of catering to the snooty crowd or celeb-type clientele and if you don't fit that mold, you were kind of looked down on. However, this was only a few of the staff and maybe I'm just sensitive (b/c my mom didn't seem to notice a thing). Plus, most of the staff personnel were really, really friendly.

One other thing to note: the Library Room and Honesty Bar are a cool perk, but beware if you actually make your own cocktail. The prices are pretty ridiculous ($20 for a shot of vodka) and I made my own drink pretty stiff and got charged $40 when I was checking out. Sure, I probably had 2 shots in my drink, but I was flabbergasted they actually measured & charged me $40 for one cocktail.

I've stayed at other 5-star hotels in different cities/countries (ex: Esperanza in Cabo, Boca Raton Resort & Club in Florida) and this competes with the best of them. The price is pretty hefty for even their basic room (in fact, the per-night room charge at Crosby is on par w/ the Esperanza - which is on Conde Nast's Best Hotels in the World list) so I think it's a little overpriced for what it is, but that doesn't negate the fact that it is a unique, amazing luxury hotel in Manhattan.

Room Tip: Crosby Street side and higher-level if you can afford it!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kim C
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Beautifully decorated spaces in convenient location close to Broadway, restaurants, good shopping, subway and 20 mins walking distance from 9/11 Museum. Funky guest sitting room with honesty bar on ground floor. Pet friendly. Dining room with variety of seating. Delicious breakfast and central sculpture courtyard with relaxed seating for lunch or a drink. Friendly front desk and excellent Conciege. And the down pillows are heavenly to sleep on.

Room Tip: Room 302 near lifT well not the most expensive but quiet, large and full of light. Overlooks sculptu...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed here for 6 nights in May and it is a lovely, lovely hotel. Beautiful rooms, comfy beds, gorgeous and spacious bathrooms, extremely helpful and attentative concierge as well as being in a perfect location. The one let down, was the restaurant staff and the length of time it took on each occasion we went for something to eat to get our food. Staff were snooty at times, and we left feeling they cared more for the guest who weren't staying at the hotel. We stayed in a Deluxe Junior Suite and although lovely and spacious, I wouldn't call it a suite. Having said that, this hotel is a great find, and we would love to come back soon.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Anna H
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is a lovely, cozy boutique hotel in the SoHo neighborhood of NYC. We come to Manhattan once a year and wouldn't stay anywhere else. The rooms are cozy without being cramped, with beautiful linens and towels and a well appointed bathroom. And the rooms are QUIET, which is saying something in Manhattan. The staff are uniformly helpful, especially Concierge Chris, who invariably goes out of his way to assist us each time we see him. The lounge is an intimate sitting area with bar service if you'd like. Our one quibble: the music in the restaurant is generally too loud and too hip for us at breakfast. However, the staff are generally willing at least to lower the volume while we are there. We recommend the hotel highly -- we will return in several weeks.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robbie B
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed at this gorgeous place for one week. The rooms are beautyfully designed and spacious. We chose a deluxe junior suite which offered a fantastic view of Soho.
In addition, concierge was very professional - thank you very much!

Room Tip: Deluxe junior suites --> better views
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple