“classy”

Ranked #5 of 468 Hotels in New York City
belfast, northern ireland
“classy”
Reviewed 8 September 2010

Im a huge fan of the soho hotel and haymarket hotel in london and am just delighted that firmdale have worked their magic in new york!

loved the rooms with the floor to ceiling windows. was great for just gazing out on soho. As usual the decor in both rooms and public areas is immaculate. so tasteful, elegant but modern too.

Staff were great. genuinely friendly.

all in all a great addition to the new york hotel scene. somthing different and very special. cant wait to go back!

1 Thank belfasttraveller7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 6 September 2010

We arrived for labor day weekend and were blown away by the friendly service that was prompt but not pretentious. It's like having your own flat in soho for the weekend. We've stayed at ever ultra luxury hotel and this is by far our favorite. Room service was fast and good. We loved the bar and courtyard area. we will definitely be back, and its not soon enough.

• Stayed September 2010
2 Thank Iujackbrown
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 28 August 2010

Arrived at 11 pm checked in and went to Balthazar for dinner. Felt like Nebuchadnezzer and the hotel with its outside gardens and art made me feel like an emperor in the greatest city on earth. The hotel was like a personal palace.

1 Thank aussiebok
Los angeles
Reviewed 25 August 2010

I've stayed at lots of ultra luxury hotels in major US and Euro cities and I can honestly say that the Crosby Street Hotel is one of my all time favorites. The design is so current and cool yet not too pretentious as to feel unwelcoming. The service is friendly, the rooms are pristine, the views of Soho from your room are great...I can go on. The afternoon tea has to be experienced here and at night time the bar is magical.
I'm not one to throw out compliments for nothing but tonight while watching Rachel Zoe's project show and seeing her hang out in the room and clips showing the hotel from the outside reminded me of how much I loved the Crosby Street Hotel....so much so that I started this account just to write this review!
Everyone who is lucky enough to experience this hotel should be thankful!

2 Thank GreenSkirt
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 August 2010

First of all, we LOVED the design of this hotel. The public and private guest rooms are luxurious, quirky, and spotless. I really wanted to love the service too, but we had a few glitches, hence the less than perfect rating.

We found our room to have plenty of space with a fantastic, wall sized window overlooking relatively quiet Crosby Street. Even though it's an expensive place, I think you get your money's worth by New York City standards. The room had a king size bed with Frette linens, an iPod, flat screen TV, radio, bathrobes, mini bar and ample closet space. Everything feels brand new and as though a lot of thought was put into the quality of the materials used and the little details. I especially liked the little window seats and textures used throughout the grey and lavender room.

The grey marble bathrooms are a decent size, but not huge. Our room had one pedestal sink with a ledge running behind it to store your toiletries. The large shower had amazing water pressure.

Now to the minor gripes. We found the service to be up and down. Chocolates and a welcome note on our first night but no sign of housekeeping on the second day until we called to request it late in the afternoon. Our electronic key stopped working mid-stay and requests from staff ranged from totally helpful to brusk depending on who was manning the floor.

Our one meal at the hotel was one of those experiences that had me looking around for the Candid Camera. My husband and I each ordered the "Crosby Breakfast" because it appeared to be the lightest and most simple meal on the menu (eggs, yogurt, fruit and bread). The joke was on us because the servers brought each item on large, separate plates to our table (muffins! croissants! toast! scrambled eggs! yogurt! berries! melon! jams! jellies!) They actually had to start putting plates on an adjoining table because there was no room for the eight plus vessels that arrived. I mean, I appreciate that we were getting our money's worth (at about $30 per person), but the whole episode was kind of awkward and unnecessary (not to mention an absurd waste of food).

So, as much as we loved the hotel, I can't say we 100% loved our stay. I would like to give it another try, but I am staying away from the restaurant.

2 Thank Bouquet61
Los Angeles
Reviewed 27 July 2010

A huge fan of the Covent Garden, I had high expectations for the Crosby and they were (mostly) met. The rooms (Luxury) are wonderful with a floor to ceiling, wall to wall of glass looking onto Crosby. The location (in SoHo) is perfect - great for shopping and one block away from the Spring, Prince, and B-Way/Lafayette subway stations. The staff is sweet and pretty and sexy, and, of course as often comes with that package, utterly ineffectual. Be prepared to do things on your own if you want to get it done (ie go around the corner to the liquor store on Prince get ice, make your own dinner reservations, and do your own homework on the neighborhood so as not to depend on the concierge); and have fun with housekeeping - they will decide on a day-to-day basis where THEY want to put YOUR things. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank jayglick
Kentucky
Reviewed 23 July 2010

Everything about this hotel is outstanding! I spent three days in NYC with my 22-year-old daughter and we loved every minute of it. Attention to detail without overdoing it. The rooms are incredible with great windows, rooms and bathrooms. Near the subway so midtown etc is not far away. The restaurant/bar is outstanding and we loved it. The only hotel we have ever stayed at near this experience was The Inn of the Anasazi in Santa Fe.

• Stayed July 2010