“Last Minute Stay”

Club Quarters Hotel, World Trade Center
Ranked #113 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I found this hotel on priceline for a one night stay when we came up to visit family. The guy at the front desk was very helpful. Valet at 1am was confusing, we ended up leaving our car keys with the front desk and going to our room. We had a suite which was spacious and had a kitchenette. Room was clean and the pull out coach was a nice size. The only downer was not all the tv channels work and the remote syncs to both tvs so turning one tv off actually turned the other tv on. Also, they have a great restaurant of the 20th floor. A little pricey but great serivice and worth the views.

Room Tip: If you want a little more space, upgrade to a suite, you won't be disappointed
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,550)

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I work for a communication company , been on the road a lot ! The hotel is in a great location , People are great ! helpful ! room is good size ! I had a kitchenette, witch for a long trim trip is great to have ! internet was good, liked that i had many hook ups for dvd , i phone, game systems ! Waters hot ! rooms clean what more can you want !

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank woodwalker1
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed at the Club Quarters hotel for the first time on a recent work trip to NY. I chose this property because of the good price, as NY is generally pretty expensive, and the proximity to our offices, which are almost directly opposite on the other side of the 9/11 memorial.

The property looks fairly new and the room I was given on the 18th floor was well maintained. I worked for one day from the room and found the set-up worked well to sit at the desk. The free WiFi worked well in the room and around the hotel, so I was able to connect everything I needed to in terms of devices while there.

The room came with a coffee maker, some cups, a fridge and microwave. I found it very strange that I had a microwave, but no spoons or plates to use in it - I'm not sure what good it would be except heating up previous meals (I got some cutlery from Pret to use for breakfast that I brought in). There is a closet on each floor that holds extras of coffee, sugar etc that you can refill if needed, which is good because the person who serviced the room forgot to replenish these several times. There is also a water cooler and containers on each floor for you to get your own water, which I really liked. The bathroom is small but ok, but again, I wasn't given facecloths a couple of days when the room was serviced. The water pressure was pretty bad, so it was a fairly fast and chilly shower during mid-winter with only a shower curtain to keep the heat in.

I ate at the restaurant on the Terrace one night and enjoyed the food and service very much - I was surprised by how much, given the decor is a bit outdated. I had food from the same place one night as room service also, although that menu is very limited. There is a Morton's restaurant attached to the hotel where I also ate one night and that was just lovely, although very, very expensive for just steak, albeit a great steak.

I did not see much of any other staff, although those in the lobby were always very courteous and helpful if approached. They have an automated checkout screen if you're coming and going early, which was ok if a bit slow, but meant I accidentally took my key card home with me, as there was no one to remind me to give it back - sorry guys.

The hotel is close to a number of restaurants, if you don't mind paying a bit. There is a Pret nearby, along with Century 21 Department store if you want to shop nearby, the 9/11 Memorial if you want to visit that (you can see the tourists line up outside the window) and lots of shops on Broadway nearby.

All in all I enjoyed my visit and liked the fact I could be fairly self-sufficient. I'd definitely consider staying here again and would recommend it to others, as it was as good, if not better than others, for less cost.

Room Tip: Good views from the memorial side.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We stayed at this Club Quarters several months each year while on assignment in NYC. We travel weekly for work. As “road warriors” we tend to look for several things – cleanliness, accommodating attitude, reasonable pricing.

Lobby/Public Rooms: The lobby and public rooms of the Club Quarters World Trade Center are all that one would expect from Club Quarters – welcoming, clean, orderly and spacious. The lobby is very welcoming with a fireplace and comfy seating. Controlled access cards required to get the elevator to go up is a hassle, but good security feature. We like the filtered water dispensers on every floor.

Grounds/Parking – We did not utilize parking. The 911 memorial attendees take over the sidewalks, stand gawking and have no concern for people trying to get to work. The construction noise can be deafening. Who knows what toxic waste still lurks at the 911 site? Getting your driver to take the car to the front door can be challenging. The trash piled waist high for pick-up is smelly and definitely not appetizing. Welcome to NYC!

Front Desk – Club Quarters World Trade Center still utilizes the paper folio and slips it under the door, but will e-mail if you request. Albert is the guy to see to get things handled. A baggage fee of 3.50 per week for storage seems a bit gouging. Charges were rarely incorrect, so the whole process is just the way we like it – no hassle. We found the service at the front desk courteous, fast and helpful, BUT learned the hard way that YOU have to request that they apply your rewards at check-in – they will not give credit otherwise. This is a major hassle, no doubt designed so that busy road warriors will skip. Really...this is rewarding those of us that pay more than $5,000 per month?

Room Service/Food – The wait staff is attentive and accommodating. We ordered room service many nights and we found the room service order taker a bit brusque when busy, but the delivery was prompt. There is a flat fee for every order and an 18% gratuity. One dinner can be had for around 29.00 – reasonable considering its NYC. We had dinner many evenings in the restaurant and found the food good, wait staff accommodating.

Atmosphere – we found the staffs amiable and constantly offering assistance. Throughout my stay, service was prompt and non-intrusive.

Bell Staff/Valet – Very helpful with transportation, directions and luggage. Anyone who travels frequently in NYC – actually anywhere knows that the minute the weather becomes inclement; taxis are scare as hen’s teeth. We found it faster to go round to the Marriott and get the taxi on West Street.

Rooms: We like the superior as the standard leaves a lot to be desired in terms of space, dark, and close – banged shins from beds so close to the bathroom doors, weird poles next to the bed so you go “clunk” in the middle of the night… and found that room to be generally well kept. The shower is consistent with hot water and good pressure. I appreciate the make-up mirror and shelving for small items. The king bed was very firm and is actually two twins, so you have that uncomfortable line down the middle which is annoying. There were down/feather pillows, which we prefer. There are plenty of plugs conveniently accessible for all our electronic media, the desk lamp is good and they also have a dictionary and some reading material in every room. We like the larger refrigerator and microwave in the room. There is no safe - you have to take your items to and from the one central one at the front desk – too big a hassle and a definite detriment.

HVAC – we found out the hard way that the HVAC shuts off when you leave the room. Coming back after working late, we found that the room was unbearable and it took all evening to heat or cool down. It was only after hearing multiple people complain in the middle of a heat wave in summer did we learn that you have to request that they leave the HVAC on when you leave. The engineering staffs were great about doing this, but at almost 300.00 per night usually, it was a hassle to request this every week.

Cheap price for the location, it's convenient to WFC.

Room Tip: Don't book near the exercise room -you can hear the treadmill all night and day.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank S N
Reviewed 15 February 2014

The hotel is quite small as well as the rooms. The soundproofing was really bad as I could hear almost everyone who walked by my room. I think the beds were fine. Breakfast was OK and you can enjoy a nice view from the restaurant while eating. If you're on a shopping spree then I would recommend a hotel further up on Manhattan.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I have stayed at this Club Quarters several times on my recent trips to lower Manhattan and I haven't had any bad experiences. The rooms are a good size, the beds are comfortable, the bathrooms are reasonably sized and well organized to maximize the space. I find the staff at this Club Quarters to be more interactive and friendly than at other ones I've experienced, and it definitely adds a nice start and end to my work days.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 February 2014

The only saving grace for this hotel is it's prime location for Wall Street/the financial district and it's reasonable prices, around $250 a night.

I was staying for work so I really only needed a room to sleep in but even still it didn't serve well just for this. The rooms are small, dated and in dire need of upgrading. The same applies for all the public areas bar the small lounge off reception that looked as if it had been recently renovated.

My main issue was that my room was claustrophobic, sloping, low ceilings and the door hit the bed when opened (same went for the bathroom door), the soundproofing was awful so I could constantly hear my neighbours and their TV and the bed was small and lumpy. Working away can always be a bit grim but this made it much more depressing!

If price and location are all you're worried about this might work for you, just don't expect a guaranteed good nights sleep in modern/comfortable surroundings.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business